Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:30 pm 

This is the Engine that came with TurboTexas Triple E car.

After about 2 cans of carb cleaner and a bunch of scrubbing I got the crank cases clean enough to see one of the Engine mounts was broken off then welded back on but the repair is worthless might as well used duct tape.

They didnt even clean the weld affected zone just tried to weld it back on, then its not welded on straight.

I would start looking for another set of cases.

Attachments:
DSC08758.JPG [61.72 KiB]
Downloaded 139 times
DSC08766.JPG [64.73 KiB]
Downloaded 139 times
DSC08767.JPG [67.48 KiB]
Downloaded 139 times
DSC08770.JPG [57.43 KiB]
Downloaded 139 times
DSC08771.JPG [65.96 KiB]
Downloaded 139 times
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:32 pm 

The lobes of the crank shaft have some rust on them but the rod feels good don't appear to be rusted.

Attachments:
DSC08759.JPG [75.91 KiB]
Downloaded 138 times
DSC08760.JPG [65.98 KiB]
Downloaded 138 times
DSC08761.JPG [78.29 KiB]
Downloaded 138 times
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:33 pm 

As found side case

Attachments:
DSC08762.JPG [85.8 KiB]
Downloaded 138 times
DSC08763.JPG [82.65 KiB]
Downloaded 138 times
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:36 pm 

Cylinder is on 82mm bore and needs bored, can you get anything bigger than a 82mm ?

Attachments:
DSC08785.JPG [79.71 KiB]
Downloaded 136 times
DSC08776.JPG [51.67 KiB]
Downloaded 136 times
DSC08777.JPG [54.85 KiB]
Downloaded 136 times
DSC08781.JPG [63.24 KiB]
Downloaded 136 times
DSC08782.JPG [60.24 KiB]
Downloaded 136 times
DSC08784.JPG [57.81 KiB]
Downloaded 136 times
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:37 pm 

Stock reed cage after market reeds that need replaced.

Attachments:
DSC08786.JPG [94.53 KiB]
Downloaded 136 times
DSC08788.JPG [86.88 KiB]
Downloaded 136 times
File comment: Silicone homo strikes again, what a dip shit!
DSC08790.JPG [67.18 KiB]
Downloaded 136 times
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:38 pm 

The intake manifold is a desirable item and is in good condition this can be used on your Pilot with the 39mm carb.

Attachments:
DSC08793.JPG [95.03 KiB]
Downloaded 136 times
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:39 pm 

The cylinder has been liquid cooled but someone removed one of the hose fittings then beat the shit out of it with a hammer?

Attachments:
DSC08796.JPG [52 KiB]
Downloaded 136 times
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:40 pm 

Someone used a axe to remove the cylinder nuts?

Attachments:
DSC08801.JPG [55.41 KiB]
Downloaded 136 times
DSC08802.JPG [65.65 KiB]
Downloaded 136 times
DSC08803.JPG
DSC08803.JPG [ 52.41 KiB | Viewed 297 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:41 pm 

ALL of the ignition system is missing even the flywheel key.

Attachments:
DSC08764.JPG [79.41 KiB]
Downloaded 136 times
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:42 pm 

IT came with a liquid cooled head maybe a RAND brand?

The combustion chamber and gasket surface has damage, I can repair in the lathe if someone can give me the dimensions to cut the head too. .

Attachments:
DSC08773.JPG [78.12 KiB]
Downloaded 136 times
DSC08774.JPG [79.67 KiB]
Downloaded 136 times
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:56 pm 

Should have expected as much! Not real happy about this great news?!?!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:16 pm 

wow that looks like to cylinder that I got off eBay
do you know who built it ?

http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7466

speedchaser

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:28 pm 

speedchaser wrote:

speedchaser

If you still have it apart blueprint the dome please.

Not sure what Turbo will want to do with this but you think that crank case Engine mount is worth repairing, what do you think you would charge to cut off where they attempted to weld it then weld it back on properly? I assume you would need to make a holding fixture based off a good Engine to hold the part in place while your welding?

