Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Waynoka Nov 1st thru 4th
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:21 pm 

A group of Razor & sand rail owners will be at L.S. this weekend. I'll have my RZR S and four quads. Look for my silver & white Newmar diesel pusher with a 28' enclosed. Stop by and say hi.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:53 pm 

I missed this post, any pics?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:06 pm 

Sorry I took a camera but never got it out of the camper.

I took a RZR S, a FL-250, and three 4x4 quads in my 28' enclosed.

Only saw one Pilot there.

Mine is in the shop to investigate why it lost power before I shut it down the last time I had it out.

Pulled the top end and it was fine so the Engine is coming out.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:47 pm 

So your still rollin a Pilot? What kind of 4X4's r u running these days. I rode a Polaris Spritsman500 at Waynoka, it was fun, climbed well and floated well. I kept your FL350 up until last year. Sold it to a guy in Enid, When I got done with it, it was keeping up with my Pilot. I just aquired a long travel cr500 pilot. Im trying to get the compression down from 210lbs to 170ish. it was a racer. Still crunching numbers for that. Good luck with your Pilot, hope bottom end is not bad! Maybe gas issues??

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:36 am 

It's an unknown at this point. Maybe the stator came loose but more than likely a crank bearing failure. The rod is fine.

My stable of 4x4 quads consist of (yes) a Polaris 500, a Kaw. 700 & 360 Praire, & a Hon. 350e Rancher.

Many toys have come and gone but I've still got the 4 FL-250s for shitz & giggles.

Two VW & one 3.8 supercharged two seat sand cars.

With the prices dropping like flies on RZR Ss I finely made the leap to get one of these without regret.

I've got to keep my reputation up as the "Toyman"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:15 pm 

Is that the KFX700, how do you like it compared to the Polaris?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:28 pm 

stix wrote:

Nope sold the 2 wheel drive KFX 700 as I have a 14 yr. old step son that was begining to driving it to fast for my comfort level.

I certainly do miss this hot rod quad. It was a hoot on sand.

I've sold all my 2x4 quads in favor of 4x4s.

We like the ability to go places and on terrain not favorable for a 2x4.

Update on the Pilot; Word to all of you who own an FL-350 or 400. Keep an eye on that balancer oil!!
I've not owned my 400 long. Got two trips out of her before the bearings seized
on the counter balancer from lack of oil. Looks like it's been dry a long time.

If I'd only checked it when I bought it............this exspensive repair may not have been nessessary.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:38 am 

Toyman wrote:
stix wrote:

Nope sold the 2 wheel drive KFX 700 as I have a 14 yr. old step son that was begining to driving it to fast for my comfort level.

Update on the Pilot; Word to all of you who own an FL-350 or 400. Keep an eye on that balancer oil!!

If I'd only checked it when I bought it............this exspensive repair may not have been nessessary.

Well that sucks, any damage to the cases?

I change my balancer oil and transmission oil after every ride trip I use mobil1 15-50 oil can get it at walmart for about 23.00 a gallon the 15-50 has higher levels of zinc than their other oils.

Now I have the snowmobile Engine and no blanacer in my Pilot I still change the trans oil after every ride trip.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:32 am 

hoser wrote:
Toyman wrote:
stix wrote:

I change my balancer oil and transmission oil after every ride trip I use mobil1 15-50 oil can get it at walmart for about 23.00 a gallon the 15-50 has higher levels of zinc than their other oils.

Now I have the snowmobile Engine and no blanacer in my Pilot I still change the trans oil after every ride trip.

I've put JSR Performance in Wichita, Ks.on this project and their not got that far into it yet. I took them the pullers for both sides late yesterday. They'll split the cases and check everything out. Wish I had a nice sled motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) to toss in there!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:18 pm 

JSR does some very nice work. Gona have him message the Engine a little. That's one Engine builder that knows his stuff. Talk about a dream job.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:20 am 

Toyman wrote:
hoser wrote:
Toyman wrote:
stix wrote:

I've put JSR Performance in Wichita, Ks.on this project and their not got that far into it yet. I took them the pullers for both sides late yesterday. They'll split the cases and check everything out. Wish I had a nice sled motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) ((Internal Combustion Engine?)) to toss in there!

Ok whatz up with editing my post?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:32 am 

adnoh wrote:
JSR does some very nice work. Gona have him message the Engine a little. That's one Engine builder that knows his stuff. Talk about a dream job.

I had this sitting in my shop thinking I'd find time to get into it.

Three months later & I had to except the fact it wasn't going to happen. To many toys to maintain and I was simply taking out what didn't need work.

JSR has a long standing reputation as doing quality Engine and fabrication work. An added plus is their local. Lastly John is more than happy to spend time with you discussing the job or any variation to the job you'd like to entertain. In short it was a no brainer to put him and his wrenches on the project. I'm considering having him port it while we're at it. PWK from my Drak is going in too.

Anyone care to chime in as to what pipe I should purchase? I don't want to loose anymore torque than I have to as I still want to trail ride this.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:10 pm 

Have John call Don and talk to him on the porting changes and what pipe will work best or have him make on to work. John has done a couple of pilots. I have enjoyed the short talks we have had, just a nice guy.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:51 pm 

adnoh wrote:
Have John call Don and talk to him on the porting changes and what pipe will work best or have him make on to work. John has done a couple of pilots. I have enjoyed the short talks we have had, just a nice guy.

If you don't mind ...........PM me Don's phone number.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:35 pm 

P.m. sent. Hope the number is still good.