Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 9:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Grenade
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:07 am 

If you knew how to build a fully functional grenade from scratch would you post it ??
It would be complete and have a home made pull pin delay fuse.
NO I wouldn't be posting it here. This is an oddy site -- there are rules.
CO

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Grenade
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:15 am 

To me it is the same as "I do not kiss and tell"

What is to be gained by posting that? IMO nothing - just asking for trouble.

Not all knowledge should be shared.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:39 am 

It would be hard to drive a oddy if you only have one arm or are dead.

Attachment:
785A13E1-9CAE-449F-8BC4-726B4D5B0CAC.gif
785A13E1-9CAE-449F-8BC4-726B4D5B0CAC.gif [ 614.94 KiB | Viewed 1861 times ]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:47 pm 

Considering grenades are specifically designed just to kill people, I would keep that one to myself. Do you really want to teach the internet how to make a grenade? Ya they might be able to find it without you, but why make it easier.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:24 pm 

liduno wrote:
Considering grenades are specifically designed just to kill people, I would keep that one to myself. Do you really want to teach the internet how to make a grenade? Ya they might be able to find it without you, but why make it easier.

Yeah that's kind of what I was sort of thinking.
Don't know if I could handle knowing some clown killed people using one of my inventions.
It's actually very simple. A high school kid with good grades in shop class could build it.
The fuse is mechanical.
So I guess the shoulder launched RPG is out of the question ?? No I'm not joking.
I'm German -- when I was a kid I wasn't even allowed to have a knife, never mind a gun. So consequently I'm now armed to the teeth with guns and knowledge.
In WW2 three 12 yr old girls were buried alive when a bomb hit their house in Germany. Those three girls were my Mom and her two sisters. Neighbors dug them out. All survived. My dad was in the Hitler youth. So German kids have a different up bringing than others I think. Not sure. The problem is that when we get older we want things we weren't allowed to have when we were kids.
CurtisR401 has a better point though.
CO

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:55 pm 

My first thought was ''one mistake and you're dead'' but I thought you might take that as an insult..lol

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:39 pm 

liduno wrote:
My first thought was ''one mistake and you're dead'' but I thought you might take that as an insult..lol

I'll be dead so it won't matter :-) .
I like to have fun and you wouldn't believe some of the trash talk at the lunch table at the various jobs I've had in my life. Obviously this only happens at jobs where we have worked together for many years. The talk is always sexual, homophobic and racist. We were from all nationalities and races. Canada is very multicultural. It's only recent that people have become stupid and think the trash talk is real. In the millwright shops if we're not picking on you or someone isn't taking a shot at you, then that's bad because it means we don't like you. You always want to be under attack in a millwright shop if you have worked there for years. I hate working with women --- there's always a problem.
CO

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:37 pm 

canadian oddy wrote:
liduno wrote:

I'll be dead so it won't matter :-) .
I like to have fun and you wouldn't believe some of the trash talk at the lunch table at the various jobs I've had in my life. Obviously this only happens at jobs where we have worked together for many years. The talk is always sexual, homophobic and racist. We were from all nationalities and races. Canada is very multicultural. It's only recent that people have become stupid and think the trash talk is real. In the millwright shops if we're not picking on you or someone isn't taking a shot at you, then that's bad because it means we don't like you. You always want to be under attack in a millwright shop if you have worked there for years. I hate working with women --- there's always a problem.
CO
It takes a special kind of women to work with a bunch of mechanics. I knew a female mechanic who's nick name was tits..lol She of course had her own names for all the guys, one of them she liked to call dick. His name was Joe..lol

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:24 pm 

liduno wrote:
It takes a special kind of women to work with a bunch of mechanics. I knew a female mechanic who's nick name was tits..lol She of course had her own names for all the guys, one of them she liked to call dick. His name was Joe..lol

Baahahahahhahahahaha LOL.
Those are the best kind of jobs.
When ever I go to a job the first thing I do is access the crew and the boss.
I usually give it at least a month before I decide if I'm gona quit or stay.
CO

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:26 pm 

Here that will win you a trip to HR.
I still can not figure out the system. What one can get away with will send another home or looking for a new job. I read the manuals and still confused. First manual ever that what it is said is not so true or true when it suites them. Them being the company and those who fill a greavence with HR after doing what they acuse others of. Maybe I need to go to Canada and give it a shoot.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:51 pm 

adnoh wrote:
Here that will win you a trip to HR.
I still can not figure out the system. What one can get away with will send another home or looking for a new job. I read the manuals and still confused. First manual ever that what it is said is not so true or true when it suites them. Them being the company and those who fill a greavence with HR after doing what they acuse others of. Maybe I need to go to Canada and give it a shoot.

