Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 3:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:58 am 

Enjoying the slow death of PilotOdyssey.com? Due to the age of Pilots and Odysseys I knew the site traffic would trickle down to nothing. I only keep the site up as archives, I intend to keep it up until the last Odyssey or Pilot no longer exists. I never expected the site to last this long but feel its my duty too keep it going due to the data it contains. My love for the Pilots has faded but it not gone, this season its my goal to continue my work on the Pilots I have in my shop and to get my 440 Pilot back on the trail, take it on future trips and ride, put together dune trips etc. like the old days. WE NEED MORE Pilot Odyssey Jamborees like the past.

As you can see I created a new category and moved it to the TOP of the list for the most exposure. It can be relocated at anytime all members has to do is create a post in the SUGGESTION BOX and lets discuss. I should have created this category day one as PilotOdyssey.com is for YOU the users.

I have been told most the Pilot Odyssey traffic has moved to Facebook so I feel we need to figure out a way to archive the info found on Facebook to here. I know nothing about Facebook, I have no FB account so will let experienced FB users make the suggestions.

I want to make it clear I am NOT trying to take away anything from Facebook I am merely trying to preserve the data related to Pilots and Odysseys. I have a LONG history of NOT using PilotOdyssey.com FOR PROFIT, (Disclosure I have taken donations for paying for the server cost, I will have to check but I believe I still have around $100 in the paypal account for future ISP fees) I have supported anyone selling PO related products and services as best as I can. I have always had site members backs, when I seen members being taken advantage of I have steered them in the right direction to prevent them from getting "screwed" by lets call shady vendors. Of course I am not going to name the names of the shady typed, you just will NOT see me advertising for them, I have a long history of promoting ALL the vendors who provide the best services for our community at no charge.

SO start creating post on saving PilotOdyssey.com and most importantly the data that can help future owners.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:14 am 

I have noticed the slow death as well.
Very very few people on here now and even I disappear for a while sometimes. It's always the same 7 or 8 of us.
I to do NOT have any social media presence except for youtube.

Maybe we could post "clear" directions on how to use the search box and then get that posted on facebook ?
I have tried many times in the past to educate new users on how to do that and I believe I've posted a thread on it.
Found it: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17970&hilit=search+box+how
The amount of info on these machines here is incredible and it would be terrible to lose it.
CO

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:29 am 

canadian oddy wrote:
I have noticed the slow death as well.
Very very few people on here now and even I disappear for a while sometimes. It's always the same 7 or 8 of us.
I to do NOT have any social media presence except for youtube.

Maybe we could post "clear" directions on how to use the search box and then get that posted on facebook ?
I have tried many times in the past to educate new users on how to do that and I believe I've posted a thread on it.
Found it: http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/viewtopi ... ch+box+how
The amount of info on these machines here is incredible and it would be terrible to lose it.
CO

It would probably be a good idea to list each site that has a abundance of PO info then create a link to each site, lets use Facebook for example again since from what I been hearing that seems to be the place wit a lot of PO activity. Facebook users can go to FB and fine the BEST search terms for finding PO related info then post that link here, I can add it to the header at the top of the forums and on the main website for future searches. Like right below the links you see in the upper right corner of this sites main page where you see "Search" I can create another row of searches like Facebook Pilot - Facebook FL350 - Facebook FL250

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:52 am 

hoser wrote:
It would probably be a good idea to list each site that has a abundance of PO info then create a link to each site, lets use Facebook for example again since from what I been hearing that seems to be the place wit a lot of PO activity. Facebook users can go to FB and fine the BEST search terms for finding PO related info then post that link here, I can add it to the header at the top of the forums and on the main website for future searches. Like right below the links you see in the upper right corner of this sites main page where you see "Search" I can create another row of searches like Facebook Pilot - Facebook FL350 - Facebook FL250

I don't like that idea hoser.
We want them to come here and not go search some place else and from what I have heard facebook is a disaster trying to find stuff and most of the info is wrong with some incompetent trying to sound smrt.
CO

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:40 am 

Sad

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:53 pm 

liduno wrote:
Sad

2nd this.

Profile E-mail