Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 89 pilot cover photo.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:15 pm 

I have been trolling Facebook. I am not a fan of Facebook. I keep telling myself I will get use to it. I’m not. Sure wish this site had more activity.

I did see this picture posted on Facebook and have never seen a warning decal on the side panels. Perhaps this is a pre production model, or maybe some of the first pilots were this way. Just a observation. Any one every seen a pilot like this?

Attachments:
CF5328DE-A45D-41CA-B157-93FB53CC12FE.jpeg
CF5328DE-A45D-41CA-B157-93FB53CC12FE.jpeg [ 65.32 KiB | Viewed 2305 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:46 pm 

rmesser wrote:
Sure wish this site had more activity.

I agree.
For a long time is seemed like I was the only one posting.
I tried to post something everyday and I'm sure everyone was tired of my bullshyte.
This fall I will try to post something interesting again (waiting for parts) but that's a ways off yet.

As for that photo, I see something else weird.
Right behind the left front headlight but below the reflector is a black something.
Wonder what that is ?
Bad photoshop picture ?
CO

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:59 am 

I also miss all the activity here. Used to be lots of help on this board. Reminds me of an ATV club we used to belong to. When the guy who started it all stepped down the entire club folded in a year.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:25 am 

Not a Honda decal. It's the orv permit.
I had that mag. Ahhh those were the days.
There was some items on the pre production models that never made it to the public.

Now this would a great trivia question.
This will take us all the way back to the dealer show for that year.

I could be wrong though. Ummm
Have a good 4th everyone.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:28 am 

Now CO maybe said photo shop. For sure at least one item is missing.
All 89 owners should be able to spot that one.
I spy with my little eye.
I gave you a hint. 89

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:41 am 

Another pic

Attachments:
Screenshot_20210704-103707~2.png
Screenshot_20210704-103707~2.png [ 347.08 KiB | Viewed 2259 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:11 pm 

I spoke to the guy(shadow) who has the magazine and he says that's the 3 and 4 wheeling sticker. If you blow the picture up large enough it appears the area behind the mirror and in front of his gloves would be his blue jeans.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:47 pm 

adnoh wrote:
Now CO maybe said photo shop. For sure at least one item is missing.
All 89 owners should be able to spot that one.
I spy with my little eye.
I gave you a hint. 89

i have both and I can't tell what's missing? Only difference I can tell between them is the exhaust and the lines going to gas cap.
Doesn't look like he is wearing wrist restraints

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:53 am 

So the sticker mystery is solved.
For the eye spy. The 89 came with a pop it flag. You can see the base of the flag on the machine. The pole and flag are missing.
In 90 it was a whole different type.

There was a post years back on diff between the two 89 and 90. Maybe some one can dig it up.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:55 am 

Now as far as stickers go look at the rear of the pic I posted. That is right where the mounts for the the rear accessory bumper goes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:43 pm 

rmesser wrote:
I have been trolling Facebook. I am not a fan of Facebook. I keep telling myself I will get use to it. I’m not. Sure wish this site had more activity.

I did see this picture posted on Facebook and have never seen a warning decal on the side panels. Perhaps this is a pre production model, or maybe some of the first pilots were this way. Just a observation. Any one every seen a pilot like this?

Yeah Facebook is where it's at nowadays,like it or not{which I don't}You might get the answer you want,but youre also gonna get some smart asses,people that don't know what theyre talking about,people who don't read all the replies and just give you the same answer someone else gave or are asking questions that have already been covered.
I have Polaris Ace now,that forum is dead,you may never get an answer,got to go to Facebook to get one.I recently bought a big red 3 wheeler,Facebook is go to page for that also,I don't know how active people still are on 3wheeler world page

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:47 pm 

redskinman wrote:
rmesser wrote:

Yeah Facebook is where it's at nowadays,like it or not{which I don't}You might get the answer you want,but youre also gonna get some smart asses,people that don't know what theyre talking about,people who don't read all the replies and just give you the same answer someone else gave or are asking questions that have already been covered.
I have Polaris Ace now,that forum is dead,you may never get an answer,got to go to Facebook to get one.I recently bought a big red 3 wheeler,Facebook is go to page for that also,I don't know how active people still are on 3wheeler world page

How do you like the Ace compared to the Pilot? I'm personally getting tired of paying ridiculous prices these days for any part I need

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:16 pm 

Personally I don't like ANY of the machines currently being offered by any manufacturer.
1) The prices are ridiculous. You can get a full size 4x4 for that money.
2) You can get a vehicle like the suzuki samari (old school) that you can insure for the road. It has heat and probably AC. It's got the same foot print as the new atv's.
3) The new atv's are HUGE in my opinion and all appear to be top heavy.
4) They look dangerous to me because of the large span between roll bars and the bars themselves seem to be flimsy for what they would have to do. NO real triangulation.
5) Fun factor of a single seat machine beats all.
6) You won't be liable for any passengers if there is a huge crash.
Just my opinion.
CO

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:11 pm 

Duneit wrote:
redskinman wrote:
rmesser wrote:

How do you like the Ace compared to the Pilot? I'm personally getting tired of paying ridiculous prices these days for any part I need

I love the Ace BUT the one I have is a 1 year model only{2016 900 sp} only 48" wide stock,very easy to rollover,too much power for that wheelbase.I miss not really worrying about that with Pilot.But it rains here way too much,all the atv parks are muddy,got tired of not being able to ride Pilot,so Ace fixes that,and it's pretty quick.The next year model {900xp}are wider with better suspension.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:07 pm 

Don't forget about the Polaris RS1 single seater that replaced the Ace. I came close to purchasing one but opted for the Honda Talon so I could take a passenger.

