Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:34 pm 

Slickrick sent me his ATVR Engine that Poofkaboom after a few short hours for a CSI

Can you tell us the whole story on this, what ATVR did, how many hours on it, type of use etc. more info the better.

A few questions

What needle are you running in this carb, it has a 40 slow jet and a 172 main jet.

What brand and octane gas

What brand oil and at what ratio

I need a 80.5mm wiseco piston kit.

Also need a head gasket and a cylinder gasket these can be wiseco or Honda what ever you prefer, ATVR used Honda gaskets.

Ask around for the best price on the piston kit prices very quite a bit, afastcar just bought two...

Typical ATVR the head is cut wrong I forget how many this makes now I have lost count, more than 7 heads for sure...
I wish they would give up trying to machine heads so they would quit frying engines and making the CUSTOMER pay for their mistakes..

If this was my Engine I would buy a Speedchaser head, maybe you can sell your current head back to ATVR...
viewtopic.php?t=4210
viewtopic.php?t=3891

I use them on all my Pilot engines, I bought one for my wifes Pilot and bought one for the Engine I bought from Odykid. Ask around others use them as well I don't think their has been any problems or complaints if their is speak up guys!

If you order your parts from a Honda shop let me know I have a list of bolts I need to order and would appreciate if you could tag them on your order I am happy to pay for them and split the shipping cost with you, if your not getting from Honda no big deal.

ATVR fail

Attachments:
DSC05818.JPG
DSC05818.JPG [ 115.2 KiB | Viewed 1296 times ]
DSC05819.JPG
DSC05819.JPG [ 83.88 KiB | Viewed 1296 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:36 pm 

Bottom end looks good and looks fresh, looks like they installed a new rod, a HOT ROD

Attachments:
DSC05823.JPG
DSC05823.JPG [ 62.69 KiB | Viewed 1295 times ]
DSC05825.JPG
DSC05825.JPG [ 66.7 KiB | Viewed 1295 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:10 pm 

I used this guy for the pistons he had them in stock and seemed to be a good price. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-40 ... ccessories

and for all the other parts I use Service Honda and they will ship the parts directly to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:46 pm 

Slickrick, if you sell the head I'll consider taking it. P.M. a price.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:45 am 

Thanks for helping me with my motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) HOSER.
1. ATVR completed a laundry list of items about three pages worth that totaled $5,014. I could list everything but it might take a while so ill bring the receipt to glamis to have you go over it.
2. Hours-I would say a total of 18hrs
3. I run 91 octane form my local chevron with techron
4. I use Maxima castor oil and run 32:1
5. Riding terrain is Arizona desert. Local riding areas consist of Bulldog canyon, Sycamore creek and saguaro lake. I will try to post some picks of the riding areas mentioned.
6. When the car ran it ran great. There was a huge noticeable power gain compared to my stock pilot. When breaking it in. I would warm it up utilizing the verbal instructions given to me by Luke, one of the ATVR techs. Hold the throttle about a quarter of the way until the cooling fan kicks on. I ran two tanks of gas through never holding the throttle in one position and never full throttle until running through two tanks of gas.
7. Please send an items list of whatever you needed from service Honda.
I will be ordering the parts you have suggested on Monday and hope to have them when I go to the dunes. If the parts arrive in time I will turn them over to you and pay you. And is there anything else you might need me to order to obtain the neck breaking speed I fiend for? I would love to be able to pull wheelies and leave pilots that have had the ATVR upgrades in the dust. I still ride with the original owner who sold me the pilots. He ended up purchasing a rzr. We need to make him regret selling his pilots and leave him in the dust. That would chap his ass.
Sorry if the details are not as descriptive as you would like. I’m new to this and not very mechanically inclined. If you have any other questions or request please ask or call 480-332-2801.

AFASTCAR- thanks for the info on the piston I’ve been shopping around and the best price I could find was $170 plus shipping

ADNOH- I wouldn’t know what to price the head, and are you sure you want it? Why would you want? All it’s done is cost me money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:19 pm 

slickrick wrote:
Thanks for helping me with my motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) HOSER.
1. ATVR completed a laundry list of items about three pages worth that totaled $5,014. I could list everything but it might take a while so ill bring the receipt to glamis to have you go over it.
2. Hours-I would say a total of 18hrs
3. I run 91 octane form my local chevron with techron
4. I use Maxima castor oil and run 32:1
5. Riding terrain is Arizona desert. Local riding areas consist of Bulldog canyon, Sycamore creek and saguaro lake. I will try to post some picks of the riding areas mentioned.
6. When the car ran it ran great. There was a huge noticeable power gain compared to my stock pilot. When breaking it in. I would warm it up utilizing the verbal instructions given to me by Luke, one of the ATVR techs. Hold the throttle about a quarter of the way until the cooling fan kicks on. I ran two tanks of gas through never holding the throttle in one position and never full throttle until running through two tanks of gas.
7. Please send an items list of whatever you needed from service Honda.
I will be ordering the parts you have suggested on Monday and hope to have them when I go to the dunes. If the parts arrive in time I will turn them over to you and pay you. And is there anything else you might need me to order to obtain the neck breaking speed I fiend for? I would love to be able to pull wheelies and leave pilots that have had the ATVR upgrades in the dust. I still ride with the original owner who sold me the pilots. He ended up purchasing a rzr. We need to make him regret selling his pilots and leave him in the dust. That would chap his ass.
Sorry if the details are not as descriptive as you would like. I’m new to this and not very mechanically inclined. If you have any other questions or request please ask or call 480-332-2801.

AFASTCAR- thanks for the info on the piston I’ve been shopping around and the best price I could find was $170 plus shipping

ADNOH- I wouldn’t know what to price the head, and are you sure you want it? Why would you want? All it’s done is cost me money.

Man- ATVR for 5000.00 plus, wow.I give you credit I would be mad as a hornet!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:42 pm 

Slickrick, I would like to play with it since it's junk. "H" did the pin slid out of the piston or did you have to press it out. Just wondering if the piston went square.