Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 1:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:05 am 

I need to change dates to accompany riders. Will this work for everyone, how bout another Hail Yaeh!! September 16th, 17t,h 18th, and 19th. that's Sunday thru Wednesday.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:58 pm 

I'm good with the new dates. Hope it cools off a touch.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:38 pm 

We have two weddings that weekend and our anniversary :shock: she got pissy that year I went to LS on our anniversary lol was the year of 9/11 attacks.... the 15th is our anniversary and a close friends sons wedding.

Wish I could go really itching to ride after this long ass HOT summer.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:45 pm 

Turbotx pussed out,I knew he was all talk.I gotta work that weekend.Maybe if he reads this he'll change his mind for calling him out,lol

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:18 pm 

Heck "H" what better anniversary present than a ride at LS. Just tell her it's a surprise. Redskinman, go easy on Turbo or were your looking to catch a ride. Next month I 'm gona go check out Sanger near Dallas to see if it soots me for a ride. Turbo is a busy man on the road these days and I don't think he likes the sand that well. Would be nice to see him though. He always makes me laugh.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:33 pm 

adnoh wrote:
Heck "H" what better anniversary present than a ride at LS. Just tell her it's a surprise. Redskinman, go easy on Turbo or were your looking to catch a ride. Next month I 'm gona go check out Sanger near Dallas to see if it soots me for a ride. Turbo is a busy man on the road these days and I don't think he likes the sand that well. Would be nice to see him though. He always makes me laugh.

Oh he knows Im jacking with him.He's not busy,he 's spending all his time playing golf,fishing & facebooking.Ive been trying to get him to go riding but he's always got an excuse :-)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:02 pm 

Too bad HOser and Redskinman cant come. Last time I took my wife to the dunes on the our anniversarry was not good. She didnt like it when we went out night riding, I was supposed to be spending "quality" time w her, LOL. So I lived and learned! No chance of rain but Im liking this forecast http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Waynoka+OK+73860 . Turbo was hitting balls last time I talked to him, Im assuming he meant golf, he he.. Sounds like he is staying close to home these days. Well I talked to Marc with the Ponca Pilots and hes going to try to make a day or two. Dennis was busy with family. I think it will be just the usual gang this time. Adnoh ,whatever happened to your buddy, I thought there was a guy who wanted to ride L.S. Maybe I dreamed it??

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:41 pm 

Which one the one that ride a yahammer or the other pilot guys. The yhammer guy is for sure willing to dish out some sand sandwiches. I thought dunning on your anaversiy while the wife was in camp was the right thing to do or so my wife tells me. This could be why I'm on the couch a lot. Never thought about it that way or She's sick of looking at me one of the two. Man it's been a while since we all have hit the sand were all getting kinda cocky or whitty. This is the making of either a good time or some carnage as the sand brings us down a notch or two. Is the date right? Repost to final ones please. If I go down saturday and your not there, you will be hearing from me. I thought it was moved to 16th to 19th? Man I'm so confused.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:44 pm 

adnoh wrote:
Which one the one that ride a yahammer or the other pilot guys. The yhammer guy is for sure willing to dish out some sand sandwiches. I thought dunning on your anaversiy while the wife was in camp was the right thing to do or so my wife tells me. This could be why I'm on the couch a lot. Never thought about it that way or She's sick of looking at me one of the two. Man it's been a while since we all have hit the sand were all getting kinda cocky or whitty. This is the making of either a good time or some carnage as the sand brings us down a notch or two. Is the date right? Repost to final ones please. If I go down saturday and your not there, you will be hearing from me. I thought it was moved to 16th to 19th? Man I'm so confused.

Yup yup , 16 thru 19th, Sunday thru Wednesday. She likes when she and Tobey can yack behind our back. Talk about getting knocked down a notch by the sand, O yea, note to self don't lawn dart again. I don't remember if it was a Yammer or Pilot guy but either way let the sand fly!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:26 pm 

Thanks for the update Stix. I'll keep my eye on the weather. It is raining right now here in wichita.
I talked to the yahammmer and his buddy on a hot (fast)TRX450. It looks like they may pay us a visit depending on the work scheldule.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:20 pm 

