Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How are you doing?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:21 pm 

Wanting to know how you guys are doin. Post a quick update if you like.

I’m doing well. Semi retired from my career job of 34 years and I got a part time gig as a laboratory courier for the local hospital, OSF, picking up specimens. Work 5 days then 5 days off. Have not rode the pilots in a while. Hope to soon.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: How are you doing?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:08 am 

I was just talking to another member on the phone yesterday about how much we miss this site. Hopefully forums will make a comeback.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:24 am 

Duneit wrote:
I was just talking to another member on the phone yesterday about how much we miss this site. Hopefully forums will make a comeback.
The internet put a real hurting on real life social interaction, a lot of communication is non verbal, you loose that on line. Forums were kind of an online social situation, then Facebook put a hurting on forums.

This may sound terrible, it’s not meant that way, but if you’ve ever interacted with a high functioning autistic person, that’s kinda like how a lot of people communicate in real life now.

They spend so much time online, they have no social skills in real life.

Sorry, off topic, I know..lol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:42 am 

Gday Rich,good to see your still kickin around mate!
I'm good now and hope everyone else is too?
But had a fight with my Bosch 240v angle grinder on Valentines Day and I lost.Bosch 1....Baz 0!
Was cutting thick 10mm steel with 1mm disc when a brain fart nearly cut my left hand off.Had no cover on it.
So took a while to stop the heavy bleeding,then finally managed to pull it tightish with a few bandaids and then an old bandage I finally found.
So a bit later on after putting the chooks away back in the pen,I trip going up the house back steps and my hands shoot out to stop a faceplant
So now I'm thinkin wtf...not again.So I decide to introduce a late body roll to reduce the impact on my left hand gash.
It kinda worked,but felt the gash ripped apart again.
So after the roll I'm rocking on my back like an ol aged mutant ninja Turtle and looking at the stars thinkin...This really happening? At that moment just couldn't believe how unlucky I was and that if I fell in a barrel of nipples I'd still come out just suckin my thumb! :-)
So back to stopping the bloodflow and rebandaging and got away with it again cause I'm all experienced now aren't I?
Anyway I could still wiggle my fingers so went to work next morning just using one hand mowing with rotary honda self propelled 21" mower.No roller mowing because 2 hands needed for turning and also left hand drive clutch.
Ps...I now have a cover on the grinder! :-)

Attachments:
20230214_174633.jpg
20230214_174633.jpg [ 35.99 KiB | Viewed 2832 times ]
20230214_174648.jpg
20230214_174648.jpg [ 33.22 KiB | Viewed 2832 times ]
20230214_174658.jpg
20230214_174658.jpg [ 39.17 KiB | Viewed 2832 times ]
20230214_175934.jpg
20230214_175934.jpg [ 62.17 KiB | Viewed 2832 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:03 pm 

Damn bugeye, I feel like we’re kind of connected, mine was a chainsaw. lol

Mine needed some surgery though, I cut all kinds of tendons.

Attachments:
5324BC67-3A46-4A2B-B269-FDD87ABBD1AB.jpeg
5324BC67-3A46-4A2B-B269-FDD87ABBD1AB.jpeg [ 46.1 KiB | Viewed 2813 times ]
69CB1BFB-FCAA-4004-B489-526D497319F1.jpeg
69CB1BFB-FCAA-4004-B489-526D497319F1.jpeg [ 37.27 KiB | Viewed 2813 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 4:12 am 

Yes connected all right...and left hands too.
Blood bros for life! :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:13 am 

People kept telling me I’m lucky I’m right handed, I didn’t feel lucky..lol

I was very happy the day I could touch my thumb to my finger tips though.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:48 am 

Y’all hard asses. Geez.

I am good. Still have buggies but no Pilot/Ody.. I have a paddled Turbo Rzr 1000, a 800 Rzr, a Drakart with an unfinished installation of an R1 Engine that I swear I will be completing by summer end, and a few bikes. Weather here in PA is looking good for a ride. Planning to also hit Little Sahara very soon and, although my least fav, Silver Lake.