You have any pics of the water fitting on the side of the cylinder that is missing from Turbo's?

Thanks.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:59 pm 

hoser wrote:
speedchaser wrote:

speedchaser

Not sure what Turbo will want to do with this but you think that crank case Engine mount is worth repairing, what do you think you would charge to cut off where they attempted to weld it then weld it back on properly? I assume you would need to make a holding fixture based off a good Engine to hold the part in place while your welding?

You have any pics of the water fitting on the side of the cylinder that is missing from Turbo's?

Thanks.

yes its still apart will blue print the chamber this week and pics of water port
did they have o-rings in the three spots plus a stock head gasket

as for the Engine mount is the Engine being disassembled would only need the one side would have to cut all the old weld off
and reweld . that looks like they arced welded it or torch welded it .

I could fix that for about 45 to 60 plus ship but would need to be disassembled with no bearing or seals

speedchaser

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:28 pm 

speedchaser wrote:
hoser wrote:
speedchaser wrote:

speedchaser

Thanks.

yes its still apart will blue print the chamber this week and pics of water port

as for the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) mount is the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) being disassembled would only need the one side would have to cut all the old weld off

I could fix that for about 45 to 60 plus ship but would need to be disassembled with no bearing or seals

speedchaser

Engine came apart no idea on the seals for the head assumed it used orings or a rubber washer of some sort might have to experiment a little to make it work.

Interested in installing a sleeve in the cylinder?

Not sure what turbo will want to do with this Engine, if he is selling his 350 I don't see where he has a need for a spare.

I will look closer at the head but I assume the holes could be threaded and plugs installed then the dome re-cut and the head used on a regular air cooled 350?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:41 pm 

Before we go to fixing on this let's look at what we got!!! An intake manifold that doesn't look like the stock offset one! A "water cooled" jug with a big f'ing LEAK!!! A jug on it's last bore??? Unless Ed re-sleeved this before he installed into the triple EEE! If I remember right the crank rod is only thing that might be usuable???
Kinda like the car it came out of nothing but a money pit!!!
I had hopes of this being a good "built" motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) with just a hole where the fitting was, but boy howdy was I wrong!!!
Is there enough steel to get a bigger bore out of this? Does the crank rod look like a stock length? I am wondering if this was a 360cc class limit Engine or bigger once they up'ed the limit to 500cc's
speedchaser wrote:
hoser wrote:
speedchaser wrote:

speedchaser

Thanks.

as for the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) mount is the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) being disassembled would only need the one side would have to cut all the old weld off

speedchaser

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:09 am 

Turbotexas wrote:
An intake manifold that doesn't look like the stock offset one!

well if you don't want this item, we should talk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:30 am 

fully wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:
An intake manifold that doesn't look like the stock offset one!

well if you don't want this item, we should talk

Sorry Charlie... It's the ONLY thing usable... LMAO

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:14 am 

Damn David, you do have some crappy luck! You need parts, let me know. I bet that Engine was in the limited 360cc class.

Gary

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:00 pm 

This is not a EEE motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )). That was the original top end off my briggs car. (the way you have it, is the way we received it) The bottom end was also out of a briggs car - the reason no ignition system is in there - they used a full msd ignition set up, turned 13,000rpm. I would tear the bottom end apart to inspect as they didn't last a normal life cycle at those rpm's. I wonder who welded those motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) mount ears back on?? Looks pretty recent?

Nuke Em wrote:
Damn David, you do have some crappy luck! You need parts, let me know. I bet that Engine was in the limited 360cc class.

Gary

Always bad luck to score a free briggs motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? ))? Worth it just to have one to copy IMO.
I'll take it then if your going to toss it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:12 pm 

King Kx wrote:
This is not a EEE motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )). That was the original top end off my briggs car. (the way you have it, is the way we received it) The bottom end was also out of a briggs car - the reason no ignition system is in there - they used a full msd ignition set up, turned 13,000rpm. I would tear the bottom end apart to inspect as they didn't last a normal life cycle at those rpm's. I wonder who welded those motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) mount ears back on?? Looks pretty recent?

