Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 10:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fl350 fuel tank
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:44 pm 

Ok I have a spare fuel tank from a parts fl350. I'm going to
Use electrolysis to clean out all the rust and use por15 to reseal it up. Upon finally removing the gas cap with a d23 key I had made
From the ignition sw code( thanks-BS, NITROSPORT). Looking inside the lower line has a few pieces that fell off upon shaking out all the rust and junk. The upper line goes to the bottom of the tank and looks like it may be plugged at the bottom? Do I need to somehow try to reattach these pieces or don't bother?

Randy

Attachments:
File comment: Bottom of tank
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 36.35 KiB | Viewed 1108 times ]
File comment: Where part fell off
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 59.38 KiB | Viewed 1108 times ]
File comment: Parts that fell off
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 105.07 KiB | Viewed 1108 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Fl350 fuel tank
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:30 pm 

Wow that thing is pretty rusty... Can't wait to see how the por15 takes care of it...

This is a very common problem with the pick-up line... You can leave it like this but you will have to run the petcock on reserve all the time....

The line that goes all the way to the bottom of the tank is the reserve line, you will want to take off the petcock and blow air thru the lines to make sure there is no blockage, if there is run a piece of wire thru the line... You will want to do the same thing when you por15 it to make sure the line stays clear... Hope this helps Dune Dart

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:14 pm 

Be very carefull here. My brother blew up his fresh rebuild motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) when he run out of gas. He had it on reserve at the time and tank was full but when we went riding and motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) quit his fuel filter was empty. So he leaned it out and poofkaboom. We now have both our oddy's picking up the fuel from the drain plug hole. I drilled out the drain plugs, welded on a small piece of tube to drain plug so that it wouldn't pick up any crap at bottom of tank and installed a fitting for fuel hose. Works well for us. We don't use the original set up anymore because pipes in tanks could be plugged.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:19 pm 

Can I put a short piece if hose onto the pickup to extend it down?

Randy

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:22 pm 

I think that would be more difficult than drilling out the drain plug but I don't see why it wouldn't work with some effort.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:47 pm 

Randy J. wrote:
Ok I have a spare fuel tank from a parts fl350. I'm going to
Use electrolysis to clean out all the rust and use por15 to reseal it up. Upon finally removing the gas cap with a d23 key I had made
From the ignition sw code( thanks-BS, NITROSPORT). Looking inside the lower line has a few pieces that fell off upon shaking out all the rust and junk. The upper line goes to the bottom of the tank and looks like it may be plugged at the bottom? Do I need to somehow try to reattach these pieces or don't bother?

Randy

When I looked inside my other 350 tank these parts that fell off don't look like they draw fuel any lower with them on! I also think my res line is plugged! Ill wait and see how the electrolysis works on it!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:46 pm 

Hey! Why aren't you at work? Winter layoff? If you get bored come on down. I've got about 1000 things to do but no time for any of it. Lol

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:51 pm 

Yes I'm on my winter solstice...LOL! Ill call you later I'm headin to Morris now.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:01 pm 

Randy J. wrote:
Yes I'm on my winter solstice...LOL! Ill call you later I'm headin to Morris now.

Well crap. Wish I wasn't at work. Stop by Bozo's and have a Chicago dog for me. You ate there? If you havnt and your hungry it's on 47 a little south of 80. Maybe 3/4 mile Right hand side. Great beefs to. Better than portillo's.

Profile E-mail