I big time got into the restoration of a VW camper van and we have been enjoying that as a family.

Attachments:
C56409E9-AE54-4B35-BF5F-83F5ABF112F4.jpeg
C56409E9-AE54-4B35-BF5F-83F5ABF112F4.jpeg [ 109.71 KiB | Viewed 2628 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:25 am 

One of the best times in my life was 6 months on the road in an old Chevy conversion van. Would have loved to have a pop top like the VW.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:40 pm 

Right on. My first was an old wrecked combi (wrecked or else i would have never had it), I straightened it up enough to use and thoroughly enjoyed it.

This one has been a real labor of love but we have all really enjoyed it. It’s been a guest room, a man cave, a dining room after we get off work. Whether a state park or the driveway.. it’s still fun.

Attachments:
C7CB4CBD-603B-4CDA-A864-C363290130DA.jpeg
C7CB4CBD-603B-4CDA-A864-C363290130DA.jpeg [ 65.01 KiB | Viewed 2540 times ]
C9FC5910-3721-43E4-A36C-A414ACFD855D.jpeg
C9FC5910-3721-43E4-A36C-A414ACFD855D.jpeg [ 75.5 KiB | Viewed 2540 times ]
579811E2-BEB3-4A1A-B6D7-28F50DB620DD.jpeg
579811E2-BEB3-4A1A-B6D7-28F50DB620DD.jpeg [ 75.88 KiB | Viewed 2540 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:41 am 

Nice.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:13 pm 

Hey guys! Hope all is well with everyone, blood and gore aside.

I have been doing good but not much buggy time the last year with work, home renovations, and family time. I hope to be finishing up some of my projects soon and will update my threads.

Cheers, Curtis

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:00 am 

rmesser wrote:
Wanting to know how you guys are doin. Post a quick update if you like.

I’m doing well. Semi retired from my career job of 34 years and I got a part time gig as a laboratory courier for the local hospital, OSF, picking up specimens. Work 5 days then 5 days off. Have not rode the pilots in a while. Hope to soon.

LOL you make trips to Ottawa too, if so how many times a week?

Semi retarded here myself but really TRYING to retire here, NOT by choice, long story, what a process!

FYI I have been a frequent flyer at OSF since 2018, I think I have funded at least one floor of the new addition in Peoria
You hearing anything about OSF buying the hospitals in Lasalle Peru ?

Safe travels keep my blood safe :shock:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:25 am 

liduno wrote:
Duneit wrote:
The internet put a real hurting on real life social interaction, a lot of communication is non verbal, you loose that on line. Forums were kind of an online social situation, then Facebook put a hurting on forums.

This may sound terrible, it’s not meant that way, but if you’ve ever interacted with a high functioning autistic person, that’s kinda like how a lot of people communicate in real life now.

They spend so much time online, they have no social skills in real life.

Sorry, off topic, I know..lol

While were off topic, start a movement on Fakebook and bring the traffic back here where it is somewhat organized. I am sure there is a way to mirror the FB info here just beyond my my skill level, would need direction from a web guru.

Anybody watch the fall out when Elon Musk purchased Twitter, did you read the "Twitter Files" how Twitter had government workers working for Twitter, US government had a backdoor portal and was doing the Commie censoring and banning of users?

Zucker is a known Communist don't think FB is doing the same thing. When FB first started I created an account then a few months later I was told I had to install the FB app on my phone or my account would be locked, I read the user agreement they wanted FULL ACCESS to my camera, mic, speaker, vibration sensor, location sensor, everything anytime my phone was powered on NOT just when I was using the FB app! I declined the FB viruses, spyware, malware never went back. FYI the only difference between viruses, spyware, malware and NOT is when you click "I agree" your agreeing to let them track, listen, upload your videos and pictures from your phone to there servers, record your mic, turn your camera on and off at will pretty much they OWN your phone.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:30 am 

