Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 3:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:58 pm 

http://downsouthoffroad.com/" ."..
This is where I do most of my riding,its not too far away and its pretty cool.A river runs thru park so it has a beach area with homemade waterslide.They have about 10 small bodies of water inside park.In one part they just opened up a "blob".You jump off a platform onto a air pillow that sends someone into water.Its ok,but i'd like the platform to be higher :-) Both slide and blob can be seen in video.
I changed my camera mount,kinda like the angle,I need to get a better camera though
This place charges 10 bucks a person and 5 for each ATV,what is the going rate for places ya'll ride?

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:06 pm 

who is that skinny guy in your ody?
:) :-) :shock:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:07 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:
who is that skinny guy in your ody?
:) :-) :shock:

Im trying :-)
Less weight
More gray :shock:

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:53 pm 

How much do I pay? Usually its free (BLM Land) but if I go to Walker River Resort, ridding's free but you have to pay to camp 40 bucks a night! For Sand Mountain we buy a yearly pass for 90 bucks!

Uh............am I imagining things or are you using a screw driver to jumper the solenoid to start that thing?

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:11 pm 

Randman wrote:
How much do I pay? Usually its free (BLM Land) but if I go to Walker River Resort, ridding's free but you have to pay to camp 40 bucks a night! For Sand Mountain we buy a yearly pass for 90 bucks!

Uh............am I imagining things or are you using a screw driver to jumper the solenoid to start that thing?

Rand

LOL,no your not imagining things,still havent figured out why my starter button isnt working,Ive basically given up

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:43 pm 

I had starter issues mine and it turned out to be a corroded starter button. Have you disassembled the button and sanded the contact points and the small coil spring within it?

Do you have continuity on both sides of the starter button? The starter buttons on these things are temperamental and if they get any corrosion in them the switch will not complete the circuit and the starter will not engage.

You can check the starter button easily by making a small jumper wire and then jumping the wires together that lead to the starter button. If the starter engages, then you know your button is faulty. More than likely it is corroded and just needs a little clean up.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:59 pm 

edit

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:01 pm 

Randman wrote:
I had starter issues mine and it turned out to be a corroded starter button. Have you disassembled the button and sanded the contact points and the small coil spring within it?
Do you have continuity on both sides of the starter button? The starter buttons on these things are temperamental and if they get any corrosion in them the switch will not complete the circuit and the starter will not engage.

You can check the starter button easily by making a small jumper wire and then jumping the wires together that lead to the starter button. If the starter engages, then you know your button is faulty. More than likely it is corroded and just needs a little clean up.

Rand

Yes Ive done that.I will try bypassing it with jumper wire and see but button looks in good shape

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:08 pm 

redskinman wrote:
Randman wrote:

Rand

Yes Ive done that.I will try bypassing it with jumper wire and see but button looks in good shape

The button doesn't have to look bad or cruddy to be bad. The small spring within the button is the what transfers the power to the starter solenoid. I have found that the top and base of the spring become corroded as well as the areas on the little circuit card they come into contact with. Make sure you have sanded each end of the spring as well as the area on the little circuit card and the button where the spring contacts and try again.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:25 pm 

Randman wrote:
redskinman wrote:
Randman wrote:

Rand

The button doesn't have to look bad or cruddy to be bad. The small spring within the button is the what transfers the power to the starter solenoid. I have found that the top and base of the spring become corroded as well as the areas on the little circuit card they come into contact with. Make sure you have sanded each end of the spring as well as the area on the little circuit card and the button where the spring contacts and try again.

Rand

I havent pulled off button in a while,but when I did check it,it never looked corroded to begin with.But I pulled it out and sanded it anyway,I think my problem is further down the line somewhere.There was a thread devoted to my problem,tried several things,nothing worked.I didnt try bypassing the button though with a jumper wire,I will try that and see