Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:42 pm 

Tech. is January 12th. and the race is the 13th.

UTV's race at 8:00 am, the big trucks race at noon.

To pass Tech. you must have wrist restraints or nets, horn, fire extinguisher and blue or amber rear light.

Anyone near by come down and race your Pilot or Odyssey or just come and watch, it should be a great day.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:52 am 

Are you going to be competing?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:30 pm 

go oddy wrote:
Are you going to be competing?

Yes sir, if my camera will work right I will take some video.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:11 pm 

Awesome. Best of luck!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:05 am 

go oddy wrote:
Awesome. Best of luck!

Thank you Sir.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:24 am 

Awesome! good luck

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:27 am 

redskinman wrote:
Awesome! good luck

Thank you Sir, much appreciated.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:57 pm 

Get video steve and enjoy

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:59 am 

Mudbogger wrote:

Thank you Sir.

Well you will not believe this until I post some pics which I will do later, I snapped yes snapped my left front lower control arm, 1 inch. .095 Chromoly.

Also lost my camera which depending on where it broke off would have had some great video, one spot I missed a cut off on the track because of a big wash out, I went right through it, 2 big wash out spots with 2 little tiny high spots that I centered on top of and hoped for the best, the 2 spots ended and it was fun from there, I ended up getting tossed around hard and shot out the right side of it straight in to the air and landed in the weeds, I saw nothing but blue sky for a moment but she landed on her feet and off we went.

I broke my left front lower arm 2/3 of the way through the second lap, they were 17 mile laps on a very very rough course. We were running 6 laps. Stinks because I was second to start with only a 2017 Yamaha YXZ or YFZ 1000 with 18 inches of wheel travel in front of me, I got around him 1/4 of the first lap. His copilot told me later that after I got around them I was gone, they could not see me, he also said that there driver was pushing very hard to catch me which resulted in them having an accident. The Driver had to go to the hospital with a hurt back but I am told he is OK. Quite a few people had accidents, mostly the quads and bikes, no serious injuries thank goodness.

I would say more but I have to go and unload my broke baby and then my wife and I are going to go and look for my camera, I think I lost it on the spot where I missed the cutoff and went through a big wash out.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:57 pm 

scpilot66 wrote:
Mudbogger wrote:

Thank you Sir.

Well you will not believe this until I post some pics which I will do later, I snapped yes snapped my left front lower control arm, 1 inch. .095 Chromoly.

Also lost my camera which depending on where it broke off would have had some great video, one spot I missed a cut off on the track because of a big wash out, I went right through it, 2 big wash out spots with 2 little tiny high spots that I centered on top of and hoped for the best, the 2 spots ended and it was fun from there, I ended up getting tossed around hard and shot out the right side of it straight in to the air and landed in the weeds, I saw nothing but blue sky for a moment but she landed on her feet and off we went.

I broke my left front lower arm 2/3 of the way through the second lap, they were 17 mile laps on a very very rough course. We were running 6 laps. Stinks because I was second to start with only a 2017 Yamaha YXZ or YFZ 1000 with 18 inches of wheel travel in front of me, I got around him 1/4 of the first lap. His copilot told me later that after I got around them I was gone, they could not see me, he also said that there driver was pushing very hard to catch me which resulted in them having an accident. The Driver had to go to the hospital with a hurt back but I am told he is OK. Quite a few people had accidents, mostly the quads and bikes, no serious injuries thank goodness.

I would say more but I have to go and unload my broke baby and then my wife and I are going to go and look for my camera, I think I lost it on the spot where I missed the cutoff and went through a big wash out.

Awesome!
I hope you find the camera! And glad you did not get injured

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:24 pm 

I saw that short clip on Facebook where you landed sideways, great save...sucks about the broken part but I bet it was a blast, especially passing and putting distance on the UTV’s.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:29 pm 

So,couldnt find camera? :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:53 pm 

Never did find my Go Pro but here are a couple of pics. from the race.