Well day one in the books and had a blast ran around 60 miles in the rough sand thanks to a busy weekend. So many razors and onther UTV's that they even out numbers the quads or so it seamed. One thing I noticed and have noticed over the past year is the trails are getiing wider and the woops are getting spaced future apart as well as getting deeper. I feel this is due to the population change. By this I mean the type and quanity of viechles using the dunes changing the landscape. I do feel this is better suited for the pilot and odyssey though. I had the chance to chase some rzr 900's around in the morning waiting on the other to show and discovered that the 900 will out accerlate my pilot between 20 and 40 then I can gain on it as it get up in the 30 to 40's UM, time for a clutch change maybe. Anyway I ran with up to 54 to which he shut it down due to the terrane we were running. I must say the 900 is well suited to the sand over and 800 rzr and rzr-s. I ask the boys if I could follow them around a little and they smiled and said sure if you could keep up. I smiled and said I'll try. Smiling my self that early in the morning was a good thing. They took it easy on me at first then they quick looking back and just stepped on it. I said to my self about time as I was about ready to peal off and look around. They tryied to loose me in the flats at speed and I would have no part of that and it was a relaxing drive with just a few drop offs and off camber hits which almost put the rzr on its lide as it nosed in on the left cornor at speed. They slowed for a few seconds than back on the gas. At this time we running a pretty good pace and was having a blast. Just as I was settling in and for a fast paced flat opne ride they stepped off into the trails. It was a OH ya moment for me as that is where I 'm most at home. The 900's accerlation got the best of me there however He was a little timmed about diving it into some of the rough stuff so they could never pull away from me rather I could easly make ground on them. Once he saw me on his six and ready to go on the insde he stepped it up a little was pushing it harder and was really fun. After about twenty miniutes they pulled over for a break and we all had a smile on our face. They did comment that they could not shake me and were surprised the a pilot could hang with them. I told them I had fun and thank you for the ride, by this time my fuel light was on and left. Later in the day I seen them a couple of times and they made it a point to wave and give a thumbs up. I felt that I represented the pilot community well and waved back with a head nod. This set the tone for the whloe day as we all had a blast. Endo Eric ( EZ71) had a erro free day and his pilot ran very well as we rat raced the whole dunes over and over and over again. Good thing he does not have a LT or I would have been in trouble and had a pilot stuck to my back side. Ya he was smileing to every time we stoped or went back to camp. He stated he was ready to wear some red off and he did he really did there is some red mising from two spots on his pilot to which powder coating can take care of.and knowing him he will. Me I would leave it as a memory. Stix by this time decided to grace us with he presents and I only enough time for a short ride which we all had a blast. Nothing like five pilots rat racing around the dunes and runing the bowles. I do believe alot of other ridders were surprised to see that many at once. After all they are a little old. Well that it for now but heading back down tommorow for some more. Hope the boys and lady's do not get to sore today as I will be pumped up to ride tommorow.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:57 pm 

Sounds like a blast,I want so bad to go to the dunes.Its just too far a drive to go unless Im on vacation and of course the wife says hell no to that.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:39 pm 

Don't tell her or tell her your working out of town. Either way you will not have to deal with it untill you get home so have fun. Heck take her with you or go get you, I mean her a new ride. Oh well keep dreaming about it or get some cold ones and go to the garge and at least start it up and set in the seat and down a few. Remember to buckle up. Plus we don't have any fun at all when we go. I'll call Turbo and see if he can get you and head this way some day. How about the dallas area for a ride?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:05 pm 

adnoh wrote:
Don't tell her or tell her your working out of town. Either way you will not have to deal with it untill you get home so have fun. Heck take her with you or go get you, I mean her a new ride. Oh well keep dreaming about it or get some cold ones and go to the garge and at least start it up and set in the seat and down a few. Remember to buckle up. Plus we don't have any fun at all when we go. I'll call Turbo and see if he can get you and head this way some day. How about the dallas area for a ride?

Dallas area is doable,wheres there to ride around there? Like I said before,Turbotx has soured on the buggies it seems like.Golfing seems to be his number 1 pastime now

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:44 am 

Man I would like drive his cart. He has to be a blast to golf with. His witty humor is pricless. Can you imagine his in the rough comments or in the sandtrap. I would bet it would make you spit you cold one. I hope he is enjoying himself and will be watching for him on TV.

Day2:
Well day two provided a some very good ridding or driving depending how you look at it do not want "H" to get on me to hard. Yea pooked a little on the "H" man. Just had a good time and was feeling frisky and no not hug frisky.I know bugeye would jump all over that one. Back to the ride.

