Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:15 am 

Hi guys Im gaging intrest in a get together/riding trip for New Years. I know what nickrnr will say DUMONT! lol Wondering what others would like. I would like to make a Glamis trip or maybe ocotillo or other desert spots. Maybe camp in South county of glamis (gordons well ) and explore a bit in that area. Any input is welcomed. Thanks Rusty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:53 pm 

OCOTILLO

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:56 pm 

I'll be at Glamis :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:17 pm 

Sand Mountain Nevada!

Ha Ha!

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:44 pm 

ROCOTILLO

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:54 am 

Why don't we do a split trip? Spend a few days at Ocotillo, then head down to G-Town? That way we can EXPLORE lots of places! LOL

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:52 am 

I only have from friday evening to tuesday so a split trip wont work for me

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:26 pm 

Friday the 28th to Tuesday the 1st? Need to be specific on dates here. Last few years we have been doing trips the week after New Years during the week. COWBOY will be in town from Colorado and flies home on the 31st and have already been planning on doing stuff with him. Hmm...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:36 am 

Yup those dates. I cant do anything during the week with the wifes new job now. Since she starts at 6 am I have to drop all the kids off. So she cant do that if Im out of town.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:32 am 

I'm headed out to Ocotillo this morning for Turkey day. As far as dates go, I think I'm flexible at the moment so I'm in for New Years Ocotillo style

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:28 pm 

Those dates work for me as well. Ocotillo just doesnt seem like that much fun, but am willing to try it out. don't like eating dust.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:34 pm 

Well guys I don't think I'll have to go back to afghanistan until after the first of the year they got me scheduled for some classes and briefings back in washington DC, but I'll be home dec. 14 so a trip to the dunes is most definite for me before I go.
I usually go to Gordens well and just ride to glamis,not real fond of ocitllio, dumont sounds interesting don't know how the crowd or camping is over the holidays there but it'll be a crowd no matter where you guys decide to so count me in just let me know.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:21 am 

Dunefaber, sounds good to me! I am putting in for either Glamis or Dumont.

Tadrad, you got paddle tires? Ocotillo just doesnt suit me.

I say we think about hitting Glamis with Kuma. He normally camps in the washes on the north side. Dunefaber, drive a bit extra and come camp north, aye! lol.

I might be down to try out Ocotillo on an off weekend, but not newyears.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:37 pm 

Well don't usually get onthat side of the road but I'am game, I'll just come in from blythe side and I'll end up in Glamis. need a little more detail than a wash on the north side thou lol,only a gazillion of them out theresomeone need a set of paddles? I got extras let me know, gonna be travelin low and fast that weekend.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:49 am 

Glamis it is then. Lets shoot for wash 6 or 7. Ill be there friday til tuesday.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:04 pm 

alright then, Glamis it is, just got back from speedway park here in phoenix, I bought one of the mufflers offa E-bay and after an hour of mods I had it installed so today went to the park to do some plug chops, all is fine and it makes that DG pipe sound like box stock or better, nice and quit,thanxs Reckone for the deal on the pipe. You can sure feel it [the pipe] kick in when it hits the power band a little high for me but I'll get used to it, lol see ya in the dunes!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:57 pm 

Cant wait to hit Glamis again. I think it was last new years Turtle-D, my wife and I left the washes and rode down to Gordon's Well to look for you, Dunefaber, and couldnt find you. Sun went down and we were out in light clothing! Hauled ass back to camp fast as we could, we hit this real awesome drop off on sand highway heading south and flew for about 50 feet or so. Good times!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:48 pm 

Haven't been to Glamis for years. I like the dunes but pushing a wheelchair about in sand with weeded elbows is not so good! I'll have to see how the body is doing closer to the time. If I can make it I will slap the paddles on and be there but no definite :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:54 pm 

tadrad wrote:
Haven't been to Glamis for years. I like the dunes but pushing a wheelchair about in sand with weeded elbows is not so good! I'll have to see how the body is doing closer to the time. If I can make it I will slap the paddles on and be there but no definite :-)

Check this thing out! Badass! Just needs some twin 50mm cannons mounted!

http://www.tankchair.com/

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:48 pm 

well just heard that my son has already made plans for my motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) home for that week to go to his inlaws in Utah but I got a little trailer and a sleeping bag and a 60 qt ice chest so I'll really be flyin low that week, but I kinda got used to the sleeping bag scene from some of the smaller bases I have to go to for work, and as log as the beer is cold and steaks are hot what more can a man ask for right

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:25 pm 

nickRNR wrote:
tadrad wrote:

Check this thing out! Badass! Just needs some twin 50mm cannons mounted!

http://www.tankchair.com/" ."..

Yeaaaa, perhaps if one was on lone just for the weekend :shock:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:21 am 

Imagine the around the campfire impersonations entertainment tad...DANGER DANGER Will Robinson! Image

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:00 pm 

I will probably stay a few extra days, 28th to the 1st might not be long enough for me. Will have to see I guess

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:56 pm 

just got word from all my buggy buddies and they'll all be out there at Gordon's well, we'll have to hook up with them 1 nite

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:04 am 

Dunefaber wrote:
just got word from all my buggy buddies and they'll all be out there at Gordon's well, we'll have to hook up with them 1 nite

Heck yeah, that would be cool. I can fit gas cans in the back of the wife's RZR for longer trips.