Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: longtime no see
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:46 am 

Hello everyone longtime no see

Life has been crazy busy sorry for the long hiatus, work, family, grand kids, and more work it's been nuts. I hope you all have been well and able to avoid the covid. SO looking forward to reconnecting with the Pilotodyssey.com community.

Have to admit being busy with life I kinda lost interest in Pilots and Odysseys after getting my 2010 Polaris RZR-S and loving its ability to allow me to take 100 + mile rides in the deserts of the South West USA, it's been a dream come true.

I am so sorry didn't have enough time to devote to Pilotodyssey.com like the early day's, I still have Pilot's they just don't get used very often.

I am so proud to see the core members of this site carry on keeping Pilotodyssey.com alive for the new members and on lookers. The wealth of knowledge and generosity here has always amazed me can't wait to reconnect and to bond with new members.

Recently, actually starting in early 2018 unexpectedly my life has made some drastic changes and the results of health issues I will not bore you with here (long boring story) I have become disabled to the point my doctors will not allow me to return to work as a Sheet Metal Worker, kinda socks, it blows my long-time dreams of being the oldest active Sheet Metal Worker in the history of sheet metal, yeah I love it that much.

Now I have to change gears and figure something else out, I'm too young to become home bound. I have been kicking around starting a off-road travel channel, adventure site, forums, YouTube, blog, try to make use of my current resources (RV ATV's Trailer) and skill levels not even sure if I can make it profitable, I probably should have started this 20 years ago.

I have over 18k miles on the RZR tons of GPS log files (GPX KMZ) have countless hours of trail video's, thousands of photos, plenty of stories to tell etc.

Hard part will be organizing and putting it all together, as usual SUGGESTIONS are WELCOME like with building Pilotodyssey.com I always love user feedback heck I have no clue what I am doing, I am just a dumb construction worker trying to build and improve America's industry for future generations.

My philosophy has always been, since day one of Pilotodyssey.com is help me to help you, help me build the tools (this site) so myself and others can help other users fix, repair, modify, improve your Pilots and Odysseys + plus = and anything else you need help with as believe it or not putting this groups minds together we can achieve anything, need examples review the archives of this site. List our failures to achieve our goals.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: longtime no see
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:50 am 

Where to start, before I get too far I better give you a glimpse of my condition, the short story is during a pulmonary embolism apparently blood clots made it's way from my leg to my lungs and also made its way to my brain and caused damage and OR I had a few strokes (they see scaring in two locations in my brain) the end result is short term memory loss.

Ever go into another room and forget what you went there for, ever forget where you put something last week, forget to take out the garbage, sure we all have but have you forgot work instructions you were just given, ever have someone say "call me" and forget you even had the conversation including "call me " so never called them?

Yeah I am driving family and friends nuts it's not unusual for me to hear "we already discussed this " or "you already did that" it's driving me nuts too lol, oh well it's the new me. Hoser 2.0

For the most part most my memories before 2018 are intact, most, some since then are hit and miss, my abilities to diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair are still there, organizational skills we're damaged, my super multitasking skills severely damaged, comprehending new tech is bad, for example got a new GoPro 9 figuring out all the settings has been about impossible, settings I changed last time I used the camera created great videos for sunny days so I understood how to set it up, today it's cloudy and I have no idea what to change and where, it's like starting from scratch.

Started using a new GPS app on my phone struggled to remember how to use features now I have performed the most used procedures 50 times it's not a problem, so I figure after using the GoPro enough hopefully I will remember those settings.

I also bought a drone (DJI Mini 2 with 3 batteries and a charger) for my last trip to get those awesome video clips from a higher than ground level perspective, struggled with those settings also, flying seems ok have never flown a drone before but this is when I realized my multitasking skills were damaged and possibly my situational awareness skills are damaged (walking while flying drone and tripping over a rock for example)

Sorry to bore you with this but felt it was necessary so you know the area's I am struggling with.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:54 am 

Not sure what I want to do for now I setup a new domain to separate PilotOdyssey.com from my travel site, not much to see https://k-research.net/KR/index.php

I named it K-Research to get the ball rolling I will/can change the address later on, theme of the site will be Where Where You simply because over the years after sharing details of my trips with friends, family co workers and seeing their excitement knowing they really wished they could have went I always say 'yeah where were you' as they watch videos and scan through images.

