Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:20 pm 

I tried to PM you but it wouldn't let me attach the pics, no clue as to why.

He gets a couple trucks in each shipment that have AC but he's out right now. He claims he gets a shipment evey other week of about 20.

They look like they would be fun in the woods or trails.

Tom

http://www.grimports.com

http://atvtruck.com/

http://keitrucks.com/

Attachments:
DSCF1156.JPG
DSCF1156.JPG [ 118.13 KiB | Viewed 1212 times ]
DSCF1157.JPG
DSCF1157.JPG [ 120.36 KiB | Viewed 1212 times ]
DSCF1158.JPG
DSCF1158.JPG [ 113.47 KiB | Viewed 1212 times ]
DSCF1159.JPG
DSCF1159.JPG [ 120.2 KiB | Viewed 1212 times ]
DSCF1160.JPG
DSCF1160.JPG [ 116.81 KiB | Viewed 1212 times ]
DSCF1161.JPG
DSCF1161.JPG [ 119.21 KiB | Viewed 1212 times ]
DSCF1162.JPG
DSCF1162.JPG [ 118.58 KiB | Viewed 1212 times ]
DSCF1163.JPG
DSCF1163.JPG [ 118.27 KiB | Viewed 1212 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:22 pm 

One more.....

Attachments:
DSCF1164.JPG
DSCF1164.JPG [ 114.76 KiB | Viewed 1211 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:05 pm 

Any idea why they're not street legal?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:12 pm 

How much for this one I like the idea of 4 doors but might be better off with the one with a bed so I can throw the quad in the back as a backup ride home lol

They still look 1/2 the cost of a new Rhino.

Thanks for getting the pics we will have to make a road trip when I come to your place and spend some time looking them over, I assume we can test drive?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:24 pm 

Hoser, I don't remember, are you right or left handed?

The Tigers are also going to have the shifter on the left, we will see just how un-coordinated I really am!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:32 pm 

Drakman wrote:

The Tigers are also going to have the shifter on the left, we will see just how un-coordinated I really am!

Depends what I am doing if you want to paint a lable on me, I use both hands for about everything, I write mostly with my left hand so most call me left handed but I shoot and throw a ball with my right, hold my fork with my left, eat with both lol, actually I can do everything with both hands the stuff I listed above is what feels most comfortable.

I doubt I will find the shifter on the left being comfortable but who knows until you try?

I think you will adapt pretty fast.

Why cant alain put the shifter on the right ? This is not a electric shift thing?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:34 pm 

Are these out by warrenton Litespeed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:59 pm 

Quote:
so I can throw the quad in the back

Your spare quad is a 50? These things a very small, when I rode with my uncle in Japan I sat with my shoulders twisted sideways so he could shift.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:16 pm 

hoser wrote:
How much for this one I like the idea of 4 doors but might be better off with the one with a bed so I can throw the quad in the back as a backup ride home lol

They still look 1/2 the cost of a new Rhino.

Thanks for getting the pics we will have to make a road trip when I come to your place and spend some time looking them over, I assume we can test drive?

That one was $7500!!! It was in good shape though ther than the tires.

The guy says he can put just about any tires you want on them. He camo's them in all the real tree camo styles for the hunters. The one I seen with the ATV tires were actually tractor tires he told me. I figured they were ITP 489's.

He said we can take them for a ride, no problem. Most have a 2 speed transfer case, high and low and some do not. You definately need to sit in one cause they are tight but I think you'll do fine.

He claims that these will go anywhere a Rhino, Ranger, Golf cart or Mule. He ad a mule and gave it up after seeing where these could go, or so he said.

Tom

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:19 pm 

wiggins wrote:
Are these out by warrenton Litespeed?

Yep, right there just east of Wright City.

Tom

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:22 pm 

Lee wrote:
Quote:

Your spare quad is a 50? These things a very small, when I rode with my uncle in Japan I sat with my shoulders twisted sideways so he could shift.

I didn't measure it but a quad would fit with no problem, I think you could prolly fit a pilot on sideways.

Tom

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:41 pm 

hoser wrote:
Drakman wrote:

Depends what I am doing if you want to paint a lable on me, I use both hands for about everything, I write mostly with my left hand so most call me left handed but I shoot and throw a ball with my right, hold my fork with my left, eat with both lol, actually I can do everything with both hands the stuff I listed above is what feels most comfortable.

I doubt I will find the shifter on the left being comfortable but who knows until you try?

I think you will adapt pretty fast.

Why cant alain put the shifter on the right ? This is not a electric shift thing?

I think the term is amidexterous, and that is what I was thinking, I thought I remembered seeing use different hands for different things and that is why I couldn't remember for sure.

On the single seaters, Alain uses a rod instead of a cable for the bike tranny shifter, he says the cables have too much drag for easy shifting. The pictures are a bit deceiving, the bike shifter looks a long way from the wheel, actually, I can keep a thumb on the wheel and work the shifter with the heel of my hand. I tried it a bit out at Alains, it was odd, but not difficult. He says most people think it will be difficult, but most adapt in half a day or less. I hope I am one of them and not one of the others that can't ever get it.

