Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 2:55 am 

Long story short have thsee brake lines no install instructions. I'm usually pretty sharp at figuring this stuff out but for some reason this one has me up late searching for help. Anyone have experience with these and can you walk me thru the process? Lines are hooked to wheels but the T doesn't seem to be compatable with the threads on the system. And then there is the "L" bracket that has me stumped.
Thanks T.D.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:12 am 

TexasDirt wrote:
Long story short have thsee brake lines no install instructions. I'm usually pretty sharp at figuring this stuff out but for some reason this one has me up late searching for help. Anyone have experience with these and can you walk me thru the process? Lines are hooked to wheels but the T doesn't seem to be compatable with the threads on the system. And then there is the "L" bracket that has me stumped.
Thanks T.D.

You need to post pics of current setup and pics of the new cable,also try calling chucklenuts at aftershot motorspurts and see if they can help you.Where are you located in Tx?

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:00 pm 

I'm in northern Cal for now but my home is in Wood County about 20 miles north of Tyler. The buggy is with me. I don't have anything put on the car. The brake lines are too long to run per the stock routing and the supplied T fitting, while screwing into the provided lines, does not thread onto the stock hard line. The lines themself are long enough to run to master cylinder but the T has different theads than the master cylinder. Looks like tight quarters to run lines to T at mstrcylnder. I can post pix of the components if you think it would help. I did call and email chucklenuts at aftershot motorspurts to try and get instructions or help with the process...no return call and haven'/t seen an email response.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:16 pm 

Pic of parts, ?

Attachments:
FL350_Front_Brake_Lines_LRG.jpg
FL350_Front_Brake_Lines_LRG.jpg [ 50.41 KiB | Viewed 4256 times ]

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:23 pm 

TexasDirt wrote:
I'm in northern Cal for now but my home is in Wood County about 20 miles north of Tyler. The buggy is with me. I don't have anything put on the car. The brake lines are too long to run per the stock routing and the supplied T fitting, while screwing into the provided lines, does not thread onto the stock hard line. The lines themself are long enough to run to master cylinder but the T has different theads than the master cylinder. Looks like tight quarters to run lines to T at mstrcylnder. I can post pix of the components if you think it would help. I did call and email chucklenuts at aftershot motorspurts to try and get instructions or help with the process...no return call and haven'/t seen an email response.

I put this kit on mine and I remember being confused also but unfortunately I cant remember exactly what the problem was.I think that "T" that comes with it replaces some part on the pilot,I thought mine came with instructions but it was very confusing.I did get ahold of him on the phone but it wasn't easy,he did help explain it to me.I don't have easy access to mine to look at it,i'm going to try and pull it out this weekend if I'm feeling up to it{been sick}and I'll see if I can remember what I did and snap some pics

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 2:01 pm 

adnoh,
Thanks that is the complete kit (fronts on the left and rear well....on the right), except that the fronts pictured do not include the adapters to replace oem banjo fittings at the backing plate. That T fitting in my pkg does not screw into the master cylinder (incompatable threads/fitting end). Re your pic of the rear...I see a brass fitting (adapter?) that was not in my kit. Mine contained just the new line, a banjo bolt and retainer clip.
T.D.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 2:04 pm 

I stand corrected re pictures of the fronts. I see the adapters for the fronts are on the ends of the lines.
T.D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:52 pm 

Looked at my setup today,apparently I only used part of his kit because I couldnt get it installed correctly either.

Attachments:
File comment: This cable is supposed to replace stock rubber cable and screw into master cylinder,but I could not get old cable out of master cylinder so I didnt use it
IMG_0287.JPG
IMG_0287.JPG [ 35.03 KiB | Viewed 4204 times ]
IMG_8846.JPG
IMG_8846.JPG [ 42.33 KiB | Viewed 4204 times ]

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:57 pm 

I only used his cable that went to the wheels,cant remember if that "T" came with it but I was able just to screw mine into existing cable,but like I said that one cable is meant to replace stock rubber cable and I think that "L" bracket is to hold the new cable on the steering column.

Attachments:
IMG_0283.JPG
IMG_0283.JPG [ 34.21 KiB | Viewed 4203 times ]
IMG_0286.JPG
IMG_0286.JPG [ 35.94 KiB | Viewed 4203 times ]