Like I said no real web page yet just forums

I need to create a YouTube channel for video's I will also setup Rumble and Odsee accounts for backups maybe even a Bitchute account, just need a video hosting site, I need to research building a YouTube site if anyone has suggestions please share.

Create a Facebook account, I really doubt it at this point, these past few years its clear to me Facebook is a Communist run organization, those who really know me know I kowtow to no one especially those who refuse to respect Americas 1st amendment rights to free speech, in the early days of Facebook I had an account right up to the point where they gave me a ultimatum tie it to a cell phone so we can track and spy on you 24/7 then sell all the data we collect about you or were locking your account. I left never looked back. I was the first and original "Rusty Shackelford" on Facebook yeah like on family guy...

Same thing with Twitter, I really liked Twitter right up until they deleted my account along with thousands of others, it was the same day date and time they deleted Trump's account, this sent a big message to me, they decided well in advance who lives and who dies.

Twitter plotted against my free speech, I assume they made the decision going by all the users I had "Blocked" over the years, that was the think I loved about Twitter my rights to free speech were granted by use of the Block feature, users come across someone who annoys them you simply block that user and never see anything they say or do forever, no need to run crying to a moderator, no need for confrontation, it is a brilliant setup, just block them as if they never existed, once blocked even if you searched for that username you never found it, clearly my block list did not align with Twitters agendas.

Tempted to go back to Twitter create another account only use it for "Where Were You" and to promote travel but at this point in today's world I its a hard pill to swallow.

So if you have any suggestions for other social media networks to draw attention to or to promote Where Were You please share.

Anyone experienced with video production editing, I have a ton of video that needs edited, NOTE I run Linux Mint its based on Ubuntu so only run Open Source video editors. FYI I haven't supported Microsoft OS since Windows 2000

Gotta figure out my story telling skills and how to narrate, wonder if Mike Row would want to help lol

I need to start planning future projects and trips, already thinking about a trip this spring or summer (before it gets too hot) to the Dakotas, Wyoming, Utah.

I will be taking my 84 year old mother with me in the RV we did this family trip when I was a kid, about 45 years ago, she's getting old wants to do it again etc. I do not picture her bouncing around in my RZR for a few thousand miles so need a plan B .

Plan B
I have to VW Bugs that have not been run in about 10 years, was thinking about dragging them out of the weeds and getting them both running again pick the best one and flat towing it behind the RV then just do most the sight seeing from the Bug, they are off-road capable but I am thinking primitive roads, dirt roads, gravel roads at the worse.

Anyone who has driven a VW Bug can tell you how fun they are, you find yourself laughing having a good time all the time, my brothers first car was a VW Bug, my sons first car was one of the VW Bugs I have.

While in the bug I will scope out the popular side by side trails for a future trip, I have a close friend who is a Harley Queer who trailers his Harley to Sturgis every year so was thinking I'll take the side by side at the same time he can spend a week with me on the trails after doing the biker homo thing before and returning home, NOTE he just purchased a 2022 4 seat Ranger 1000 I am trying to motivate him into taking more long distance trips now were both retired.

Growing up one of my neighbors was a 'Biker Dude' hard core, built all his own bikes from raw materials, had a shop in his backyard, made tons of cash supporting his biker habit by repairing, rebuilding modifying others bikes throughout the late 60's - early 90's, he could fix anything mechanical, he taught me a lot as a kid about engines and repairing them.

Neighbor Rick and his biker chic wife rode to Sturgis and back every year on a hard tail HD chopper, old school, slept in a tent, no saddle bags just a back pack.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:52 pm 

Sorry to hear about your health issues, but glad you survived. On a positive note, I'm glad you still have use of your hands and legs, a lot of stroke victims end up paralyzed on one side of their body.

I feel your pain with the memory and spacial awareness issues, and the lack of ability to multitask. Fractured my skull a few years back and share a lot of your same issues. Best wishes man.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:29 pm 

Happy to hear from you, it has been awhile. None of us are getting any younger. Glad to hear you are keepin on! Sounds like you have been courageous. Things like this give us a new outlook on life. Keep your loved ones close and enjoy every moment.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:00 pm 

liduno wrote:
Sorry to hear about your health issues, but glad you survived. On a positive note, I'm glad you still have use of your hands and legs, a lot of stroke victims end up paralyzed on one side of their body.