bugeye59 wrote:
Gday Rich,good to see your still kickin around mate!
I'm good now and hope everyone else is too?
But had a fight with my Bosch 240v angle grinder on Valentines Day and I lost.Bosch 1....Baz 0!
Was cutting thick 10mm steel with 1mm disc when a brain fart nearly cut my left hand off.Had no cover on it.
So took a while to stop the heavy bleeding,then finally managed to pull it tightish with a few bandaids and then an old bandage I finally found.
So a bit later on after putting the chooks away back in the pen,I trip going up the house back steps and my hands shoot out to stop a faceplant
So now I'm thinkin wtf...not again.So I decide to introduce a late body roll to reduce the impact on my left hand gash.
It kinda worked,but felt the gash ripped apart again.
So after the roll I'm rocking on my back like an ol aged mutant ninja Turtle and looking at the stars thinkin...This really happening? At that moment just couldn't believe how unlucky I was and that if I fell in a barrel of nipples I'd still come out just suckin my thumb! :-)
So back to stopping the bloodflow and rebandaging and got away with it again cause I'm all experienced now aren't I?
Anyway I could still wiggle my fingers so went to work next morning just using one hand mowing with rotary honda self propelled 21" mower.No roller mowing because 2 hands needed for turning and also left hand drive clutch.
Ps...I now have a cover on the grinder! :-)

OUCH! Those Line Of Fire accidents hurt, been there done that. Now I wear leather gloves when grinding. Now you know how the steel felt :-)

Be safe!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:39 am 

liduno wrote:

I no longer run chain saws, 2 years ago I was cutting down some trees and during the cutting them up into firewood lengths the saw made contact with my leg by the ankle and I was lucky all it did was cut the pants never touched my leg.

I stopped turned off the saw, tried to figure out what happen how it happen, generally I am a safe worker our industry demands it. I could not determine what root cause was so I am done with chain saws, been running them since I was 15 never a issue, will let friends or my son do all the chainsaw work I will do all the grunt work and clean up lol I do know the saw didn't kick back and there was no outside interference, saw did not malfunction so I assume it was a situational awareness thing on my part.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:43 am 

John l wrote:
Right on. My first was an old wrecked combi (wrecked or else i would have never had it), I straightened it up enough to use and thoroughly enjoyed it.

This one has been a real labor of love but we have all really enjoyed it. It’s been a guest room, a man cave, a dining room after we get off work. Whether a state park or the driveway.. it’s still fun.

NICE! Keep that thing rust free! What Engine does it have?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:13 pm 

hoser wrote:
liduno wrote:

I no longer run chain saws, 2 years ago I was cutting down some trees and during the cutting them up into firewood lengths the saw made contact with my leg by the ankle and I was lucky all it did was cut the pants never touched my leg.

I stopped turned off the saw, tried to figure out what happen how it happen, generally I am a safe worker our industry demands it. I could not determine what root cause was so I am done with chain saws, been running them since I was 15 never a issue, will let friends or my son do all the chainsaw work I will do all the grunt work and clean up lol I do know the saw didn't kick back and there was no outside interference, saw did not malfunction so I assume it was a situational awareness thing on my part.
I haven’t had the need to use one since, but I don’t know if I want to either..lol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:04 am 

hoser wrote:
John l wrote:

This one has been a real labor of love but we have all really enjoyed it. It’s been a guest room, a man cave, a dining room after we get off work. Whether a state park or the driveway. it’s still fun.

NICE! Keep that thing rust free! What Engine does it have?

Thanks! It has no rust issues now, but it did have a little rust and a good bit of crash damage. A guy working for me was on a job talking about his sister complaining about this old van she wanted hauled to the scrap yard. There wasn't much there, and it made no financial sense, but I saved her from the crusher.

It's still an air cooled 2.0 fuel injected. I have done a bunch of work to it and it still acts up occasionally but has been dependable, will win NO races. I did recently park a Subaru Outback 2.5 as a Engine swap donor next to it and she's straightend up her tone immensely!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:07 am 

You bully..lol