Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:52 pm 

(UT)Odyssey wrote:
nitrosport_5 wrote:
i had the same issue with it pushing oil out my vent mod, that's why i went ahead and got the rubber bellows thing so the oil wouldn't come out.

Rubber bellows? Could you post detailed pictures of your setup?

my setup is identicle, but i have this on the other side of the filter, making it a sealed systrm

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/PSC ... 17158.html

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:20 pm 

Just ordered the rubber bellow. Changed the oil, it's sitting just above the half way mark on the dip stick. I'll take it out for a spin tomorrow and see if that helped.

Thanks guys

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:27 am 

I guess I have been asleep on this one.

I wound up designing a final version of my vent modification which is a much better design than my first setup.

I modified the Ford F150 drain plug to accept a female brass barbed fitting and run I believe it's 3/8" hose to a bellows unit at the end of the hose. The bellows that I used for my final version was from a Can Am Outlander. To hold the upper end of the hose, I ran it through an old torn up FL350 factory exhaust mount with the rubber part punched out of it.

If you are interested, I can take some pictures for you. Seems the old post lost pictures after the site hack.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:33 pm 

Pictures would be great.

Took the 350 around the block a few times last night. Did a quick check and oil is still leaking. Dang it.

I'll post a few pictures this evening.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:30 am 

Did you install the plug in the stator area? If so, what did you use to plug it? I use a sheet metal screw dipped in silicone for the plug. Make sure if you use a silicone that you clean out the hole with a solvent to assure all of the oil has been removed.

Here are pictures of the vent installed.....

The first three pictures are of the wife's mounting in her Ody.

The last picture is the upper hose mounting bracket for my Ody. If the part looks familiar, it is one of the muffler mounts with the rubber part punched out.

Rand

Attachments:
File comment: Hose installed in fill plug (dip stick) hole
DSCF0772.JPG
DSCF0772.JPG [ 50.95 KiB | Viewed 602 times ]
File comment: Upper mounting bracket
DSCF0773.JPG
DSCF0773.JPG [ 55.72 KiB | Viewed 602 times ]
File comment: Bellows used.
DSCF0774.JPG
DSCF0774.JPG [ 68.02 KiB | Viewed 602 times ]
File comment: Rand's Ody upper hose guide. It's an old muffler mount with a piece of hose placed inside.
DSCF0775.JPG
DSCF0775.JPG [ 51.07 KiB | Viewed 602 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:59 pm 

Randman wrote:
Did you install the plug in the stator area? If so, what did you use to plug it? I use a sheet metal screw dipped in silicone for the plug. Make sure if you use a silicone that you clean out the hole with a solvent to assure all of the oil has been removed.

Here are pictures of the vent installed.....

The first three pictures are of the wife's mounting in her Ody.

The last picture is the upper hose mounting bracket for my Ody. If the part looks familiar, it is one of the muffler mounts with the rubber part punched out.

Rand

I used a sheet metal screw with silicone the same size Hoser used in the "Fatcat rebuild thread".

Thanks for posting the pictures Rand. Gave me a few ideas.

I'll remove everything and see if I can find the leak. Wonder if it could be left over oil that may have been in the recoil pull start.....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:09 pm 

Have you performed a leak down test to check to see if the outer crankcase seal is in good condition?

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:18 pm 

Randman wrote:
Have you performed a leak down test to check to see if the outer crankcase seal is in good condition?

Rand

I did a month or so ago. It was holding pressure, maybe another test is in order...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:27 pm 

(UT)Odyssey wrote:
Randman wrote:

Rand

I did a month or so ago. It was holding pressure, maybe another test is in order...

don't discount the oil in the recoil idea once the Engine gets hot any oil that was in the recoil could run out and make you think your leaking again?

If you remove the recoil set it in the hot sun a few days with the oil side down so it can run out??

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:40 pm 

hoser wrote:
(UT)Odyssey wrote:
Randman wrote:

Rand

don't discount the oil in the recoil idea once the Engine gets hot any oil that was in the recoil could run out and make you think your leaking again?

If you remove the recoil set it in the hot sun a few days with the oil side down so it can run out??

I'll take it off and set it in the sun. Temperature is supposed to be in the high 90's today, that should help.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:13 pm 

Take it out, dismantle it and clean it.

Rand

Profile E-mail