I feel your pain with the memory and spacial awareness issues, and the lack of ability to multitask. Fractured my skull a few years back and share a lot of your same issues. Best wishes man.

Oh its a strange new world, doing my best to adapt and overcome.

If you don't mind me asking how did you fracture your skull?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:08 pm 

rmesser wrote:
Happy to hear from you, it has been awhile. None of us are getting any younger. Glad to hear you are keepin on! Sounds like you have been courageous. Things like this give us a new outlook on life. Keep your loved ones close and enjoy every moment.

Good to hear from you, spent too much time at OSF Saint Francis in the past few years, gotta do a followup with my brain doctor in June, hope that is it for a while lol. They are doing a huge addition to OSF wish I could be on that job, hospitals are always fun.

I missed out on the Rivian plant in Bloomington and the Facebook project in Rockford being sick $ux.

Whats new in your world?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:16 pm 

hoser wrote:
liduno wrote:

Not really sure..lol I woke up with the ambulance guys loading me on a board. :shock:

I remember going to the bathroom around 6 am or so, I felt a little sick and kind of collapsed in the bathroom. I got myself up and tried to go back to bed, but never made it. From the evidence, it looks like I stumbled down the hallway knocking pictures off the wall, then fell face first on the concrete and tile floor.

Forgot how to do math for a few weeks, wasn't sure how to pronounce my better halfs name, even though we'd been together for more than 30 years at the time. I also had terrible vertigo, couldn't even walk without tipping over for a while.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:19 pm 

liduno wrote:
hoser wrote:
liduno wrote:

Not really sure..lol I woke up with the ambulance guys loading me on a board. :shock:

I remember going to the bathroom around 6 am or so, I felt a little sick and kind of collapsed in the bathroom. I got myself up and tried to go back to bed, but never made it. From the evidence, it looks like I stumbled down the hallway knocking pictures off the wall, then fell face first on the concrete and tile floor.

Forgot how to do math for a few weeks, wasn't sure how to pronounce my better halfs name, even though we'd been together for more than 30 years at the time. I also had terrible vertigo, couldn't even walk without tipping over for a while.

Did you rule out seizures ?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:26 am 

Holy Shit Kelly, sounds like you have been on a hell-of-a-ride...
Hope things straighten out for you as you find your new normal.

As always Stay positive and keep the rubber side down.

Dennis

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:16 am 

hoser wrote:
liduno wrote:
hoser wrote:
liduno wrote:

Did you rule out seizures ?

They took a CAT scan of my head and sent me home.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:40 pm 

I was wondering why you disappeared like you did,sorry to hear about your health issues.I don't have my Pilot anymore,I went the RZR route also,{well it's kind of a rzr<ACE 900SP}
Good luck on the editing,that's probably gonna be a long and laborious task.Good luck with the Youtube channel,I used to make a little money off mine but then they changed the rules,now you have to have 1000 subscribers.
Glad your back and hope your future projects are successful :-)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:51 pm 

hoser - I'm "new" to the forum and missed the hey day when it was probably most active. Its nice to see some people still around on forum. Everything is on twitter, facebook etc... I like the forums. Sorry to hear about your health issues, great to see you are going to keep doing what ever you can, never give up!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:33 pm 

Wow Hoser and Kelly what a story! Glad you're both doing better. Hoser, over 18,000 miles? That's awesome. I'm jealous you've been able to get that kind of seat time in. Very cool your mother is going with you on your next adventure too. I'll be looking forward to your new channel.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:34 am 

Good to see you posting my Friend, prayers for you and your family. You need anything do not hesitate to give me a holler, ANYTIME!!!
Thank you for all you do for our Pilot Odyssey world, YOU ARE THE MAN BUDDY!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:27 pm 

hey Hoser .. sending good thoughts and prayers your way !!!!!
what is your name ?? to include you in my prayer circle .

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 5:35 pm 

Good to see you back. I don’t check in as much any more. But stop by to see what’s new and if anyone is still using the site.
I have a YouTube page as well. So hard to get subscribers and you need 1000 and some many watch hours to make anything from it now.