Had a busy drive down as the oil company in OK are hard at work and there all over the on highway 11. When I arrived every one was ready in short order. I slamed my tradational pre ride cold one and put on the helment and was ready to ride. The camp ground and park in hole was almost empty and that makes for some very fast times on the sand. Lucky for us the wind kick up a touch teh day before and covered most of the weekend traffic tracks. As we staired at the fresh sand all I could think about was putting my tracks all in it. Later after the ride as we discused it EZ-71 referd to it as marking or spots like a dog pissing on everthing. Yea, I spit some cold one and laughed out load. As we started out I could not make up my mind on what to mark up first so I just started at teh end and worked my way forward hitting evry fresh spot I could. I found myself in short order working my my way for dune to dune front to back and side to side just slamming into what ever fresh sand I could as it was smooth and very fast. As I looked in mirrors there two more right behind me doing the samr thing just flat ripping the fresh powder to pieces. I pretty sure after about five minutes we all were in the zone and you all know what that's like or should. I try to decribe it to those who hav'nt but words does not do it justice. At first you tend to look at where your going and decide where to go mean while listiening to every sound and feeling every motion the machine is making as you move though teh sand. Then a caum tends to come over you as you settle in and let your mind just take over as a peacefull feeling comes over you and you slip into an altered state. In my case it seams like a voice is in communacation with my self and nothing but happy thoughts are takeing place. Too deep? Any way after ripping it up for a while and coming back to earth I decided to share this with the others and ask some one else to lead and let them have a go at what new fresh sand to mark up. As I followed the otheres I soon found they were doing the same thing they aimed for any and all fresh powder at speed. Being in the rear I enjoyed the sound of fine tuned machines and flying sand and that was a most enjoyable feeliing. and let out an Oh ya which was balffled by the sound of the Engine. This went on all day as we road untill the fuel light came on and then fueled up and did it agian as we tore it up and busted fresh tops. By the end of the day my odomenter said ( not really) posted 73 miles. In my opion that was a very good day and I topped it off with a fresh cooked hambuger supplied by Stix. I would say this trip was a blast and thank you to all for every thing and will see you next time around.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:28 pm 

Man, that sounds like a blast! I love hitting fresh powder/sand in the pilot. Makes it hook and pull like no other! Reading your ride reports really makes me wish it was cool enough here in SoCal to ride some dunes.

You think 5 pilots turns heads? Last year we had 9 total out at Dumont!!! Now THAT was an amazing sight! It was like we were fighter pilots hauling ass full throttle through those damn dunes! Well, that is until PPP endo-flipped! At least he got it on video, and up on youtube!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:51 pm 

Great write up as usual Adnoh. It was cool to relive the fun again through your words! The wife and I got in another ride this morning. The wind from the nightbefore and this morning smoothed over our marked territory so she and I remarked it. As we rode, the wind was still blowing the sand across the dunes so we had to keep a keen eye on the horizon as the moving sand was hiding the "drop offs". Needless to say I didnt want to leave because riding conditions were perfect! Oh well we wil get back there before it gets too cold. Heres some pics of Adnoh blasting off! Ill get a couple vids up soon. Thanks to EZ and friend for the Wally world trip and as always thanks everyone for coming!!

Attachments:
P1030421.JPG
P1030421.JPG [ 19.1 KiB | Viewed 935 times ]
P1030420.JPG
P1030420.JPG [ 16.56 KiB | Viewed 935 times ]
P1030422.JPG
P1030422.JPG [ 15.71 KiB | Viewed 935 times ]
P1030418.JPG
P1030418.JPG [ 14.02 KiB | Viewed 935 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:13 pm 

Made it home and recovering, lol. Thanks for the write up and covering it, I'm trying to catch up before work tomorrow. Have to find some time to pick up the new cat, did some looking around and got a 13 for a better deal, woo hoo.

Anyway, I can't thank you enough for letting me use your Pilot so Jennifer could ride mine and test it out. She really liked it and now I know that it's something we will do again, and I will bring our own rides. You guys definitely get to drive my new one and let me know what you think.

It was great to see everyone and I'm gonna make sure I have no deadline to get back for. I really wanted to ride more Tuesday but Jen had to get back. I sure hope Toby is feeling better and can join us next time. Take Care and look forward to more sand, gimme sand!!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:50 am 

Looks like yall had a great trip,whens the next one? :-)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:15 pm 

Hello nick RNR, Dang 9 pilots/ odys/drakes. In all my years of ridding the most I have ever rode with was 7, 9 would be way cool and had to be a great time as well as an eye catcher and make you say: Man I want to do that.