F me bud you don't want to come here. We got the same issues.
That's why I feel out a job before I stay.
Years ago I phoned in sick. Secretary said I have to talk to the boss. I said I don't want to play phone tag so take the message. Then I hung up. I NEVER miss time - ever, so when I phone in sick you know it's real. Anyways I return to work several days later. Company wanted to fire me because apparently I called the secretary all kinds of filthy names :shock: . Apparently she was upset because I just hung up on her so she made up a bunch of lies. If it wasn't for the union I would have been gone :shock: .
CO

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:04 pm 

Ok, I'll stay here. Sounds about the same.
I like" leave a message" and then they say you should have talked to me.
One of the best on I have seen is where a worker had a sticker on there hard hat. Said I'm a bit_ _, so a worker barked at them like a dog. Yep was a no show the next day due to an HR complaint. There was a no cat call or anything along those lines in the work site manual for code of conduct.
Seemed crazy to me. There was also a hard hat inspection to which this was a violation no to mention the profanity clause.
We could go on forever on this type of insanity. I guess we should not have laughed when he barked like a dog. Good thing I just snickered and walked away. They wanted me to support the claim and I said no way in HE double hockey sticks.

That reminds me I need to charge my work body cam.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:39 pm 

adnoh wrote:
Ok, I'll stay here. Sounds about the same.
I like" leave a message" and then they say you should have talked to me.
One of the best on I have seen is where a worker had a sticker on there hard hat. Said I'm a bit_ _, so a worker barked at them like a dog. Yep was a no show the next day due to an HR complaint. There was a no cat call or anything along those lines in the work site manual for code of conduct.
Seemed crazy to me. There was also a hard hat inspection to which this was a violation no to mention the profanity clause.
We could go on forever on this type of insanity. I guess we should not have laughed when he barked like a dog. Good thing I just snickered and walked away. They wanted me to support the claim and I said no way in HE double hockey sticks.

That reminds me I need to charge my work body cam.

Baahahahha
Sounds to me like you shouldn't be working there anymore.
I pass on stupid jobs like that. Their not the only game in town.
It's almost always a place where there are a lot of women working on site or it's a high security place and therefore very military.
CO

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:34 am 

I'm working on it. Fuse almost done but it don't seem to have enough "hit" to set off.Haven't tried it yet though. I think I need a stronger spring but then that entails more work on the body. Work in progress. If it's successful I'll post a vid minus any real details.
CO

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:22 pm 

Be careful CO.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:45 pm 

adnoh wrote:
Be careful CO.

The delay mechanism works so I'm happy about that. Unfortunately the firing pin didn't strike the primer hard enough so it didn't go off. Hummmmm.

I'm not going to build a fragmentation grenade. Just going to build a confetti grenade.
This project just evolved. My original plan was just to see if I could build a delay fuse.
Not really interested in building a box full of grenades to take out in the bush and throw around. It's also a lot safer too :-) . I'm using primers as a poofkaboom but it's not much farther to build the real thing. If you have a delay fuse that's pretty much the heart of a grenade.
CO

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:42 am 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXcxQW7 ... e=youtu.be

CO

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:30 am 

So if I was keeping count correctly, you would have died 3 times? lol

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:36 pm 

liduno wrote:
So if I was keeping count correctly, you would have died 3 times? lol

LMFAO
Now that's funny.
Since I still have my arms, I'll be working on that fuse in a couple of hours from now and post a vid later.
CO

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:29 pm 

So, what power level of shot you using?
Go big or go home.
Maybe consider a stand off pin puller from behind a scatter curtain. Can't fly the bird if you don't have the finger.
Keep the video coming just love it

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:21 pm 

adnoh wrote:
So, what power level of shot you using?
Go big or go home.

Purple :-) .
CO

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:29 pm 

You know turbo texas by chance.
Just finished watching baja 500.
Man I'm pmpped to ride.
Going to do some more shock stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:52 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YncpZDp ... e=youtu.be

2 second delay.
CO

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:15 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHUk4ca ... e=youtu.be

This is a 4 second delay.
Obviously we can adjust the delay.
The key to remember here is that the components will wear out so basically you should only use this delay fuse a couple of times max. But then again if you were building the real thing you would only use it once :-) .
I now consider this project complete.
CO

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:24 pm 

Bravo bravo
What a cool thing to play with.
Good thing your on our side. Pilot ody that is.
Better than what I played with as a kid. I used a paint can,spit and _ _ _ _ _ D_. Dad did a little demolition work in the war. A man of many talents. During the bay of pigs he rigged up nucular war head in the bomb bay of B 52. Maybe rigged is not the word for it. Good thing you did not your acetylene tank near by. Hint hint
That is all we had as a kid for 4th of july.
Needless to say Dad rocked the block. When the cops showed up he showed them something from he pocket and they all left and never came back. Wish I had one of those.
Ahhhhhhh child hood memmorys.

Sorry for the bla bla bla.

Nice work it brought many good child hood memory I had with my dad.

Maybe. I'll start a good times with dad in the general bs section