Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:53 pm 

I am looking for someone to do a complete rebuild on my second motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )). I have done top ends but don't want to deal with the case. When I split the topend from the case (due to it being seized when i bought it) it had a good amount of water in the crank case. Seeing that I have bought all new bearings, seals, and rod the only thing I don't have is a piston since there is some surface rusting on the cylinder but it doesn't look too bad. My question does anyone on here know someone in jersey on here that can do the work I got quoted 300 for the work with all that I have minus the piston which sounds reasonable but even if it cost more id rather have someone who knows the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) since am not comfortable rebuilding a crank so I'd rather find someone that's trustworthy and knows this Engine. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 pm 

how about hoser?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:04 am 

I read he rebuilds them which im still pondering the idea because he seems the most knowledgable but was wondering if anybody local did it so I could have a quicker turn around once all my parts come in.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:41 am 

What connecting rod did you buy?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:54 am 

I bought the pro x 03.1315 I saw a link on this site for it. I hope it's a good one.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:26 am 

Ultimatepedigree wrote:
I bought the pro x 03.1315 I saw a link on this site for it. I hope it's a good one.

Reason I asked was the Vesrah brand has a shorter pin the prox is shorter than OEM too but not by very much, the prox I listed in the 350 parts area is the one I would use in my engines fact is I bought a few of them one of these days I will have speedchaser install them.
viewtopic.php?f=64&t=10185

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:21 pm 

I came across that link when researching the parts I was going to buy. I originally planned on doing the crank myself but after researching and reading some horror stories I have opted for someone else to handle it. I figured I would learn on a different motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) than this one because I don't want severe carnage on a motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) that is hard to come by. Figure I will rebuild my Honda GX390 clone (Harbor Freight Predator 420cc) crank (and practice porting while its apart) I have in my 2 seater Chinese kart as practice. Hoser If I don't feel comfortable with the guy I am dealing with I will PM you to see if you are able to do it and what the turn around time will be.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:39 pm 

problem with sending it to an Engine builder in New Jersey is they may not do as good of a job as a hoser and the turnaround time for a hoser is not that bad at all these days. Try pm hoser.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:43 am 

DID YOU ever get this Engine rebuilt? If so what builder did you use? RRP in stewartsville?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:05 pm 

I did it myself actually, I had IDM Cylinder Heads bore the jug and I handled the rest. I was uncomfortable about doing the bottom end as I have never done one before. But it was actually quite easy. The only issue I had was the ProX rod needed to be shaved a smidge as well as the case to get it to turn freely. I have both of my FL350s running now and converted one to water cooled as well. Since then I have been running the pits and fire roads at the Forked River Mountains lately as well as Couches Pit in West Creek.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:08 pm 

Ultimatepedigree wrote:
Forked River Mountains lately as well as Couches Pit in West Creek.

Damn! Havnt heard those places mentioned in a long time!

Tell me more please?

I thought Couches was really off limits these days? Impounding?

Do you park somewhere or ride in?

I cant take a chance getting impounded!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:18 am 

bullnerd wrote:
Ultimatepedigree wrote:
Forked River Mountains lately as well as Couches Pit in West Creek.

Damn! Havnt heard those places mentioned in a long time!

Tell me more please?

I thought Couches was really off limits these days? Impounding?

Do you park somewhere or ride in?

I cant take a chance getting impounded!

Right bullnerd,WOW-brings back memories these places mentioned!!! I have not ridden there in many a year and thought as well both were off limits unless you wanted to go "outlaw" riding and pray the rangers do not come after you.I got busted years ago at forked river and it took a bunch of telephone calls and money to get my 3 wheeler back!! I used to go to Georges property off Lacy rd for years but he stopped allowing that after the conservatory people bought all the land on the power lines, am I under the wrong impressions? I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to ride there again for me the trip is like mabye 2 hrs tops and the memories last a lifetime.
Now, I might mention I am a touch(yes a touch you smartasses) older and all my rides are insured and registered (in pa but they observe reprosity here in NJ)so impoundment might not be too big of a fight if it gets to that, but I still do not wish to have that happen.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:20 am 

Any updates on the project? Pictures? Any rides planned, maybe I will bring a extra ride with me and meet Bullnerd there with a Dave co Pilot! :-) for his riding pleasure?
And yes I will turn the tires around to the right tread direction :shock: still can't believe I did that LOL

Profile E-mail