Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: PilotOdyssey.com Outage
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:46 am 

I would like to apologize for PilotOdyssey.com being down as much as I like to blame it on the Biden Administration since it happen the same day of inauguration, but I can't the site went down due to my own incompetence I had the site setup to auto pay but forgot to update my credit card info when I was issued a new card I usually pay for 3 years at a time not monthly (its cheaper) so it only tries to draw off my card once ever 3 years.

Trying to plan for the future and setup a rock solid never fail auto pay system to ensure the site stays online forever.

If anybody has any ideas now is the time to share..

My knee jerk reaction not knowing anything was to setup a Paypal account PilotOdyssey.com users can donate to then the I can link the Paypal account to the hosting service and let it draw off that when needed and not my credit card.

Need to make the PilotOdyssey.com Paypal balance visible by members so they know when donations are needed.

Site cost is minimal I complained to my host for taking PilotOdyssey.com offline they know I am good for the money and a long-time customer that uses minimum system resources on there servers so they gave me a $50 discount for 3 years it cost me $200, reasonable enough 3 years, it will be about $250 in 3 years, I am sure we can scratch up 250 bux between now and then... Money is not the issue staying online IS!

I need more user involvement on the management side to ensure PilotOdyssey.com exist long after I am gone or other users move on, we need a detailed plan for PilotOdyssey.com user input required .

After witnessing the stifling of FREE SPEECH and the loss of Americas FIRST AMENDMENT in the past 5 years I want to grow PilotOdyssey.com into more than Pilots and Odysseys by the use of sub domains and setting up areas where PilotOdyssey.com members can use to host there own content if needed.

I think you call can agree I am a free speech type person, how many times you seen me censor or delete, I keep my word and phrase censoring PUBLIC an example is using m o t o r (Internal Combustion Motor) instead of Engine I setup a autocorrect I have a few auto corrects for BADWORD's too I just remove the ban word and leave the rest of the users words alone 99% of humans with a membership here can figure out the BADWORD without seeing it.. I have deleted PilotOdyssey.com users post in the past under extreme circumstances and allowed the users to discuss, I was NOT the last word.

Time for work will edit this or add to it at a later date PLEASE give feedback suggestions I need help with this project, the time is now to preserve and protect the future of PilotOdyssey.com I have put this off too long.

Long live PilotOdyssey.com!

Thanks to all members.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:11 am 

I have not donated in a while and am due. Let us know with the info on how to donate.

I appreciate the site and all the hard work you have put into it.

Thanks again

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:04 pm 

I think the PO PayPal is the way to go. Visible balance is probably a good idea? Keep us posted, I think a lot of use want to pay our dues.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:37 pm 

I'm in.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:00 pm 

I will donate and I will help out.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:36 pm 

No need to apologize ... I’m in for donating.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:53 pm 

I would like to contribute as well.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:27 pm 

in too

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:53 pm 

Republicans: Give
Democrats: Take

I would gladly give!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:49 am 

I already have had a PayPal account since January 2018 I am just PayPal stupid and have only used it a few times if someone knows what I need to do to make my account accept donations please school me.

I have a balance of $64.06 already I forget where it came from...

NOTE when talking about $ money any comments I make will be in US Dollars our friends outside the USA will have to do the conversions to US Dollars

Thanks

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:35 pm 

if you just provide the account address people can send money.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:58 pm 

Yeah it doesn't need to be fancy, just provide the email associated with the account, and we can all send money.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:50 pm 

The Email is pilot400@mchsi.com

Explain how you send money to the email?

Thanks.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:41 pm 

When you pay someone on paypal, you simply provide a 'recipient email' where the funds will be sent. Once we put your email in, the money will just show up on your PayPal account.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:25 pm 

hoser wrote:
The Email is pilot400@mchsi.com

Explain how you send money to the email?

Thanks.

Just sent some, let me know if you got it and just like that :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:24 pm 

Sent. Did you get it?

Profile E-mail