Nuke Em wrote:

Gary

Always bad luck to score a free briggs motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? ))? Worth it just to have one to copy IMO.

Welds were not recent, the whole Engine was covered in oil, dirt, dust, you name it I spent about an hour cleaning it up to what you see now with mineral sprits and brushes.

Bottom end will be disassembled and inspected for sure and receive fresh bearings/seals/gaskets.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:39 am 

I was told this came out of the eee when the previos owner swapped out the sled motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? ))...

King Kx wrote:

Nuke Em wrote:

Gary

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:23 pm 

Any updates on this? I would be interested in this to put into the triple eee since i'm having such issues with the sled motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) mount breaking all the time! Build it up as good as you always do!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:24 pm 

pictures are gone!

hoser wrote:
This is the Engine that came with TurboTexas Triple E car.

After about 2 cans of carb cleaner and a bunch of scrubbing I got the crank cases clean enough to see one of the Engine mounts was broken off then welded back on but the repair is worthless might as well used duct tape.

They didnt even clean the weld affected zone just tried to weld it back on, then its not welded on straight.

I would start looking for another set of cases.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 12:30 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:
Any updates on this? I would be interested in this to put into the triple eee since i'm having such issues with the sled motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) ((Internal Combustion Engine?)) mount breaking all the time! Build it up as good as you always do!!!

No updates you told me to quit spending all your money so I did I was all fired up ready to make that POS run again lol, your just no fun hurry up win the lotto so I can help you spend again will ya !!

Do you have the required Engine mount? $$$$

Do you have the ignition system and wiring harness including flywheel, stator, CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition), coil you need it all this Engine just has the block 100% of the ignition system is missing $$$$$

Min were looking at, new bearings seals gasket set, send the cases and crank to Speedchaser for inspection and repair, new sleeve installed in the cylinder, cylinder welded up for coolant fitting, piston kit, labor, shipping.

Without the ignition system my guess is your talking
120 bux for crank seals bearings
150 bux piston kit
120 bux sleeve
120 bux intall sleeve
60 bux in shipping not including shipping the Engine back to you when finished that's would be 70+ bux
300 bux for my labor
no idea on speedchasers charges to repair the cases etc. send him a PM or email ask...
If the rod on the crank needs replaced figure another 150+ bux
Many of the required nuts and bolts studs are missing those that are here are in bad condition rusted damaged etc. budget another 25 bux for fasteners

Reality is and I am guessing here it will cost you 1200 bux min to swap back over the 350 Engine not including a pipe and the Engine mount hopefully you already have.

I would have a new Engine mount fabricated and use the sled Engine, can you remove the Engine mount send it out to be duplicated or do they need the whole machine?

Be cool if you could just send the Engine mount out to be duplicated then you could make the changes fixes mods you need to do for the transmission and the rest of the frame.

Exactly what Engine do you have, make model etc. I bet you can buy a complete spare Engine for less than it will cost you to just sleeve that 350 cylinder you have.

With everything I see this Engine needs I see no value in this Engine regardless of the fancy water cooled head or not, the head was modified to work with this cylinder, I will look at the head again later and see if the mods can be undone and the head used on a regular FL350 with a air cooled cylinder you should be able to sell the head to another 350 owner looking to liquid cool his head, maybe get 175-200 bux?

I could split the cases and inspect the crank if its still usable you could sell for 75-100 bux as a used crank?

Until the crank cases are repaired and the cylinder welded up and a new sleeve installed they are worth scrap price, maybe 5 bux? they would be worth something to me because some day I am going to get a welder so I can start welding aluminum then I would repair I also am going today to see what I need to buy so I can install cylinder sleeves.

Profile E-mail