Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Clutch Tuning
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:45 am 

CVT

Attachments:
AAEN CLUTCH TUNING 1b (Medium).jpg
AAEN CLUTCH TUNING 1b (Medium).jpg [ 82.51 KiB | Viewed 12915 times ]
AAEN CLUTCH TUNING 1c (Medium).jpg
AAEN CLUTCH TUNING 1c (Medium).jpg [ 90.26 KiB | Viewed 12915 times ]
AAEN CLUTCH TUNING 2 (Medium).jpg
AAEN CLUTCH TUNING 2 (Medium).jpg [ 83.48 KiB | Viewed 12915 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:35 pm 

Great info for those that don't have the book......mine disappeared some time ago.

Your always on it Hoser.

Tom

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:17 pm 

Thanks for the awsome info again Hoser your the man.

Post subject: Re: Clutch Tuning
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:25 pm 

What will take the Wooble and viberation out or at least help with it? I am getting wooble and viberation bad along with noise, it is a standard Salsbury clutch on a fl350 and I'm sure it is worn out but it still works good as far as pulling. Any help? Thanks Billy

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:19 pm 

birvin wrote:
What will take the Wooble and viberation out or at least help with it? I am getting wooble and viberation bad along with noise, it is a standard Salsbury clutch on a fl350 and I'm sure it is worn out but it still works good as far as pulling. Any help? Thanks Billy

More than likely the center shaft bushing is worn causing the wobble.

My suggestion is to dump the stock Salsbury and go with a new or used Comet clutch. If you want like stock performance, go with the 94C. If you want a little more bite, faster take off and a little more adjustment, go with the 102C.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:20 pm 

birvin wrote:

I hope I am wrong but if it is wobbling that bad you crank may have slipped

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:10 pm 

rarerat wrote:
birvin wrote:

I hope I am wrong but if it is wobbling that bad you crank may have slipped

Agreed pull the drive clutch check to see if the crank has a wobble, you also can take apart the stock clutch look for broken worn or missing plastic bushings, worn out rollers etc.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:50 pm 

I will pull it this weekend and check it. Iam getting a 94c from fatcat, it is used but maybe it will be better. I will still check the stock one just to learn. What do you mean about the crank slipping? Do you mean the clutch slipping on the crank? Thanks Billy

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:58 pm 

birvin wrote:
I will pull it this weekend and check it. Iam getting a 94c from fatcat, it is used but maybe it will be better. I will still check the stock one just to learn. What do you mean about the crank slipping? Do you mean the clutch slipping on the crank? Thanks Billy

When they assemble the crankshafts they are just a pin that is pressed into the half's of the crank you can actually twist the crank on the pin then it will make the ends wobble, usually its a sudden stop that makes it slip on the pin.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6929
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/crankshaft11.htm
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6929

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:16 am 

Everytime I read something on here I learn more and more! I didn't get a chance to pull my clutch this weekend, the opertunity came up to ride so I just had to do it. LOL But I did watch how the clutch was working and found that the inside belt area is not wobbling that I can tell just the outside part of the clutch is. That makes me think that the center bearing is worn out. I am going to pull it ASAP and tear it down and see. I will try to post some pics also. Thanks Billy

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:31 am 

Ok pulled my clutch and found the problem. It is worn out. Lol but the center bearing is the problem.

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 84.64 KiB | Viewed 12437 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:02 am 

birvin wrote:
Ok pulled my clutch and found the problem. It is worn out. Lol but the center bearing is the problem.

That could be a problem heh now what?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:24 am 

Another clutch. But I already got another one from a guy on here and I cleaned it up and rekeyed it, I put it on last night and it took out the vibration and the wooble. Fatcat is going to send me a comet 94c soon and I will try it. But I did find that this stock clutch has a lower engagement then my old one did and that is good. But I am thinking about playing around with my old clutch and make a new center bearing and try a couple of other things that I have been thinking about just to see where it will end up. I can't hurt it so it is a good pratice toy to try things out on. Thanks Billy

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:34 am 

birvin wrote:
Another clutch. But I already got another one from a guy on here and I cleaned it up and rekeyed it, I put it on last night and it took out the vibration and the wooble. Fatcat is going to send me a comet 94c soon and I will try it. But I did find that this stock clutch has a lower engagement then my old one did and that is good. But I am thinking about playing around with my old clutch and make a new center bearing and try a couple of other things that I have been thinking about just to see where it will end up. I can't hurt it so it is a good pratice toy to try things out on. Thanks Billy

Cool, document what you do might help others in the future :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:39 am 

I will, I ask one time on here about where the hottest area was on the Engine and where should I put a cooling fan, I got alot of answeres and it was a big help. So I made me a fan from a heater blower motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) from a 1968 ford f-100 and it works really good. I am going to do a post about it with some pics soon. Cheap but works and maybe it can help others. Thanks Billy

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:09 pm 

birvin wrote:
I will, I ask one time on here about where the hottest area was on the Engine and where should I put a cooling fan, I got alot of answeres and it was a big help. So I made me a fan from a heater blower motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) ((Internal Combustion Engine?)) from a 1968 ford f-100 and it works really good. I am going to do a post about it with some pics soon. Cheap but works and maybe it can help others. Thanks Billy

Would sure like to see some pics of that heater blower installation.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:30 am 

I will try to get the pics on here this weekend. It works great. Thanks Billy

Profile E-mail