Now is it a m0tor or an Engine lol

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 1:05 pm 

fully wrote:
Good to see you back. I don’t check in as much any more. But stop by to see what’s new and if anyone is still using the site.
I have a YouTube page as well. So hard to get subscribers and you need 1000 and some many watch hours to make anything from it now.

Yeah that 1000 subscribers thing sucks,I used to make some money on my channel,not much but at least it was something.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 9:46 pm 

redskinman wrote:
Yeah that 1000 subscribers thing sucks,I used to make some money on my channel,not much but at least it was something.

I made $100 and got paid just before they changed things.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:00 pm 

Hoser.. Good to see your posts and sorry about your struggles. Very Impressed by your riding miles in spite of all the issues, appointments, etc. that must fill your schedule.

I also ended up getting a rzr... I actually have 2; a 800s and a turbo 1000. I do try but still working too much to get anything other than a day or two here and there. I still have an ongoing project Drakart that I am repowering with a low mile Yamaha R1 Engine. And a side project of a 1980 VW Westfalia camper restoration/rebuild that's the closest to completion. Ohhh! AND a tour bus!... A 1996 Prevost XL40 that we have logged about 50,000 miles of family fun in so far since 2018.

I also found renewed interest on on/off road riding with my Suzuki DRZ 400 and also KTM 500 EXC. The attraction nowadays is the very low threshold to cross in order to get in some off road... just throw a leg over and drive to the trails when I can take an hour or two.

Best of luck with the new venture.. I will join and follow along as well. Will contribute the many good rides I have done.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:02 am 

Hoser, it’s good to see you back! I have similar issues with traumatic brain injuries from my days as a Rodeo Clown! I haven’t been logged on here in months! My latest “midlife crisis” has brought me back to doing my leatherwork again! www.DavidMillsSaddlery.com
Call any time you need to old friend!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:40 pm 

redskinman wrote:
fully wrote:

My intentions were too use youtube more as a spring board to jump start things get some branding going, host just enough videos to attract users, watching the Off-Road channels on YT I see a lot of gaps that I could fill both products and services. Most the traffic I see in the off-road area is mostly drive by viewership looking for a 15min quick fix or attracted to fake drama like home fix it shows offer. 20 minutes of drama over someone installing the wrong carpet etc.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:42 pm 

John l wrote:
Hoser.. Good to see your posts and sorry about your struggles. Very Impressed by your riding miles in spite of all the issues, appointments, etc. that must fill your schedule.

I also ended up getting a rzr... I actually have 2; a 800s and a turbo 1000. I do try but still working too much to get anything other than a day or two here and there. I still have an ongoing project Drakart that I am repowering with a low mile Yamaha R1 Engine. And a side project of a 1980 VW Westfalia camper restoration/rebuild that's the closest to completion. Ohhh! AND a tour bus!... A 1996 Prevost XL40 that we have logged about 50,000 miles of family fun in so far since 2018.

I also found renewed interest on on/off road riding with my Suzuki DRZ 400 and also KTM 500 EXC. The attraction nowadays is the very low threshold to cross in order to get in some off road... just throw a leg over and drive to the trails when I can take an hour or two.

Best of luck with the new venture.. I will join and follow along as well. Will contribute the many good rides I have done.

Holy cow you just listed a full time job!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:07 pm 

Hello Hoser and gang! I’ve been having a long spell of bad luck!
https://youtu.be/ynoUZvS9g1w?si=XkbqNQXD7v3amEhM
Happened Valentine’s Day! Just got it back and running in August! Stress levels really jacked up my sugar levels, so now I’m stuck at home until I get those in Check! Yeah Me!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:43 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:
Hello Hoser and gang! I’ve been having a long spell of bad luck!
https://youtu.be/ynoUZvS9g1w?si=XkbqNQXD7v3amEhM
Happened Valentine’s Day! Just got it back and running in August! Stress levels really jacked up my sugar levels, so now I’m stuck at home until I get those in Check! Yeah Me!

Good to see you post again.
I commented in your video.
There must be some ESP going on here because last night I was looking at the members list here and went through clicking on each name to see when they signed in last.
It was heart breaking.
Best of luck in the days ahead.
CO

Profile E-mail