Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How Soon We Forget?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:52 am 

You guys remember what you were doing 5 years ago today?

I checked 8 different message boards this morning no mention of 9/11 on any of them yet, guess its earlly, hope they have not forgot...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:19 am 

I was in Phoenix AZ unloading my truck, wondering where my retired/traveling Mom and Dad where???

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:14 am 

I haven't forgotten for a second.

Five years ago today I was all packed and ready for my first group ride at Little Sahara.

That day was a little like what December 7, 1941 must have been. It woke our country up then, and did so this time.....but.....we seem to be going back to sleep.......

If we do not continue the fight, we dishonor the memory of all who died that day and in the ensuing battles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:30 am 

I walked in to work a few min after the first plane hit....no cable and audio news streams...everyone was talking about the rumors of the "cessena hitting the WTC"...That is until the second plane hit.

Glad to see people remember!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:17 pm 

I was watching it on the news when the second plane hit and I was shocked. I could not believe my eyes. I don't think there has been a day since then that I didn't think about it. That was a real bad day. All the 911 shows on the TV here lately, they get my blood pumping when I watch the footage of impacts. I for sure won't ever forget.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:21 pm 

I was talking to my foremen at the time and a neighbor came out and said, "Did you hear......

I too was going to LS, Hoser had already left so I left too. That was a short trip since I think it was weighing heavy on everyones minds. Bush said to carry on and they would take care of it, I'm still waiting here safely in Missouri for now while the young men and women of this nation continue to search (I assume!) for that no good bastard that should be praying for death!!!

"What comes around goes around!" May the wrath of the USA never give him a moments peace till he is expelled from our Earth.

I think the Devil himself shamed his actions.

I just watched "Flight 93" a couple days ago and have to say it choked me up plenty, the passengers able to call thier loved ones to say goodbye. I think those on the plane were over looked by many, I did unintentionally but won't ever again.

A very sad day indeed!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:33 pm 

Yes I was on the way to Little Sahara in OK to meet up and ride with my friends and to deliver the Wheelman Pilot.

I didnt know anything about the attack until about 10am I had been listening to cd's and turned on the radio to get a updated weather report, I was in south Iowa on RT 35 heeading south, I had no way of contacting Wheelman to see if he was still going to Waynoka I hated to turn around and head back home leaving him without his Pilot after driving 1000 miles so I continued on, by time I got to OK border they were telling gas stations to quit raising the price on gas...

I have a picture some place that I took of the only con trails in the sky assuming it was Bush on his way to CO or where ever he was hiding that after noon.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:30 pm 

i just backed into a job site, was listening to bob and tom before i got out to work, and they had mentioned it, i listened the rest of the day, well after i got back into the truck....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:32 pm 

That morning I came home after working out at the gym w/ my squadron mates...called Drakman (Dad) and told him about the first plane as I had CNN on while checking my email...a few minutes later the second plane hit while we were on the phone together. Then it dawned on me...get dressed, pack a bag, and get and back to the squadron ASAP! Lots of work to do to be ready for whatever happens next...Pentagon, PA... That afternoon we launched 8 C-9 Medevacs from Scott AFB (St Louis) loaded with nurses, doctors, trauma teams, etc...to Andrews AFB in anticipation of shuttling some jets through Kennedy & La Guardia. With air traffic being frozen I spent the better part of the day coordinating to get our jets into the air and to DC to be ready. Thankfully we were not needed in the ensuing days as the local hospitals were able to handle the load. It was very strange though standing there, briefing the young guys (23-25 yr olds) on what to do, what was going to happen and so forth. At some point during all of this we decided to arm all of our crewmembers instead of just the pilots as we typically did. BTW, never try to hijack a military plane...we shoot at the first sign of hostile intent and ask questions later! Speaking of which, I have flown commercial a few times with my crew to pick up a plane somewhere that is broken or whatever...we travel in civilian clothes, possess concealed weapons permits, and walk right through security with 9mils under our shirts... Needless to say if some of Usama's punks or others tried to hijack a plane that any of us are ever on it would be "game over" rather quickly!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:38 pm 

Hoser...where were you with the contrail pic? Every major city had fighter caps up by the middle of the day but flying too low for contrails. There were a few "other" aircraft airborne which are beyond the scope of this board but we had one C-9 that we launched from the San Francisco area direct to St Louis...if it was late afternoon over eastern Kansas/western Missouri it was likely one of squadron mates.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:52 pm 

tedpilot wrote:
Hoser...where were you with the contrail pic? Every major city had fighter caps up by the middle of the day but flying too low for contrails. There were a few "other" aircraft airborne which are beyond the scope of this board but we had one C-9 that we launched from the San Francisco area direct to St Louis...if it was late afternoon over eastern Kansas/western Missouri it was likely one of squadron mates.

It took some searching but I found them.

Blue arrow points to the con trail, that would be looking west on RT35 I was in Iowa or MO guessing it was before noon CST

Attachments:
contail.jpg
contail.jpg [ 38.93 KiB | Viewed 260 times ]
contrail1.jpg
contrail1.jpg [ 37.46 KiB | Viewed 262 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:20 am 

Here Downunder,we got the live TV trans updates at about 9;30 at night time,while we were watching "Rove Live"(weekly comedy variety show) We were all too stunned and shocked to know what to make of it.I remember all
of my family looking at each other with that look of shock and bewilderment and generally saying"what the hell's goin on?" Seeing those endless and repeated images of the planes entering the towers really tatoos it your memory banks. I live only a few miles from the international airport, and when working with the ride-on mowers and the planes are flying in low overhead,I can't help but relive the impact images.It's definately something you NEVER forget,even 5 yrs later or 10,20 whatever. All the best, Baz

Profile E-mail