Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 1:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:09 pm 

So its a little early, but I am super excited about this trip. I will be heading out thursday night after work and coming home sunday. This is opening weekend for the dune season here in SoCal. Several board members have already committed to going besides myself (Shoubadaba, Turtle-D, Halorising) Shoubadaba is even thinking of taking his Gen3 Briggs car! If you need more details, shoot me a PM.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:38 pm 

Yup yup. I'll bring the Briggs as well as the fl350 and the fl250. Hope more will come out and play in the sand box

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:14 pm 

Talked to Rppjr (Bob) and he is going to make it out too. Should be killer! The opening trip is almost always the best!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:26 am 

Been a great summer here but starting to think about our up coming season in SoCal. I plan to organize a weekend at Ocotillo this coming November. All our welcome and I hope it will lead to more ride meets in Socal from then on. I'm working every weekend between now and Halloween so I can get plenty of them off during season. Nick, spread the word and let me know what you think. ENJOY Dumont!!!
:-) :-) :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:18 pm 

i love ocotillo and can do day trips or with the motorhome

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:41 am 

halorising wrote:
i love ocotillo and can do day trips or with the motorhome

Hey, I keep an old bounder out at Blew inn storage all winter so we are out there a lot and park it wherever. Be great to get some buggy meets going :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:17 pm 

Sounds Like fun. I havnt been to the dunes in 2 years but unfortunately I have to be at Firebird Raceway that weekend. Have fun and be safe.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:59 pm 

So now that we covered who CANT go (LOL) lets focus on who CAN go.

Going to call Doug (Westecbuilder) and see if he can go. Really looking forward to this trip

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:33 am 

we are going

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:57 pm 

Man I cant wait for this trip. I have a few new toys to play with in the sand

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:13 pm 

Wish I could go bet their is a really good show to see on Halloween at the dunes please take many pics and video of what guys like me are missing.

I will be stuck here in the crappy weather and no place to ride lol

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:14 am 

I will try to remember to take the good video camera and get some footage at comp hill saturday night. The place turns into a freakin city! So much fun, people racing up the hill, camp fires, good times for sure! Any and all are welcome, sure hope to see some pilot and ody owners out there with us!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:15 am 

If it weren't for myself and Ridindirty heading up to the Oregon dunes that same weekend with Duneit and his crew, I would be there!

Sorry but I have always wanted to go to the Oregone dunes and Duneit has been way too kind to offer us the trip to his home on the dunes. Please take plenty of pictures!

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:58 am 

Oregon Dunes is on my list of places I want to go, but it is about 900 miles for me. Woud love to check it out one day.

Getting excited about the upcoming trip. I hear Shoubadaba has some top secret stuff in store for his briggs car. I did some maintainance on the pilot and RZR-S yesterday, stuff is lookin up as of right now.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:35 pm 

http://www.duneguide.com/images/grid-map.jpg

Going to shoot for 10-D or 11-D on the grid map as I am sure it will be packed. Only a week left. Shoubadaba says he has some recruits from the board here that live in Palmdale. Also a few others have contacted me about the trip. Looks like it is shaping up!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:13 am 

d-9 or d-8 is good as well. Just behind the rock pile. Just got done for the night on preping and changing the beast (fl350) from race set up to dunes. Had to put in a new pull rope but after it was all back together the return is now acting up. After this trip ill remove it again and rewind the spring unit. Few more hours and ill be loaded up and ready to roll on friday. This week is going by sooo slow dammit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:06 pm 

Talked to Randman, he is there and set up camp, says the weather is great, 75 degrees, clear skies, perfect conditions for a great weekend. Cant wait till tomorrow. We should have a good group of buggys this trip.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:41 pm 

Whoa, I didnt even realize I signed in on a username I didnt even know I had! Force of habit! That is my yahoo email username, must have the same password! Strange. Anyway, I did my head count, we should have 13 buggys if all show up. Here is the count...
Myself 1 pilot
Rusty 1 fl350, 1 Briggs car
Turtle-D 1 pilot
Halorising 2 pilots
Westecbuilder 1 pilot
Doug General 1 pilot
Randman 2 fl350s
Toby 2 fl350s
Rppjr 1 pilot

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:55 pm 

12 buggies 3 rollovers and whole lot of fuel equals an awesome adventurous weekend. Was a pleasure to meet 4 members from the board face to face and cant wait for the next gathering.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:58 pm 

One of my vids from Dumont. Forgive me if I have the order wrong but should be Rusty,Nick,Chris and then myself.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:59 pm 

Took tons of pics and vids, uploading to youtube now. Rppjr and I went on one last ride this morning and freakin tore it up! Had an absolute blast the whole time, but I am wiped out. Going to have some dinner, relax, and hit the sack. Will give more details and what not in time. Yeah, 12 cars, I think we beat the east coast boys this time! Only had 1 flake, but his truck had mechanical issues and could not make it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:13 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMVA6aU- ... ature=plcp

ok ok, one video done. this was from today, Bob (Rppjr) and I went for a quick run.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:24 am 

Man we covered a lot of ground there Nick, to bad my video of this ride didn't turn out.
Had a great time, met some people off the board and finally able to ride with Rusty(Shoubdaba), Nick(Nickrnr) and Chris(Halorising). And a big thank you to Halorising and his wife for letting me and Erin sleep in their RV.

