Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: PA Pics
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:59 pm 

Here are a few shots from last weekends ride - some great action but a ride that I will always fondly remember as "flatfest"

Attachments:
HareSlide1.jpg
HareSlide1.jpg [ 259.67 KiB | Viewed 689 times ]
HareSlide2.jpg
HareSlide2.jpg [ 260.77 KiB | Viewed 689 times ]
HareSlide3.jpg
HareSlide3.jpg [ 250.87 KiB | Viewed 689 times ]
HareSlide4.jpg
HareSlide4.jpg [ 272.23 KiB | Viewed 689 times ]
HareSlide5.jpg
HareSlide5.jpg [ 261.38 KiB | Viewed 689 times ]
HareSlide6.jpg
HareSlide6.jpg [ 230.02 KiB | Viewed 689 times ]
Harepair2.jpg
Harepair2.jpg [ 268.21 KiB | Viewed 689 times ]
JoeyRoll1.jpg
JoeyRoll1.jpg [ 434.4 KiB | Viewed 689 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:43 am 

"that a bumper or are you just happy to see me?"

The bad wires in the same location Stoneman had wire problems on his Pilot?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:08 pm 

Before flatfest becomes a distant memory... Great time guys.

I did no work on my pilot since last ride, forgot half of what was wrong. After a quick cleaning then looking, it all comes back, wasted lower a arm, intermittent spark that seems to change when i wiggle the spark plug wire, I throw another coil on and it seems to fix it, swap out wheels, a few other odd and ends, fuel up load up, then i noticed the nut missing from the long bolt on the rear bearing carrier, lucky catch, a new to me nut and were done.

Early meet time of 8am at the parking spot went well. We missed Mikey, Mass, Travis this ride for variuos reasons, but P-Nut, Cafercr, NJ rider, and myself (Hare) all in Pilots, were ready for abuse.

It was painfully dry for weeks before this ride,looked like a dust fest right to the end but praise the lord He dumped buckets of rain all night long the night before the ride, this makes for the best conditions, no dust, great traction, and a general smoothing out everything, but save a few puddles, perfect.

Right from the get go we roll, basically a not stop bake fest from the truck to the main road crossing, a good hour of solid full on hammering of every turn, straight away, sweeper, uphill, downhill, you name it. full throttle doing 50 mph on a trail as wide as the tires is thrilling to say the least. Killer stuff, no girls or notes on the trail this day. At main turns in the trail everybody is right there, no need to stop and regroup, this no dust stuff rules. Everybody was heavy on it when we hit the Euc road for the high speed contest, i know i was scared, not sure if it was fear of pain or fear of toasting a motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )).

Get to the main road crossing and on the other side is a pretty nasty hill but nasty only because of large loose rocks scattered on the trail, most in the way.

I give it a shot but end up losing momentum and spin out sideways on the hill, since going forward stopped working and backing up where i was meant sure death, thanks to a little help from my friends we got it spun around pointed in the right direction. I contemplated attempting it again but dismiss it quickly and left for the easy way around. Unbeknownst to me P-Nut gives it a shot and makes it right up!!! We make our way around to the top of the hill (the little girls way) and meet P-Nut who went the man's way. He had slight tire and rim damage, well 3 to be exact, but nothing a few plugs and a BF Rock can't fix, P-Nut is the master rock beater, after the wacking, off we go.

Next stop is a quicky by some big trucks then cross the other road and get into the next section. Some more tight fast stuff then hit a bit of open before hitting the coal slag dust play pit, this is about the closest you will get to sand in these parts, it rides like sand but is heavy so it doesnt smooth out with the wind, 4 guys non stop powersliding 5 or 10 minutes didn't help none either. Don't really stop at the play pit either just keep rolling, next through a real wet section made fun cause you have to constantly S back and forth to avoid water, then S again with high banks on a steep downhill, gas it down the hill for the high banked turn at the bottom, glued to the seat.

Cut down the road for a 1/4 mile, cross a little creek and back into the black sand, the rains have screwed this area up a bit, we just cut thru since the hillclimbs and stuff are messed up from the storms they have earlier this year, this used to be one of our favorites, super steep blind hillclimbs on a few terraces.

Soon we end up split up we turn around and head back a little when my pilot just quits and dies. It has run good up until now, then nothing, go for spark plug first, swap out with new plug NJ rider had, no change. Start wiggling wires again, get close to the 3 way plug for the yellow wires and it starts, play around some more eventually trace it back to the yellow wire near wear it goes into the Engine itself, about 4" or 5" from the case the yellow wire looked like it had worn thru and only had a few strands left not allowing a good connection. respliced and taped up, thanks again Cafercr. Lucky for us the other two were only right around the corner plugging another (or the same ) tire and pumping it up. Pretty far out there, reserve light come on for some so we decide to hit one more play pit then start heading back to fuel up for round two. this is the best playland left although its getting beat up quick. Lots of good hills, can treat them like dunes come up to the edge and sweep the ass end around on the edge. Cafecr sets his pilot on its side, no damage done. NJ Rider starts down a hillclimb until he see a couple trees too close to fit. P- Nut does the same downhill and gets pinned by two trees then with sheer determination he violently shakes the tree until it broke, I was amazed. More fast open stuff, big wide sweeper back and forth on a nice gravely road, cross back over the road, we take the shortcut to the waterfalls some had dumped a bunch of remodeling trash right at the end of the trail, it had nails in boards and such so we got out and tossed it off to the side of the trail. Waterfalls flowing good, a couple of quad guys and a group of 6 or 8 youngins. On the road again, more flats, more pumping. Get to top of Wal mart hill and more P-Nut pumping, down the hill to the other side and now Cafercr blew a bead, More pumping, I get to end of trail and have a flat after loosing the plugs that were in my tire, more pumping, we are out of plugs i try a stick to fill the hole no luck, so we take the easy way back to the truck, flat tire isn't too bad at speed.

