Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Drakart Tiger
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:46 pm 

OK, here are the first photos of the new Drakart Tiger. It has a Suzuki GSXR 750 Engine. This is the first one produced. Ted and I are having a pair built that should be ready in about a month.

Attachments:
tiger4.jpg
tiger4.jpg [ 178.88 KiB | Viewed 1482 times ]
tiger3.jpg
tiger3.jpg [ 169.61 KiB | Viewed 1482 times ]
tiger2.jpg
tiger2.jpg [ 159.89 KiB | Viewed 1482 times ]
tiger1.jpg
tiger1.jpg [ 175.99 KiB | Viewed 1482 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:25 pm 

Sweet!

Can't wait to check it out. I think the GSXR 750 is like 150HP or something close to that.

Should be fun.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Tiger
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:38 pm 

Looks good Drakman!

I'm pretty pumped to hit the L.S. dune proving ground with you & Ted. I'm still in the resto-mode but should have things wrapped up enough to hit it by late Sept. Bumpers etc. will have to wait if their not done by then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:50 pm 

So is that your car or you getting #2?

Coil over shocks now?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:05 pm 

They are supposed to be done about the end of September, Alain wants me to come out there and try them out at Glamis before we bring them back, various shocks, etc., so, it looks like first LS ride will be in October. Ted is also due there in October, so it should all work out fine.

The rated horsepower is 143, just gotta relearn how to shift. I think the rear gears will have two more teeth than on a Hayabusa. The Busa's generally run mostly 2nd gear, barely using 1st to start up, 3rd is capable of such high speeds, they rarely go beyond that. We are thinking that the gearing in ours will generally allow 2nd gear starts, and then use up to and thru 4th or 5th.

The ''new twins" will be silver frames with black bodies, they will have nerf bars and mirrors on them, so they will look a little different than the one here. Alain wants to put ITP C series wheels on them, the only problem is that they are only available in 7" widths, but, they are available in 12 and 14 inch sizes. We found some really slick looking wheels that are available in wider widths, but Alain is not familiar with them and puts a lot of faith in ITP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:08 pm 

hoser wrote:
So is that your car or you getting #2?

Coil over shocks now?

We are gettin numbers four and five. I think numbers two and three are going to Canada, the one in the pictures is going to Connecticut, to a guy who already has other Draks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:13 pm 

I wonder who in CT. I've seen a guy in the next town over selling an older yellow drakart. Not sure of the model though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:30 pm 

King Kx wrote:
I wonder who in CT. I've seen a guy in the next town over selling an older yellow drakart. Not sure of the model though.

Their places in CT. to drive a Drakart?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:50 pm 

The guy buying the white Tiger also owns this two seater. He may also have some other stuff, but I don't know for sure. This is the type of wheel that Alain wants to put on ours.

Attachments:
connecticut2seater.jpg
connecticut2seater.jpg [ 139.27 KiB | Viewed 1430 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:25 am 

Looks nice Jerry. Maybe you should get the red black widow hour glass symbols for them.(or some KC Chiefs arrowheads) LOL :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:33 am 

Nuke Em wrote:
Looks nice Jerry. Maybe you should get the red black widow hour glass symbols for them.(or some KC Chiefs arrowheads) LOL :shock:

I figure that Ike has all the rights to the 'widowmaker' theme, he sure tried hard enough to earn it.

I didn't think that was the color scheme for KC, I was mostly concerned that someone would think there was some connection to the Raiders.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:41 am 

It looks just like all the other Drakarts--what's new?

Post subject: Widow maker
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:34 am 

Drakman wrote:
Nuke Em wrote:

I figure that Ike has all the rights to the 'widowmaker' theme, he sure tried hard enough to earn it.

I didn't think that was the color scheme for KC, I was mostly concerned that someone would think there was some connection to the Raiders.

You can use the Widow Maker theme if you like Jerry as I'm not using any name on the car as of yet other than what my fabricator-buddy has self named it "Trouble". He was having his fun one day. had this decal and put it on the front lip of the wing.

I'm considering some sort of a paint scheme but haven't put much thought into it yet.