Attachments:
SNC10021.JPG
SNC10021.JPG [ 93.28 KiB | Viewed 3767 times ]
SNC10030.JPG
SNC10030.JPG [ 49.79 KiB | Viewed 3767 times ]
SNC10031.JPG
SNC10031.JPG [ 43.21 KiB | Viewed 3767 times ]
SNC10032.JPG
SNC10032.JPG [ 44.48 KiB | Viewed 3767 times ]
SNC10033.JPG
SNC10033.JPG [ 84.67 KiB | Viewed 3767 times ]
SNC10034.JPG
SNC10034.JPG [ 75.93 KiB | Viewed 3767 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:54 pm 

Couple more.

Attachments:
SNC10035.JPG
SNC10035.JPG [ 68.63 KiB | Viewed 3767 times ]
SNC10036.JPG
SNC10036.JPG [ 77.79 KiB | Viewed 3767 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:36 pm 

Wheres the video rppjr was referencing?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:52 pm 

HERe is the link but I’m pretty sure you can only view through Facebook. I don’t know how or if it can be converted to watch if you aren’t on fb. The video would have to upload to you tube and then everyone could watch it. https://www.facebook.com/chrisharalson/ ... 403908954/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:11 pm 

Rppjr wrote:
HERe is the link but I’m pretty sure you can only view through Facebook. I don’t know how or if it can be converted to watch if you aren’t on fb. The video would have to upload to you tube and then everyone could watch it. https://www.facebook.com/chrisharalson/ ... 403908954/

Thanks it worked but wish it was a longer clip !

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:50 am 

Yeah I was hoping for some fire road full speed run with a jump at the end but I’ll take what I can get.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:23 pm 

scpilot66 wrote:
Couple more.

Oh my !!
I wonder if all those long travel Pilots should have the bottom A arm fish/skid plated ??
Obviously more going on there in the suspension than I thought. I would have thought that an A arm would break between shock and wheel and not behind the shock.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:19 pm 

CO, yes it should most after market Racey arm have a plate on bottom that help take up the shock load. With the shock location and wheel rate that far up the arm it subseptable and to breakage form all the welding. I would say it broke there due to the additional tube supporting the arm close to the wheel.
Also look at the stock Honda pilot arm . Good old Honda once again on top of it. This is why on mine I move the shock closer to the wheel on the lower arm. Not only better wheel rate also softer spring rate for bottom out poundage.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:22 pm 

CO, yes it should most after market Racey arm have a plate on bottom that help take up the shock load. With the shock location and wheel rate that far up the arm it subseptable and to breakage form all the welding. I would say it broke there due to the additional tube supporting the arm close to the wheel.
Also look at the stock Honda pilot arm . Good old Honda once again on top of it. This is why on mine I move the shock closer to the wheel on the lower arm. Not only better wheel rate also softer spring rate for bottom out poundage.

I should also add look at the arms in the other post for new long travel . Same thing no plate or reforcment with with shock mount further up the arm. . The plate is welded along the bottom not all the way around and spread the load out. Not to big as the tube need to have some flex.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:36 pm 

adnoh wrote:

I should also add look at the arms in the other post for new long travel . Same thing no plate or reforcment with with shock mount further up the arm. . The plate is welded along the bottom not all the way around and spread the load out. Not to big as the tube need to have some flex.

I am by no means a suspension guy, but I look at stuff from a millwrights point of view, and that's what I see. That could have caused a very bad wreck and then the machine would be smashed up and you wouldn't know what caused the accident. You probably would have thought the A arm got smashed during the big crash. Yeah I like your idea of mounting the shock close to the wheel. But like I said, I am no suspension guy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:43 pm 

Dang Steve I wish I could have been there to see it, but I'll bet every one of them side x side guys are still talking about the old "Red Baron" that flew past them WFO! :shock: :-)

Sucks about the broken control arm but I know you will fix it & it will be better than ever.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:15 pm 

Chromoly and HAZ, tricky stuff.

I'm guessing it broke right at the weld of the cross tube.

Cool stuff , so cool you got out and went for it.

Is that a fire rated driving suit? :-)