I swap my front wheels, P-Nut beats his wheels back into submission, we all re-plug, gas up and head to the 901 for sustenance, feeling weak and tried we decide to op for the short trip, instead of making it to the other waterfalls, this might of been a mistake. Water damage had done a number on the worse part of this trail, a real rocky uphil climb with huge boulders but with wheel swallowing holes scattered about. I sat there for a minute and couldn't see a line to save my life, but it was there. Linking the rocks together with a little momentum, hanging hard left I zipped right up it. Unbelievably everybody made it up mostly in one piece, more tire repair at top of hill, Cafecr's questionable rim had no questions anymore, it was done for, metal had been so beat and fatigued that there was no way to get the bead not to leak. From there a quick detour donw a wrong trail and then up to the old old railroad grade called the hole in the wall. Take too long to explain, but its cool. Cafecr wheel is some how holding air now so even though we are right near the truck we go for one more fast tight section. The Next hour is spent full on pro rally with everybody hammering the fastest pace of the day. Being in the lead I had trouble reacting to the trail in time resulting in a missed turn or two and powerslide that came all the way around. Thankfully the guys behind me were on their game and didn't slam into me or even miss a beat. A blast of a time, ok more rides, now damn it! I wanna ride I wanna ride I wanna ride.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:14 pm 

Sounds like a great ride, I'm thrilled to see the Asaszn Pilot out and running. Hare, was the shut off problem the same thing issue I had?

I sure do miss riding with you guys, I've got a few new folks to ride with but it ain't like the crew from the East coast.

I look forward to a trip back as soon as I can make it for a ride, I need a good challenging ride (folks out here ride Hawaii style - SLOW).

Asaszn

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:39 pm 

Nope, this yellow wire only lasted about 3 or 4 ride hours from first notice (stalled at low RMP) and when it finally stopped working, I had a bad cap on there so that could of contribute to the issue. I had the same issue with my other pilot, but that one was on the other side, left side, same deal yellow wire with a slight break or cut eventually shorting out completely.

The ignition switch was the culprit when i got it from you, guess it totally took a shit. I put a universal ignition switch i had laying around and it has worked well, I am going to order the matching ignition and gas cap set someday.

I must say I have been VERY impressed with the way the Asaszn Pilot runs. Its got a strong solid pull, runs crisp but still just a touch fat and flat out hauls ass. So who is the mechanic that built this Engine, I would love to know him or his machinist, I need a new local hook. If you want PM it to me.

Hows the weather in the middle of the Ocean? People ride slow here too, just not us. Your ride will be ready when you jet into LAX for your Glamis run.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:01 pm 

Quit talking about riding out west Hare, I keep getting that tingly feeling in my loins and then I have to sit quitly in a corner till I can calm down!

Weather is perfect out here (Actually I'm in Phoenix at the moment and it's 115 degrees and miserable.) In Hawaii it continues to be 80 degrees and perfect every day. We just bought a new house and it sits up against 600 acres of state land. 28 hours after the start of moving our stuff over I had cut a few hundred yards into the thick woods for trail riding. My wife was much less impressed with my ablity to cut trails than I was. Apparently she valued moving our stuff in.. Whatever.

I went on my first ATV ride a couple of weeks ago and got pics, I'll post them soon.

Asaszn

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:30 pm 

I would be interested in who the mechanic was because I am in Fleetwood, not far from where you used to live & I could use a little help in a while when I get to point of fine tuning.
Thanks
Shubey

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:34 pm 

Shuby,

FLEETWOOD?! You could walk to my Mechanic. His name is Josh Kurtz. He owns Kurwood Farms Repair Shop IN fleetwood. His number is 610-944-7660. He isn't the cheapest but he is REALLY good. I took all my toys to Josh to work on. He races Snowmobiles, street bikes, Dirtbikes, etc. He worked plenty of times on my Pilot and will remember it (he loved it). Tell him Josh Detweiler says hi.

Asaszn

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:36 pm 

Shuby,

FLEETWOOD?! You could walk to my Mechanic. His name is Josh Kurtz. He owns Kurwood Farms Repair Shop IN fleetwood. His number is 610-944-7660. He isn't the cheapest but he is REALLY good. I took all my toys to Josh to work on. He races Snowmobiles, street bikes, Dirtbikes, etc. He worked plenty of times on my Pilot and will remember it (he loved it). Tell him Josh Detweiler says hi.

Asaszn

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:56 pm 

Hey Asaszn,
Thanks for the info.I will talk to him when I get get to the fine tuning stage,It may be awhile but I will definately tell him you said hi.I would take good over cheap when ever I can.Let me know if your ever coming back to the old neighborhood,we could grab a beer somewhere.
Thanks again
Shubey

Profile E-mail