Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 1:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:10 pm 

Its finally starting to cool down to a warm 100 degrees from the 118 plus we have been having, we also got some rain the other day after a ground cracking drought. Actually its been around 85 to 90 here lately. Yous guys need to post here if and when yall wanna go ridin!! Im putting the bug in everyones ear so post up some dates we all can work with. Dueces Wild Campgrounds is where we will stay and anyone can stay at the Little Saharas campsite too, everything is pretty close. We might even get TurboTexas in on this one,I still havnt rode with that rascal yet.

I think anyone subscribed to this thread or watching it is ready to ride so I am planning the trip for September 16th, 17t,h 18th, and 19th.. Hope everyone can make it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:37 pm 

I'd like to go! Keep me updated!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:24 am 

Turbotexas wrote:
I'd like to go! Keep me updated!

you aint going,your a fly by your seat of pants guy! :shock: :-) :-)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:25 am 

But if you do go stop by and pick me up on the way! :-)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:28 am 

You're several hundred miles out of the way! And your WIFE might not like you when you don't get home in time for work on tuesday??? Or thursday. Or next week? Lol

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:37 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:
You're several hundred miles out of the way! And your WIFE might not like you when you don't get home in time for work on tuesday??? Or thursday. Or next week? Lol

Man its not that far! Make a plan and stick to it like normal people! :-) :-)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:13 am 

Say the word stix and I'm in, haven't heard from Rich in awhile, hope all is well. Hope he can make it too.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:17 am 

I,ll be there. I plan on a couple of trips this month.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:20 pm 

Good to hear Rich, hope ur doing great, this time no workie on all play, :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:41 pm 

Im waiting on getting the RV back from the shop, then Ill post a date

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:00 pm 

stix wrote:

Sup with the RV? Refresh me is this the RV I want lol short wheel base 454 you got for a sweet price?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:16 pm 

hoser wrote:
stix wrote:

Sup with the RV? Refresh me is this the RV I want lol short wheel base 454 you got for a sweet price?

that's the one. It never really stopped that well since I bought it. If put your foot and leg into the pedal, it WILL stop. I took it to a local "big truck" repair shop and they said the brakes were fine?? So I took it to Roberts International truck repair and they are going to start with the front brakes. I dropped off new calipers and pads. They should get the rotors by next week. I was wondering if maybe I only had front brakes and no rear. Roberts said the rear were ok and they THINK its the front. I would do the work myself but got too mach stuff on back burner as it is.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:20 pm 

stix wrote:
hoser wrote:
stix wrote:

that's the one. It never really stopped that well since I bought it. If put your foot and leg into the pedal, it WILL stop. I took it to a local "big truck" repair shop and they said the brakes were fine?? So I took it to Roberts International truck repair and they are going to start with the front brakes. I dropped off new calipers and pads. They should get the rotors by next week. I was wondering if maybe I only had front brakes and no rear. Roberts said the rear were ok and they THINK its the front. I would do the work myself but got too mach stuff on back burner as it is.

On the bigger trucks like your RV they use the power steering pump to supply you with power for your "power brakes" they don't use the vacuum booster you/they sure its working ok, I would think they could inspect all brakes and tell if anything needed replaced and not just parts change?

Your rears disc or drum brakes?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:10 am 

Hoser quote "On the bigger trucks like your RV they use the power steering pump to supply you with power for your "power brakes" they don't use the vacuum booster you/they sure its working ok, I would think they could inspect all brakes and tell if anything needed replaced and not just parts change? Your rears disc or drum brakes? "

I didnt know the powersteering pump was part of the braking system. They didnt say anything about the powersteering pump, they did mention the master cylinder. I need to see if I have a manual on the P30 chassis, I have the P30/32 Chassis. Also I don't have the Autopark system that is prone to failure. If the RV was here I would go and have a look. I talked with the ,quote "Service manager" and said I cant a afford for his techs to throw parts at it until its fixed. He insisted the calipers were bad. Now that you mention the power steering pump is involved, when I apply the brakes its almost as if you tried to apply the brakes in a vehicle when the cars Engine is turned off (no vaccum to booster). Ill have to go up there today and inspect before they start throwing parts at this thing. Can you think of anything else I might check out? Thanks Hoser. And it has drum rear brakes.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:26 am 

stix wrote:
Hoser quote "On the bigger trucks like your RV they use the power steering pump to supply you with power for your "power brakes" they don't use the vacuum booster you/they sure its working ok, I would think they could inspect all brakes and tell if anything needed replaced and not just parts change? Your rears disc or drum brakes? "

I didnt know the powersteering pump was part of the braking system. They didnt say anything about the powersteering pump, they did mention the master cylinder. I need to see if I have a manual on the P30 chassis, I have the P30/32 Chassis. Also I don't have the Autopark system that is prone to failure. If the RV was here I would go and have a look. I talked with the ,quote "Service manager" and said I cant a afford for his techs to throw parts at it until its fixed. He insisted the calipers were bad. Now that you mention the power steering pump is involved, when I apply the brakes its almost as if you tried to apply the brakes in a vehicle when the cars Engine is turned off (no vaccum to booster). Ill have to go up there today and inspect before they start throwing parts at this thing. Can you think of anything else I might check out? Thanks Hoser. And it has drum rear brakes.

that's about all I know about them never had that much problem with RV brake system other than the usual that comes with age and not being used, master cylinders leaking out the rear seal, calipers sticking because of moisture inside the fluid then the caliper piston rust and sticks, rubber brake hoses, I try to bleed my brake system every year to keep fresh fluid in them, all the P30 RV's I have had I changed the brake pads when they get about 50% worn out since they do most the braking and I was always towing a trailer abusing the brakes.