I do need to amend my ride report just a touch I was leaving it for stixs and since he left out one of the best parts, I'll add it. EZ-71 had left to return home and Stixs and I was out blasting around and was feeling pretty good about the conditions and zoned out as mentioned before. As we ran thought a section I like to call as bank and woop. It's a section of high bank trails where Quads have carved them out and at the exit is usally a steep whoop and then high bank again. This continues all the way though a tree section to which the banks are carved out of. Now imagine if you will as you ride teh quad you bank in on the gas roll out and and then gas off the top and dive back into the next bank so on and so on and so on.There not really suited for a pilot UNLESS. youc hange the way you role in and hit them. As you enter the area there is a long sectin of whoops whcih is wide spaced so some speed can be achieved then you start you first turn in as the trail narrows. Instead of setting up for the bank yu square it off and get a hand full of throttle. As you do this you will accerlate striaght ahead into three to four foot bump. This will send you air born right into the next bank. You quickly and sharply turn hard right or left at WOT (Wide Open Throttle) squareing up the next hump. It get's more and more intense as not only do you pick up speed though the section but if you miss there nothing but tree by the second to third hit yo air over the whoops and go hump to bank,hum to bank for about twelve turns and if you enter correctly you slamb the pilot into the side of the banks as it plats on all four squates and raises under the accerlation force and you air born again and agina and again. As you exit youdo a left hander hard at WOT (Wide Open Throttle) on a ushill sweep through the trees. Yes it's a hell ya moment as you crest out of the trail into the wide open space of the dunes.

Here is where the interesting thing happened after being all jacked up form the trail. I'll be darned if a pair of Air Force fighter jets buzzed us as on of them was on the deck and scared the piss out of me All I sean was underbelly of a fighter as he carved the dune and pealed off as his wing man turened and burned right to his left. Dam they were haveing more fun than me and that was a buzz kill to which I almost never recovered from. Not fare just not fare I thought to my self however it was pretty darn cool.

EZ-71:

Good to here you made it home ok and found you a new kitty cat or is it a kitten since it's a 13. Never took you for a cat person. Look forward to a ride in the cat, Stix and I was doing rock/paper/sissors, to see who rides first, He won dang it. I ask for two of three but he said no way. Tobey is finnaly feeling better, thank you. Your welcome on the loan of the ride anytime we can interduce some one new to the joy of pilot driving I feel it's our duty to do so. Every one deserves a hell ya. I do like the " Gimme Sand" and feel it will be yours for now on and hopfully to see it on your machine. EZ "Gimme Sand" -71. I like it, it rimes. Your not a rapper are you that may be a good rap with a few cold ones which by the way thank you.

Redskin man any time you can make it I'll do my best to see you there. I think the guys were talking about another ride before years end. We did have a blast and would like to share this with you or any one as well. I will be going to Dallas next month and are going by the Sanger ride park to scope it out.

Stix sorry my picture taking stinks and you know EZ out jumped us all.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:53 pm 

Ill just sum up the first day in a couple vids...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:35 pm 

good vids,looks like a fun time
Next time get one of those helicopter mounts for your camera :-)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:47 pm 

redskinman wrote:

I had to google that one ha ha. Yea $1500 a week rental or I can have one for the low price of $12,500. Usually my onboard camera vids are not so shaky but the sand was so choppy I probably would have worn out one of those helicopter mounts!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:31 pm 

stix wrote:
redskinman wrote:

I had to google that one ha ha. Yea $1500 a week rental or I can have one for the low price of $12,500. Usually my onboard camera vids are not so shaky but the sand was so choppy I probably would have worn out one of those helicopter mounts!

lol,i don't think were talking about the same thing.
Im talking about a mount like fully made
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10772

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:34 pm 

what happened with the brakes? that system was out for a long time and is great, just need an old school chevy wrench. Its on all those old gm diesels pos. Adjusting rear drum are very important on those, any low pedal or soft pedal that is not a hose bulging is adjustment. Hard pedal can be as easy as a belt adjustment or pump replacement. belt almost feels like a pulsing or chatter.

I have a P30 manual from the old motorhome, if you ever need some thing copied and emailed, email me, harescrambles@comcast.net