Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:23 am 

i ran across this ebay auction in which this guy fabbed some different fenders onto his 350. anyone have any input as to what kind would work? auction is probably over by the time anyone reads this though

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 2759.l1259

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:06 am 

Wow those looked good. I had a fender idea that I was wondering if anyone tried? Using the bottom of a 55gal plastic drum. I was actually thinking of this for my FL250 because the flat bottom of the drum would mount right up with proper holes drilled in the base of the drum using the side of the barrel for the fender portion. And I actually was thinking about cutting a flame design into the tips of the rear of each fender with a pattern and a jigsaw.
I have not tried this personally. It was just a thought that I had.
Outta

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:32 am 

I saw those on ebay they look good. I have no idea what they are from
I see someone bid 32 times on them :shock:

Bob

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:47 am 

I was looking at some fenders from a newer vw bug in the junk yard,maybe something could be done with them?Theyre plastic/fiberglass so easy to cut/shape.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:27 am 

bullnerd wrote:
I was looking at some fenders from a newer vw bug in the junk yard,maybe something could be done with them?Theyre plastic/fiberglass so easy to cut/shape.

If your going fiberglass find a guy that is good with fiberglass that's out of work and have him copy a set of factory fenders.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:52 pm 

400ex

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:20 pm 

hoser wrote:
bullnerd wrote:

If your going fiberglass find a guy that is good with fiberglass that's out of work and have him copy a set of factory fenders.

I thought he wanted to be original and not copy the same old same old.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:41 pm 

turbo, i think something like that would work.. i might give it a go this spring actually.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:48 am 

hoser wrote:
bullnerd wrote:

That is what I had a Mate of mine do a few years ago.He's a Pool glasser/renovator.
He made up a complete set of moulds from my good set,and they worked out beautifuly.
Cool thing about it is,you can make them to any thickness/colour you want.Trade off,is making up some custom brackets for em.
I'm out of the Odys now,if I can get the moulds does anyone want to buy them?...Baz

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:40 am 

Those are some of the best homemade ones that I have seen. They sold for the right price as well.

baz: I would imagine someone would be interested in those molds. The price of fenders now is just silly. I am going to pull all my new ones off and just save them for when/if I am ready to sell my 350's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:00 pm 

Sunblock wrote:
Those are some of the best homemade ones that I have seen. They sold for the right price as well.

baz: I would imagine someone would be interested in those molds. The price of fenders now is just silly. I am going to pull all my new ones off and just save them for when/if I am ready to sell my 350's.

Yup I agree I have seen plenty of attempts to install home made fenders that is the best so far..

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: fenders
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:32 pm 

i just did aset for my 350 i use yamaha banshee front and rear they work great made some brackets to stockbolt holes looks good too ill look for pics i have them brakets for the front use stock mounts on frame rear had to add a bolt little welding not to bad hell of a alot cheaper and easy to find

Attachments:
DSC02459.JPG
DSC02459.JPG [ 2.53 MiB | Viewed 1296 times ]
DSC02448.JPG
DSC02448.JPG [ 2.56 MiB | Viewed 1294 times ]
DSC02453.JPG
DSC02453.JPG [ 2.55 MiB | Viewed 1294 times ]
DSC02456.JPG
DSC02456.JPG [ 2.52 MiB | Viewed 1295 times ]

Post subject: Re: fenders
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:12 pm 

dunerunner wrote:
i just did aset for my 350 i use yamaha banshee front and rear they work great made some brackets to stockbolt holes looks good too ill look for pics i have them

post em up! im looking for ideas

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:04 pm 

How much do you think he would want for them? Do we have any long standing members who knows about fiberglass??? I would hate to buy them, then they wind up like the lost hood mold in California...

bugeye59 wrote:
hoser wrote:
bullnerd wrote:

That is what I had a Mate of mine do a few years ago.He's a Pool glasser/renovator.
He made up a complete set of moulds from my good set,and they worked out beautifuly.
Cool thing about it is,you can make them to any thickness/colour you want.Trade off,is making up some custom brackets for em.
I'm out of the Odys now,if I can get the moulds does anyone want to buy them?...Baz

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:21 pm 

Any molds for the 350's fenders would be a seller indeed, just don't let it get into the darksides hands and everything will run smooth.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:25 pm 

Mudbogger wrote:
Any molds for the 350's fenders would be a seller indeed, just don't let it get into the darksides hands and everything will run smooth.

That's what I was thinking... If we could get them done and Sell at cost!!! that takes the greed out of the equation

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:45 pm 

dunerunner wrote:
i just did aset for my 350 i use yamaha banshee front and rear they work great made some brackets to stockbolt holes looks good too ill look for pics i have them brakets for the front use stock mounts on frame rear had to add a bolt little welding not to bad hell of a alot cheaper and easy to find

this is perfect.. and it looks great!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:05 am 

I stand corrected!!! Those look good I saw the bolts thru the plastic and assumed it was an chucklenuts at aftershot motorspurts product! Fronts are still a little small but will work great

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:09 am 

Turbotexas wrote:
I stand corrected!!! Those look good I saw the bolts thru the plastic and assumed it was an chucklenuts at aftershot motorspurts product! Fronts are still a little small but will work great

as long as it keeps rocks from knocking my teeth out :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:50 pm 

dunerunner wrote:

That looks real good. Banshee rear plastic is expensive too.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:51 am 

outtakontroll wrote:
Wow those looked good. I had a fender idea that I was wondering if anyone tried? Using the bottom of a 55gal plastic drum. I was actually thinking of this for my FL250 because the flat bottom of the drum would mount right up with proper holes drilled in the base of the drum using the side of the barrel for the fender portion. And I actually was thinking about cutting a flame design into the tips of the rear of each fender with a pattern and a jigsaw.
Outta

Had that on my old fl250 it works but the plastic is flemsy and saggs over a short time from the sun and heat etc

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:51 am 

outtakontroll wrote:
Outta

Had that on my old fl250 it works but the plastic is flemsy and saggs over a short time from the sun and heat etc

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:54 am 

bugeye59 wrote:
hoser wrote:
bullnerd wrote:

If the price is right i was going to get moulds made too but i have 0 clean fenders

Profile E-mail