In case that doesn't work out, you can see my backup plan. I got the Pingle from Eddy when he sold the Hayabus two seater that he had. The switches on the wheel came from Radio Shack and set me back about $3.50, they are simple momentary switches. We actually have a set-up for both of the new machines.

Attachments:
manualshifters.jpg
manualshifters.jpg [ 177.33 KiB | Viewed 1168 times ]
shifterwheel.jpg
shifterwheel.jpg [ 121.04 KiB | Viewed 1168 times ]
pingle.jpg
pingle.jpg [ 93.42 KiB | Viewed 1168 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:12 am 

Is their a concern for that shifter hitting your leg during a violent roll over the mount looks like its never going to move I would pad it up good and maybe make something to go over the nut.

I like the idea of the electric shift controls so you can keep your hands on the wheel.

Is this the car that has 23" front and 18" rear travle?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:15 am 

litespeed wrote:
Lee wrote:
Quote:

I didn't measure it but a quad would fit with no problem, I think you could prolly fit a pilot on sideways.

Tom

I think Lee was talking about the 4 door version for the 50cc quad, the bed looks much smaller than the others, I seen a pic some place with a quad in the back of the 2 door version.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:19 am 

PilotNut wrote:
Any idea why they're not street legal?

My guess is the DOT thing maybe emissions too?

I need to contact Miss. James

http://atvtruck.com/Gizmo.htm

Quote:
Gizmo here was customized by a Mini Truck enthusiast in Tishomingo County, Miss. James has sold this one and it is street legal. He has others.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:23 am 

There is someone near me that also sells them. I saw some on Ebay also. I think the issue is crash tests. None of them pass the head on part, I think I read that somewhere. But I looked on Ebay again and this first guy says they are street legal, the other says check the DMV.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AWESOME- ... dZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Subaru-M ... dZViewItem

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:14 am 

hoser wrote:
Is their a concern for that shifter hitting your leg during a violent roll over the mount looks like its never going to move I would pad it up good and maybe make something to go over the nut.

I like the idea of the electric shift controls so you can keep your hands on the wheel.

Remember the beating Toyman's knees and such took in his crash? I had thought about it at one point and then kinda forgot with all the other stuff going on. I will see if my knee can reach it, it won't on the right, don't know for sure about the left side, if it is close it will get padded.

That wheel is one I borrowed from Eddy, it should work, but I am looking to see if there is anything better that doesn't cost too much. A lot of the special built wheels go many hundreds of dollars.

One of the attractions of the Pingle is the ability to shift clutchless, it interupts the ignition just long enough to accomplish the shift, and works going up or down the gears.

These will not have that much travel, I don't know for sure just how much they will have, "ol blue" never lacked for suspension travel, and this one will have more, just not sure how much more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:22 am 

Here is a cool wheel, just don't know what all it would take to rig it up. The buttons are actually horn buttons.

Attachments:
spideraccessories_1912_32605585.gif
spideraccessories_1912_32605585.gif [ 71.25 KiB | Viewed 1142 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:04 pm 

The Honda Acty truck has a bed length of 1863mm (Hoser’s TRX400 is 1723mm long) and a width of 1326mm (TRX400 is 1098mm wide). So yes a quad will fit, just.

These things will not go anywhere a Rhino will go. It just will not do it. They do not have the suspension travel or the ground clearance. They might keep up with a JD gator (2WD and no rear suspension) in everything but soft ground. I would recommend that we watch whoever buys on first to see how they work out. $4000 is a lot of $ to plunk down with out being sure it will do what you need.

They are not street leangle because 1) they do not meet smog and it is expensive to make them do so. 2) They do not meet all of the federal crash safety regulations (no air bags ect). 3) There is a raft of other laws and regulations they are not designed for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:34 pm 

Try to get it registered as a Farm vehicle.

I know its hard up here sicne there are few farms left.
But, in the Mid-West I bet it could fly.

I tried to get a Odyssey registered for farm use. My sister had a registered Horse Farm for insurance purposes and the fact she had a dozen of those money sucking fly swatting stinkers....

But, the registry had to inspect the 'tractor' and it didn't fly. If it had passed all that was required was to display the plate and a Orange triangle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:12 pm 

Drakman wrote:
hoser wrote:

Remember the beating Toyman's knees and such took in his crash? I had thought about it at one point and then kinda forgot with all the other stuff going on. I will see if my knee can reach it, it won't on the right, don't know for sure about the left side, if it is close it will get padded.

That wheel is one I borrowed from Eddy, it should work, but I am looking to see if there is anything better that doesn't cost too much. A lot of the special built wheels go many hundreds of dollars.

One of the attractions of the Pingle is the ability to shift clutchless, it interupts the ignition just long enough to accomplish the shift, and works going up or down the gears.

These will not have that much travel, I don't know for sure just how much they will have, "ol blue" never lacked for suspension travel, and this one will have more, just not sure how much more.

I would use a stiff high density cushion for any padding up you do so when your knee impacts hard and fast like Toymans they wont punch through the soft foam, feel how stiff your padding is in a helmet.

