Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:59 pm 

Mudbogger wrote:
I didnt unfortunitly to be honest-were do we go from here?
I got that piston from Sara-mabye a call to her for replacement?
Will the dremel tool help Hoser, I mena with the bore line being out will deburring it hurt the wristpin clearinces on the piston to where it will not be balanced properly?

It felt like the edge was raised that's why I broke the edge with the deburring tool, it helped but its still not right IMO call Wiseco see if it can be sent back to them for exchange, they need to see the problem it might help them with future QC.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:36 pm 

Ok I called wiseco the ONLY WAY this can be resolved is for me to send the piston back to who you bought it from and they send you a replacement then they will send it back to who ever they got it from then THEY can send it back to the factory.

The guy insisted this is the ONLY way it can happen because he has to be tied to a INVOICE haha

Amazing that a company as BIG as wiseco can NOT multi task.

I am sure the guy I talked to is happy he seems happy telling me I am SCREWED for about a WEEK or so whilst I play their game.

I know I am pissed off they cant issue a RMA like EVERYBODY ELSE!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:11 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTPbjsMzWPM

FL350 Odyssey Crankshaft Runout

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:48 pm 

hoser wrote:
Ok I called wiseco the ONLY WAY this can be resolved is for me to send the piston back to who you bought it from and they send you a replacement then they will send it back to who ever they got it from then THEY can send it back to the factory.

The guy insisted this is the ONLY way it can happen because he has to be tied to a INVOICE haha

I am sure the guy I talked to is happy he seems happy telling me I am SCREWED for about a WEEK or so whilst I play their game.

That is normal because they would have to credit EEE the wholesale price, if you returned to them as well as everyone else that has issues they would need to hire a mutt just to handle this influx. If you send it to EEE they should send you another and they will send this bad one back to Wiseco for credit to there account...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:53 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:
hoser wrote:

That is normal because they would have to credit EEE the wholesale price, if you returned to them as well as everyone else that has issues they would need to hire a mutt just to handle this influx. If you send it to EEE they should send you another and they will send this bad one back to Wiseco for credit to there account...

I don't agree, the piston is useless, its a factory defect, it don't need to go back to the middle man, the factory needs to see it so they can see whats wrong and hopefully correct the problem, who sold it does not matter I just want to exchange it, the fastest way would be for me to return directly to them and they send directly to me, you can send your cylinder to them and they will bore the cylinder and fit a piston they sold you so why cant they send me a replacement piston?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:17 pm 

hoser wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:
hoser wrote:

I don't agree, the piston is useless, its a factory defect, it don't need to go back to the middle man, the factory needs to see it so they can see whats wrong and hopefully correct the problem, who sold it does not matter I just want to exchange it, the fastest way would be for me to return directly to them and they send directly to me, you can send your cylinder to them and they will bore the cylinder and fit a piston they sold you so why cant they send me a replacement piston?

Your are right from your perspective... but it will be just as fast if you send it back to the dealer/eee and then they are in a better position to do two things, provide you with the customer service...(returning you a new piston) and they will then inspect your piston, and make suggestions to wiseco as a dealer...
This keeps wiseco input from there trusted dealers, as opposed to every backyard hack out there... You are very knowledgable but you are rare... many people with little or no experience buy these parts also...
Basically the same objective will be accomplished. triple EE will get credit for this piston.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:15 pm 

Hoser send it back to Sara-she'll mail out a new one for you.She agreed as well it seems stupid that they will not just send a replacement-so she will handle that end as far as Wiseco goes.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:17 pm 

Mudbogger wrote:
Hoser send it back to Sara-she'll mail out a new one for you.She agreed as well it seems stupid that they will not just send a replacement-so she will handle that end as far as Wiseco goes.

Shipped it today she should have it in 2-3 days..

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:31 pm 

This is unreal, how dumb can people be?

Triple E sent me back the same piston in the SAME box it looks like they just peeled off the shipping tag I put on the box and installed their shipping tag and sent it back, I don't even think the box was opened.

You want me to spend ANOTHER 11 bux to ship it back ?

This is why I wanted to send it back to wiseco.

I GOT screwed by wiseco AGAIN! I guess the wiseco curse lives on

Where is that wiseco guy that signed up for my site he needs to see this shit.

This piston now has about 10,000 shipping miles on it, wiseco to triple E, triple E to Mudbogger, Mudbogger to me, me back to triple E. Triple E back to me AND ITS STILL A POS!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:45 am 

Are you kidding me Hoser?
Holy shit-HOLY SHIT!!
Open it please if you would and perhaps take detailed pictures for me-
Triple EEE closed Saturdays I think-will try to leave message after I get confirmation from you that it is indeed the same exact piston I sent back to them-IN FACT please post here the pictures of the box and Piston if you don't mind.Let me speak to Sara about shipping refunds on this as well, this is absurb to say the least--

PS-Remember our private discussion in the chat about this topic???

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:17 am 

Mudbogger wrote:
Are you kidding me Hoser?
Holy shit-HOLY SHIT!!
Open it please if you would and perhaps take detailed pictures for me-
Triple EEE closed Saturdays I think-will try to leave message after I get confirmation from you that it is indeed the same exact piston I sent back to them-IN FACT please post here the pictures of the box and Piston if you don't mind.Let me speak to Sara about shipping refunds on this as well, this is absurb to say the least--

PS-Remember our private discussion in the chat about this topic???

I opened the box its the same piston I sent them wrapped in my paper towel.

What was the idea of me sending it back if they were just going to ship the same piston back, waste a week and 11 bux shipping?