And still drive a Honda of course!

The new side by sides are large, but the Talon X isn't an oversized beast. Plenty of power, will do 75 mph and is pretty nimble. Love mine and just took it out for a 40 mile trip yesterday. Can't wait to see how it will perform in the dunes!

Rand

Attachments:
Talon 1.jpeg
Talon 1.jpeg [ 89.31 KiB | Viewed 2183 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:15 pm 

Randman wrote:
Don't forget about the Polaris RS1 single seater that replaced the Ace. I came close to purchasing one but opted for the Honda Talon so I could take a passenger.

The new side by sides are large, but the Talon X isn't an oversized beast. Plenty of power, will do 75 mph and is pretty nimble. Love mine and just took it out for a 40 mile trip yesterday. Can't wait to see how it will perform in the dunes!

Rand

Lol no I didn’t forget about the RS1,that thing is a beast and dwarfs my Ace.
Yeah the Talons are nice But unfortunately out of my price range :shock: :(

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:29 am 

redskinman wrote:
Randman wrote:

Rand

Rand knows me well and knows my riding area is the Oregon Dunes. There are narrow trails we like to ride and being much over 50" makes it difficult. The RS1 is as wide as a RZR so won't work for us. I love my Pilots, but for some reason, all of a sudden prices have shot through the roof on these things and when they break it's difficult to find parts and someone knowledgeable to work on them. That's why I'm leaning toward buying the Ace's

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:30 am 

Randman wrote:

Rand

That's a good looking machine! When I want to go fast and fly through the dunes I just hang out with friends like you!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:39 am 

Duneit wrote:
That's a good looking machine! When I want to go fast and fly through the dunes I just hang out with friends like you!!!

Are you talking about Rand or the Talon ?? :-)
CO

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:12 am 

Duneit wrote:
redskinman wrote:
Randman wrote:

Rand

Rand knows me well and knows my riding area is the Oregon Dunes. There are narrow trails we like to ride and being much over 50" makes it difficult. The RS1 is as wide as a RZR so won't work for us. I love my Pilots, but for some reason, all of a sudden prices have shot through the roof on these things and when they break it's difficult to find parts and someone knowledgeable to work on them. That's why I'm leaning toward buying the Ace's

Well the price of the Ace’s have went up also just like everything else :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:06 pm 

Duneit wrote:
Randman wrote:

Rand

I actually looked for a RZR trail but couldn't find anything! I got lucky, my Talon was still in the box when I found it!

As I remember some of those trails through the bushes were pretty tight!

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:14 pm 

Duneit wrote:
I also miss all the activity here. Used to be lots of help on this board. Reminds me of an ATV club we used to belong to. When the guy who started it all stepped down the entire club folded in a year.

I am NOT what makes this site, I created the site, but this sites users is what makes this site!

Unhappy about this sites traffic team up with the core people of this group and organize. How many here has spent time on other sites promoting these forums, I have heard over the years there is some Pilot Odyssey activity on Facebook, I have no Farcebook account so can not verify, users can lure more activity to PilotOdyssey.com by promoting, remind them this is NOT some money making scam like most sites, I do not charge fees, track and sell your activity, heck we really do not need moderators here, this day and age that is something you should brag about.

Not to go on a rant so I will keep it short and to the point, I have no app for your portable devices so I can SPY ON YOU then sell the data my app would collect for profit, when you install a app YOU AGREE to allow access to your devices Camera, Microphone, Internet Connection, Bluetooth etc. bla bla bla so THEY HARVEST your information and sell it.

So when your on Farcebook searching, reading about Pilots and Odysseys Suckerburg is harvesting your data and Selling.

PilotOdyssey.com will be what you make it :-)

I wish I had more time to promote and play, if there is something I can change here on the Forums to expand or improve things that might generate more traffic please let me know, as each year passes there will be less Pilot and Odyssey owners, I did not really go after the UTV market even after buying my RZR since their was a flood of others, wish I did expand into the UTV's now, I rather take a beating than go to the UTV sites.

PilotOdyssey.com does not have to be constrained to just Pilots and Odysseys. we can expand, morph into anything users have an interest in.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:36 pm 

Looking a FB, I see this, picture below. I’m pretty sure this is from pilotodyssey.com. Crazy that th info needs is here, but people are funneled through FB like cattle. I just don’t get it.

I’m not knocking anyone person, glad the guy got the info he needed, but is the world just a bunch of FB zombies?

Attachments:
5F0CDFB3-C3C3-4F62-B7CC-769A6FEEC1DD.png
5F0CDFB3-C3C3-4F62-B7CC-769A6FEEC1DD.png [ 211.1 KiB | Viewed 2110 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:38 pm 

I see this site was mentioned again on FB.

FB may keep pilot odyssey alive. :shock:

Attachments:
4628224B-CAD2-440E-AF8A-6D2A8DEE6310.png
4628224B-CAD2-440E-AF8A-6D2A8DEE6310.png [ 192 KiB | Viewed 2060 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:39 pm 

rmesser wrote:
Looking a FB, I see this, picture below. I’m pretty sure this is from pilotodyssey.com. Crazy that th info needs is here, but people are funneled through FB like cattle. I just don’t get it.

I’m not knocking anyone person, glad the guy got the info he needed, but is the world just a bunch of FB zombies?

Yes the world is just a bunch of Facebook zombies,or more specifically social media zombies.It is my contention that social media is to blame for dividing the country about politics and just about everything else.Sometimes I wish internet would have never been invented but damn the wealth of info that you have at your fingertips is hard to let go of but is it worth it?