Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:07 am 

Hey David, I may have one spare good crank I can give up but I will need it replaced by spring time. Let me know if You need it.I know, I have a jug here too. Been bar tonight hopping so my typing is kinda offtonight.

Gary :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:35 am 

Nuke Em wrote:
Hey David, I may have one spare good crank I can give up but I will need it replaced by spring time. Let me know if You need it.I know, I have a jug here too. Been bar tonight hopping so my typing is kinda offtonight.

Gary :-)

LOL Bar hopping in Wyoming... I remember the first time I went thru wy I was amased at how many bars there were in the small towns LOL If you don't mind send it to Hoser, and I will order you one that you need for your project!!! Or is it going to be the same crank???

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:36 pm 

The cases took a pretty good hit, I need a new crank case gasket so I can see just how far the cases were pushed out and if they will seal again (the gasket match the cases where they were pushed out) if that's ok then lapping them will make them usable again..

Attachments:
DSC03562.JPG
DSC03562.JPG [ 73.85 KiB | Viewed 7521 times ]
DSC03563.JPG
DSC03563.JPG [ 76.91 KiB | Viewed 7521 times ]
DSC03564.JPG
DSC03564.JPG [ 69.97 KiB | Viewed 7521 times ]
DSC03567.JPG
DSC03567.JPG [ 75.49 KiB | Viewed 7521 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:39 pm 

I have some gaskets at home... :o( Or it might be easier to rder and ship set to you... I might not be home for a few more days...

OK does honda have a package set??? Or do I need to go aftermarket???

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:47 pm 

Weed has complete 350 Versah gasket kits. Anybody used Versah?, they any good?, good fit etc...Randy said Honda base gasket and case half gaskets are all gone. He gets some of his parts from Service Honda. You might check with Hillside or Mario at Palmetto Motorsports in California for Honda gaskets. Also it doesnt look like ATVR did any starter mods. The pic with the arrow shows the hole they were supposed to seal up,I wonder if they at least vented the counterbalancer oil side of case?

Attachments:
dsc03525_180[1].jpg
dsc03525_180[1].jpg [ 93.79 KiB | Viewed 7489 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:08 pm 

stix9567 wrote:
Weed has complete 350 Versah gasket kits. Anybody used Versah?, they any good?, good fit etc...Randy said Honda base gasket and case half gaskets are all gone. He gets some of his parts from Service Honda. You might check with Hillside or Mario at Palmetto Motorsports in California for Honda gaskets. Also it doesnt look like ATVR did any starter mods. The pic with the arrow shows the hole they were supposed to seal up,I wonder if they at least vented the counterbalancer oil side of case?

I have used Versah before and they would be my first choice if going after market on the gaskets.

I will take a closer look but I don't think any part of his oil venting was ever changed or modified.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:10 pm 

wouldn't surprise me... oil thing...
I have a vesrah kit at home I forgot to ship, It is missing the head gasket and base gasket and exhaust and carb...
so I will send that one and order a second set for you to have for such occasions as this...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:52 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:
wouldn't surprise me... oil thing...
I have a vesrah kit at home I forgot to ship, It is missing the head gasket and base gasket and exhaust and carb...
so I will send that one and order a second set for you to have for such occasions as this...

try to get the aluminum cylinder base gasket from Honda that one work and seal better then the vesah set has

speedchaser :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:47 am 

UPDATE

Box of parts came yesterday, bearings seals gasket kit, I assume since you have the Pilot I can wait until next week to start work on your Engine? Working the weekend, should be laid off Monday :-)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:17 am 

hoser wrote:
UPDATE

Box of parts came yesterday, bearings seals gasket kit, I assume since you have the Pilot I can wait until next week to start work on your Engine? Working the weekend, should be laid off Monday :-)

No problem! My biggest worry is that the case halves are going to be usable! The sooner we find that out, the sooner we can figure out the plan of action on the head and crank... Gary has a head he wants to swap out with me. He is planning a bigger bore and doesn't want to waste a good stock liner... and I bought the pilot just so you could have the time you needed to do this up right LOL

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:04 am 

were you able to find the time to see if these case halves were going to be salvagable? before I dump a bunch of money into the pilot, I would like to determine what path I need to take on this project!
Thank You!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:41 am 

Turbotexas wrote:
were you able to find the time to see if these case halves were going to be salvagable? before I dump a bunch of money into the pilot, I would like to determine what path I need to take on this project!
Thank You!!!

Yup cases are good thought I told you that before I left on my last trip?

You still need to find a crank?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:23 am 

hoser wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:
Thank You!!!

Yup cases are good thought I told you that before I left on my last trip?

You still need to find a crank?

nope I don't remember if you did! LOL
I will try to get a crank to you after the holidays... Gary should be home soon, and you can send him my old jug, I will pay for shipping both ways, as he will send one back to you... I am thinking about sending it to hillside to have them put a water jacket around it too maybe even have it ported by them??? Or would you want to do the porting? Nothing major just a good clean flow and reliability more than anything!
I miss my Ody he he

Enjoy your trip with your son!

Last bumped by hoser on Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:23 am.

Profile E-mail