I knew I should have sent it back to wiseco even after he said not to, I am calling the wiseco mutts back to tell them how happy I am with their product and return procedures and ask what to do next.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:03 pm 

I will try Sara today and assume it was a oversight on her or Eds part.It had better be as I had detailed exactly to her the issues with that Piston, if for some reason they had thought it wasn't a defect, they or Sara should have called me and told me-not ship it back in exactly the same box.VERY UNHAPPY with this presently

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:23 pm 

Mudbogger wrote:
I will try Sara today and assume it was a oversight on her or Eds part.It had better be as I had detailed exactly to her the issues with that Piston, if for some reason they had thought it wasn't a defect, they or Sara should have called me and told me-not ship it back in exactly the same box.VERY UNHAPPY with this presently

Again the pin pushes in no effort on one side, pin pushes in no effort on other side until it gets 3/4 through the pin hole then stops you can force it in with an abnormal pressure, how ever when the pin is all the way in and you spin it its hard soft hard soft, the line bore on the wrist pin is off or its not machined right, all I know is if its installed as is the pin will try to walk then after a wile it will wear on the clips enough to push one out, then POOFKABOOM wiseco had this problem in the early 80's clips falling out...

The whole idea of inspecting new parts before installing is to prevent problems , its a last QC check of others work, a abnormal resistance to sliding the pin in is a huge RED flag, I didnt ship the piston back asking for an opinion or someone else's blessing on using the piston or not I sent the piston back for a exchange per the mutts I talked to at wiseco.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:37 pm 

Here is scan of box.

Attachments:
mudbogger wiseco.jpg
mudbogger wiseco.jpg [ 130.57 KiB | Viewed 15460 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:56 pm 

This the same?

Attachments:
rocky mtn piston KIT.jpg
rocky mtn piston KIT.jpg [ 92.29 KiB | Viewed 15456 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:00 pm 

Here is sledpartsguy this the right piston?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-FL ... 0748QQrdZ1

US $107.97 Shipping costs: US $6.99

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:00 pm 

Yup, I'll order it right away.Triple EEE charged me $143.00 for the piston and another $11.57 for the wristpin without shipping fees and I got a defect-

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:02 pm 

http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16721/350page.html

Looks like he is
WISECO piston for the true 350 (PS, P2, P4) w/ rings, wrist pin & circlips Specify Size in comment box $109.00
WISECO piston for the true 350 (P6 & P8) w/ rings, wrist pin & circlips Specify Size in comment box $120.00

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:06 pm 

This guy is charging 99 bux FREE shipping he have the right size?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/honda-od ... QQtcZphoto

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:13 pm 

Mudbogger wrote:
Yup, I'll order it right away.Triple EEE charged me $143.00 for the piston and another $11.57 for the wristpin without shipping fees and I got a defect-

How come Triple E is NOT selling a "KIT" and including the pin like everybody else, this a hidden scam??

Your buddy the Aftermutt wants $139.95 for one...

It takes him a week to drill the holes for 19.95 lol I do that for FREE with your PilotOdyssey.com FREE bore.

"""Drill lube/cooling holes in piston (up to one week delay in shipping) $19.95""""

No dealz on his site time to move on...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:19 pm 

Purchased from sledpartsguy-I'll let you know what transpires at Triple EEE when I speak to Sara-I am hopeful a full refund is in order-then I'll let her know of the huge price difference that's out there-LOL

Got to be honest here-I have had nothing but good luck with Triple EEE FOR MANY YEARS-but this has happened to me once before with them, parts only IT seems to be an issue and it really just puts a bad taste in my mouth-I know I can get this stuff cheaper but I prefer to order from long standing members of the Pilot-odyssey community like Sara and Ed-but in this instance IT MAKES ME THINK about shopping online and perhaps mabye using others, they sure are cheaper -alot more than what I have paid for a defective line bore Wiseco piston FROM TRIPLE EEE.Plus, my motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) is at Hosers still, I have paid 2 time for shipping fees to Triple EEE not including Hosers 11 bucks as well.sEE THE LINK, FREE SHIPPING AND ONLY 99 BUCKS FOR SAME KIT-am I crazy???43 bucks less than Triple EEE and hopefully not defective.Please let me know if I am crazy for thinking this way guys

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/honda-od ... QQtcZphoto

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:22 pm 

Mudbogger wrote:
Purchased from sledpartsguy-I'll let you know what transpires at Triple EEE when I speak to Sara-I am hopeful a full refund is in order-then I'll let her know of the huge price difference that's out there-LOL

I have had past purchase experience with sledpartsguy everything went as planned and perfect, I give him a 10+
let me know if you feel any different its been a while since my last purchase.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:34 pm 

hoser wrote:
Mudbogger wrote:

I have had past purchase experience with sledpartsguy everything went as planned and perfect, I give him a 10+
let me know if you feel any different its been a while since my last purchase.

No, I agree.I have purchased many Comet 94c clutches from him and always had good dealings, inlandatv I have bought from as well, but in some instances the parts werent as described so I am going for a couple of bucks more to get exactly what I need from sledpartsguy.I'll let you know on expected delivery date Hoser when he supplies it, I expect it to go out in todays mail as he has great shipping in my memory serves me.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:49 pm 

Sledpartsguy piston came USPS this afternoon, the box it was shipped in looks new like it has never been shipped TWO thumbs up for USPS.

Out of the box the piston pin glides through like normal with no effort, no tight spots what so ever... :-)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:31 pm 

hoser wrote:
Sledpartsguy piston came USPS this afternoon, the box it was shipped in looks new like it has never been shipped TWO thumbs up for USPS.

Out of the box the piston pin glides through like normal with no effort, no tight spots what so ever... :-)

SWEET deal, spoke to Ed himself today and he is persistant in the fact that the old Wiseco he and Sara sold me is perfectly ok-mabye we have a video on it by chance?

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next