Here is a second video.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:04 pm 

Ok, one teaser pic. It is off my cell phone, and I am sure others will post up better pics, but we got 12 cars total. Mixture of pilots, odysseys, and a Gen3 Briggs car.

Apologize for the low rez, but here is the order from left to right...

Toby (AKA Lawn Dart!), Manny (Toby's nephew, AKA Pogo Stick), Randman (AKA Big Mr. Pussie), Rppjr (Bob), Halorising's LT500 pilot (AKA CPAP),Shoubadaba's son's LT FL350, nickRNR's panel pilot naked (AKA Rawhide), Shoubadaba's Gen3 Briggs car (AKA Fun Boy), Turtle-D's pilot (AKA Dangerous), Halorising's front LT pilot, RidinDirty's fl350 paperweight (AKA Jack, Kolby Jack), Westecbuilder's pilot (AKA Mr. Twisty)

Attachments:
12 buggys at dumont halloween 2012.jpg
12 buggys at dumont halloween 2012.jpg [ 36.18 KiB | Viewed 1642 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:40 pm 

A little bit about the trip. Randman and Ridindirty got out there Wednesday and set up in a good spot. I met up with Westecbuilder Thursday around 3pm and we rallied out to Dumont together, getting there around 6pm. Got camp set up, did some jetting, visited, and Halorising showed up around 9pm. Halo, Westecbuilder and myself went for a ride Thursday night with me in the lead. There weren’t many tracks to follow, and the wind was blowing some, so we took it easy but still had fun. We made a fire back at camp, hung out for a while, then called it a night.

Friday, we went for a nice ride. Randman, Ridindirty, Halorising, Westecbuilder, my wife and I just cruised around some and had a good time. Shoubadaba, his brother, and his dad showed up a little before noon, so we got them situated and had a ride. Somewhere in the mix, Toby flew off a razorback and lawn darted his ody, leaving seatbelt marks on his chest. I think he rolled it another time too, but I don’t have any details on it. On one of the rides on this day, RidinDirty siezed his top end on his fl350 inside a big sand bowl, so I had to head back to camp and get the RZR to pull him out. Got him back to camp, pulled the head off, and looked like there was some sand in his top end, but it could have been from from when they pulled the head, we weren't sure. I think we just pushed his air cooled Engine too hard in the dunes, water cooling is a must! Later on that night, Turtle-D called, he was stuck on highway 127 with a blown out trailer tire and no spare, so Shoubadaba and I grabbed a spare and went to rescue him. Also that night Toby showed up. We went for a good night ride, even though Toby and his nephew were newbys, they seemed to do ok (except for when Toby flew down a hill in reverse and almost ran over MANIAC!) We hit dunes, we ran comp hill, and had tons of fun. We got back to camp, sat by the fire, drank, smoked cigars, and had a good time. Also did some wheelies in my pilot with MANIAC hangin on the rear bumper, cool video of that coming!

Saturday, we woke up and did a run to Little Dumont. Got some good riding in, found a nice rolling hill we were doing wheelies off of. Ran around there some, came back and saw that Rppjr had shown up, so we got more rides together, did a few pics of the 12 buggies lined up. On a ride on this day, Shoubadaba was in the rear of the pack and I was leading on a nice, family oriented, slow paced ride, and Shoubadaba managed to roll his ody and bang up his left thumb. It sort of amazed me that he rolled it on an easy ride! LOL He was hurt, but he sucked it up and finished the weekend out. The Halloween festivities were on this night, so we went over to comp hill and saw all the madness, what a blast! People everywhere, skimpy costumes on the ladies (sorry guys, couldn’t get pics, my wife was glued to my hip making me behave!). We got back over to camp for some more drinking and hangin by the fire.

Sunday, most everyone packed up and left. I wanted one more last ride, so Rppjr and I hit the dunes for about 30 minutes. Yeah, 30 minutes of WOT (Wide Open Throttle) running! Man, we hit up Banshee hill, up and over to the dunes on the back side, blasted back over to the back side of Comp Hill, dunes all around it, then came down the face of Comp from the back side WOT (Wide Open Throttle)! What a blast! Got the video posted up for it already. So we got done, packed everything all up, and headed home. We passed by Toby’s truck on the highway about 30 miles to Baker, so we called to see if all was ok. He had run out of gas, but had hitched a ride to Baker to fill some cans, then hitched a ride back to the truck. Halorising saw him and talked to him back by his truck, there was a vehicle fire that had the freeway all stopped, which we had luckily not been caught in. I tried to call and text Toby to make sure he was still ok, but I guess his phone had died. I got home around 4pm and unloaded, and got a call from Toby’s wife around 7:30pm asking if I had heard from him since he wasn’t home yet. I had not. I eventually got a text from his wife again at 11:30 saying he still wasn’t home. Then, by midnight, she text me again saying he made it, I guess he blew a radiator hose and had to walk a few miles for help.
All in all, great trip, met some new guys from the board, had a blast, and going back in 2 weeks for Veterans Day.