Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:52 pm 

afastcar wrote:
they said they had the piston kit.

cool indeed-

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:55 pm 

Hello Hoser,

Just checking to see if the parts made it from Service Honda? I ordered other stuff at that same time but had half sent to you and half sent to me my package made it to me just wanted to make sure the other half made it to you or see if I need to track it.

Thanks, Jacob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:45 pm 

afastcar wrote:
Hello Hoser,

Just checking to see if the parts made it from Service Honda? I ordered other stuff at that same time but had half sent to you and half sent to me my package made it to me just wanted to make sure the other half made it to you or see if I need to track it.

Thanks, Jacob

Yes the parts came, no packing list so I assume its all their, now I have a piston have you decided where your sending the cylinder for sleeving?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:23 am 

There should be 3 pistons, 3 sets of rings, 3 piston pins, 3 rod bearings, 6 clips, and 3 gasket kits i ordered 2 spares for future freshen ups, plus all the bottom end stuff.

I guess i will try the guy from ebay that i posted earlier in this thread i will give him a call tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:06 pm 

Cylinder is back, I measured its height before sending and after it came back since they usually deck it after installing the sleeve I wanted to see how much they took off.

Attachments:
File comment: BEFORE
DSC04262.JPG
DSC04262.JPG [ 72.21 KiB | Viewed 1071 times ]
File comment: AFTER
DSC02592.JPG
DSC02592.JPG [ 62.66 KiB | Viewed 1071 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:09 pm 

All looks ok to me time will tell, what can go wrong is the liner can shift or move when the Engine is running.

Attachments:
DSC02583.JPG
DSC02583.JPG [ 64.68 KiB | Viewed 1070 times ]
DSC02584.JPG
DSC02584.JPG [ 48.35 KiB | Viewed 1070 times ]
DSC02588.JPG
DSC02588.JPG [ 50.15 KiB | Viewed 1070 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:10 pm 

looks good cant wait to see what it runs like after the Hoserising and port job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:12 pm 

You ever see one move? They should have cut a counterbore at the top of the deck to allow for the liner to fit into the cylinder. Between a press fit of the liner and cylinder; and the head clamping down on the top of the liner to squeeze the counterbore it should be fine. But like you said, time will tell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:28 am 

It looks really good. I like how its hard to tell. All the edges match up great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:04 am 

King Kx wrote:
You ever see one move? They should have cut a counterbore at the top of the deck to allow for the liner to fit into the cylinder. Between a press fit of the liner and cylinder; and the head clamping down on the top of the liner to squeeze the counterbore it should be fine. But like you said, time will tell.

Yes I have, stoneman had one done at a local shop to him, it dropped down, can only assume they cut the counter bore too deep and when it heat cycled a few times it dropped down a little causing the head gasket to leak, he had to remove the cylinder and have it decked.

We need to get Speedchaser doing these, from what I have read its not that hard, bore it out until their is a .002 to .003 interference fit then chill the liner and warm the cylinder, press it in keep tension on it until the temps equalize, deck the top of the bore to ensure its flat, match all the port openings, not sure if Speedchaser would want to tool up to match all the ports, I think I have two Pilot cylinders that need a sleeve I would match the ports myself so that part would not be an issue.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:46 pm 

Just got back in town got the Engine and parts thanks Hoser going to install it tonight and head to the dunes tomorrow. one question when I install the reeds should I use Yamabond 4 or 5 thanks.

Jacob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:14 pm 

afastcar wrote:
Just got back in town got the Engine and parts thanks Hoser going to install it tonight and head to the dunes tomorrow. one question when I install the reeds should I use Yamabond 4 or 5 thanks.

Jacob

Yamabond 4

Wish I could be their still stuck on this job, they are ramping up assuming going 7-12's for 3-5 weeks then it should be OVER :-)

Have fun take lots of pics, give that Engine plenty of break in time :shock: before playing king of the dunes heh

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:33 pm 

thanks again their will just be four of us there until thursday night so I am going to cycle it around camp for a couple days until everyone else gets there. hopefully we can all ride together sometime.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:13 am 

Fired right up 5 heat cycles going to some big bowls tomorrow so far so good thanks hoser.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:28 pm 

Well 2years 4 rebuids from ATVR stuck the piston on the first dune ride after breaking it in every time. Hoser nailed it first time broke it in around camp for 2days and rode the piss out of it today trying to kill it thanks Hoser glad to have my little friend back.