Air shifters and electric shifters have been around for a long time my brother made his own air shifter for his 83 GS 1100ES when he use to take it to the drag strip they just kill the Engine for a few mili seconds then shift, his was up shift only but it was just setup for the strip.

I would not "buy" any steering wheel I would make my own like in your pics they always ask some stupid price for something like that.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:19 pm 

Lee wrote:
The Honda Acty truck has a bed length of 1863mm (Hoser’s TRX400 is 1723mm long) and a width of 1326mm (TRX400 is 1098mm wide). So yes a quad will fit, just.

These things will not go anywhere a Rhino will go. It just will not do it. They do not have the suspension travel or the ground clearance. They might keep up with a JD gator (2WD and no rear suspension) in everything but soft ground. I would recommend that we watch whoever buys on first to see how they work out. $4000 is a lot of $ to plunk down with out being sure it will do what you need.

They are not street leangle because 1) they do not meet smog and it is expensive to make them do so. 2) They do not meet all of the federal crash safety regulations (no air bags ect). 3) There is a raft of other laws and regulations they are not designed for.

I have only seen these in pics I have not seen them in person yet if they are 4x4 and will pull their own weight I don't see why they wont off road well with a few mods, I have a 79 Chevy Luv 4x4 and it will go any place and more than any Jeep CJ5 or 7 will go, in the snow my LUV went places the Jeeps were getting stuck, no doubt the first thing that would have to be changed is the tires, wider and taller so it will float better....

Before I shell out big money for one their will be a off road test drive or I simply sont buy one.

the lure right now is the size and weight, the first thing to get my attention was the 3 cylinder 4 stroke Engine that might be a good candidate for a Pilot replacement?

I figure it has to be smaller and lighter than the GEO metro Engine used in the drakart?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:37 pm 

I would use a stiff high density cushion for any padding up you do so when your knee impacts hard and fast like Toymans they wont punch through the soft foam, feel how stiff your padding is in a helmet.

This may take a bit of thought and work.

Air shifters and electric shifters have been around for a long time my brother made his own air shifter for his 83 GS 1100ES when he use to take it to the drag strip they just kill the Engine for a few mili seconds then shift, his was up shift only but it was just setup for the strip.

We actually bought a pair of these, they are supposed to work up or down, the 'kill' is adjustable, so we can mess with it until we get it totally screwed up!

I would not "buy" any steering wheel I would make my own like in your pics they always ask some stupid price for something like that.[/quote]

I already made it, only cost $3.50 to add the buttons to the wheel, some of the ones already setup are cool, but they can get pricey fast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:18 pm 

i have been browsing, imo the trucks probbally re not street legal do to the glass, not sure if anyone knows or not, but they still produce the old vws, yup like the 50,s 60,s, they make them in mexico, not 100% sure if they still do but almost certain they did in 2004, my friend had one, yes he was a hyspanic, right from mexico, they can not be imported, because they use cheap glass, they also have diffrent engines, same Engine diffrent stuff, if anyone has everhad a vw Engine with no fuel pump spot, it was made in mexico. electric pump.

also, drakman, the shifter, i don't understand why alain cant put it on the right, even with linkage, just have to cross behind the seat, exactly how mine is going to be, and for kill, have to kill the fuel as well, even in fuel injection, but you do that by killing the injectors, if you just slapped an electric shiter on the car, it would load the Engine and backfire, as you already know, im just saying so other readers know, anyway, my idea is to use an electric solenoid from a lock in a car, as most push and pull, and have a neutral position in the center, perfect for shifter, cost probbally free, but it will still need a lever to get neutral. and the buttons on the steer wheel, perfect, exactly what i had thought...anyway it mearly takes breaking the correct wires when button is applied, don't need to spend 5 or 6 hundys to get an air shifter. tho will be easier for sum to just buy...also another thing i have seen is a hand clutch on the shifter it self, me myself, it is nature to drive with left hand on the wheel. :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:21 pm 

also, drakman, the shifter, i don't understand why alain cant put it on the right, even with linkage, just have to cross behind the seat, exactly how mine is going to be, and for kill, have to kill the fuel as well, even in fuel injection, but you do that by killing the injectors, if you just slapped an electric shiter on the car, it would load the Engine and backfire, as you already know, im just saying so other readers know, anyway, my idea is to use an electric solenoid from a lock in a car, as most push and pull, and have a neutral position in the center, perfect for shifter, cost probbally free, but it will still need a lever to get neutral. and the buttons on the steer wheel, perfect, exactly what i had thought...anyway it mearly takes breaking the correct wires when button is applied, don't need to spend 5 or 6 hundys to get an air shifter. tho will be easier for sum to just buy...also another thing i have seen is a hand clutch on the shifter it self, me myself, it is nature to drive with left hand on the wheel. :-)[/quote]

Alain has been puttin them all on the left for some time, this has the least linkage and therefor the fewest problems. We talked about putting them on the right and he was really opposed to it, I suppose mostly because he has built a lot of the Busa's and all of them are on the left, this way he doesn't have to rig something just for us and can use his 'off the shelf' stuff.

Actually, I have driving an automatic for so long, I am not used to using my right hand other than for coming in and out of park and forward and reverse, these functions will still be on the right. It should be interesting.