Just changed both calipers and brake hoses and master cylinder on my RV last year, that and new pads think it was under 120 bux for all the parts from NAPA

Never had a problem with the rear drum brakes even after 100k miles, almost impossible to reach the bleed screws on the rear drums so I just bleed them at the TEE in the line at the rear axle snapping off a bleeder would make for a expensive all day project to replace.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:34 am 

Cool, well Ill be heading up there today with some wrenches in hand. Thank for the advise!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:40 pm 

I just got back from the truck shop. There is a power assist unit between the master cylinder and brake pedal actuator that has two hydraulic lines coming into it and one going out. One is from the steering box and one is from the power steering pump, the "out" goes to the power steering pump. I talked to the head mechanic and he said he would make sure the tech that works on my RV will check out this unit. I posted a pic of the assembly. Would I hear the hydraulic power assist pump when I apply my brakes?? I used to drive big box truck on an old job I had and I remember when applying the brakes sometimes you could hear that pump whining. The mechanic at the truck shop said that you might hear that sound on electric pumps. I didnt see any wires coming from my pump(unit). He also said that his mechanics "should" have checked that power assist unit before telling me I need calipers and pads, although its probably a good idea to replace them since their 20 years old and Im sure they were not properly bled throughout their life. So in conclusion there are two high pressure lines going into the power assist unit, one from pump and one from steering box, if the one from the pump was clogged or something, then I would still have power steering, which I do. So that unit could be bad even though my power steering is working, correct?

Attachments:
2.jpg
2.jpg [ 24.01 KiB | Viewed 1111 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:48 pm 

Hey stix, u gonna talk about ur truck on this thread, or we gonna get a ride date. :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:58 pm 

ez71pilot wrote:
Hey stix, u gonna talk about ur truck on this thread, or we gonna get a ride date. :-)

Hey its my thread I can hijack it if i want to. WHat do you call it?? Self jacking, somthing like that!@^&!T%%$

I gotta get this dam RV going or I aint going anywhere :(

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:07 pm 

The rotors for the RV came in, Il be dropping them off at the repair shop tomorrow.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:16 pm 

Now that's funny you two. Stix who needs breaks, with out them that means you will get there sooner and be pumped up for a ride. I'm good all month long. I will be getting my bikes out next week for a test and tune. I may have a new old ride as well. One of the ATC 250r that I use to have may be coming back home. That usually means it need work. When I loaded up material today for work I swore my 450 gave me a dirty look. You know the one. I swore it said "ride me dammit". The pilot would not even give the time of day. Ya the battery on the vapor was dead.

Ez ,all play and no work what the heck. I think some jetting changes may be in order and some plug chops for both stixs and your self. Plus don't you have some new bling to install. I'm thirsty for some cold ones and good company.
These long days /weeks/months have been kicking my a_ _. I already starting to feel sorry for my bike and the treatment it will recieve at the dunes. Bring the camera.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:32 pm 

adnoh wrote:
Now that's funny you two. Stix who needs breaks, with out them that means you will get there sooner and be pumped up for a ride. I'm good all month long. I will be getting my bikes out next week for a test and tune. I may have a new old ride as well. One of the ATC 250r that I use to have may be coming back home. That usually means it need work. When I loaded up material today for work I swore my 450 gave me a dirty look. You know the one. I swore it said "ride me dammit". The pilot would not even give the time of day. Ya the battery on the vapor was dead.

Ez ,all play and no work what the heck. I think some jetting changes may be in order and some plug chops for both stixs and your self. Plus don't you have some new bling to install. I'm thirsty for some cold ones and good company.
These long days /weeks/months have been kicking my a_ _. I already starting to feel sorry for my bike and the treatment it will recieve at the dunes. Bring the camera.

Hey Rich,

I'm ready, just waiting for the word. There is no pre pilot ride assembly on this trip, ready to roll out and def have some cold ones. Hopefully no one will aspire to be a hood ornament on your vehicle. I looking forward to getting away and hanging out and riding the red off this thing. Hope all is well.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:40 am 

I think anyone subscribed to this thread or watching it is ready to ride so I am planning the trip for September 15th, 16t,h 17th, and 18th.. Hope everyone can make it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:25 pm 

Stix that will be a heck ya from me. Any word on you breaks? I,m pretty sure were ready if not past ready to ride. It's still darn hot and maybe by then it will cool down a touch. Tell Mrs. Stix, Mrs. Adnoh and I say hello.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:37 pm 

Hey forgot to add, I watched a good video the other day. It was a county video, 5150 here comes the po po or something like that. It was pretty cool video of off road fun and a po po ( police) chasing a couple of quads,some off road trucks in a mud pit and just all out fun. It may become one of my pre ride songs. Heck it appeared the po po had as much fun as the quad guys as they drifted the squad car. Man I would have liked to make that video or at least been in it. Put some blues on a pilot and chase some quads,heck yea.

Can you tell I'm looking for any excuse to ride.