Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:10 pm 

President's Day is always a fun event at Dumont. They put on a "Sand Drags" where they run 1000' with a christmas tree. Lets get a good ride put together for this one. I wont have a pilot this time :-( but i MIGHT have something else :-)

Camp will be around grid D-8 or D-9

Attachments:
DumontGridMap.jpg
DumontGridMap.jpg [ 76.54 KiB | Viewed 1078 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:39 pm 

You serious?

I was their one year on presidents day weekend and could not get out of their fast enough all everybody did was ride/race around the parking lot siring up dust very few were actually riding in sand this was on friday, asked the BLM guy what was going on he said it happens every big weekend only gets worse I came back late Sunday when all the parking lot riders had left what a joke that was I was coming from the NV direction kept seeing bags of garbage along the road figured it out when I got to the entrance seen many people with trash bags on the end of their trailer so they would blow off at hwy speeds stopped and told the BLM mutts about it they said they know nothing they can do about it they will just throw the bags out the window if they tell them to remove them from the trailer, and CA residents bitch about losing riding areas and the tree huggers haha when I got back the place was a dump you go to the back side of the dunes that's where everybody must take their trash to dump it when they are not going to throw it along the hwy haha I got pictures in my photo album of this mess.

Personally if I had my way glamis and dumont both would be CLOSED on all big weekends and the weekend before and after just to weed out most the losers and abusers of the system don't see this mess on normal weekends seems the big weekends brings out all the stupid but CA is greedy they want that permit monies :-)

Sorry to rant hope you guys enjoy the weekend and its a better experience than I had for the 1/2 day of stupid I seen.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:04 pm 

Yeah, the trash always bothers me. I keep my trash inside my trailer until the bag is full, then I tie it shut and put it in the bed of my truck. Havent lost any yet, but the wind kicks up and wreaks havoc sometimes.

The "parking lot traffic" isnt too bad in the grid where we camp. It is worse between the 2 razor backs. Also, the dust is not so bad where we camp too. Most of the time there is a light breeze that keeps the dust at bay.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:05 pm 

I have not rode sand in 2 years and in need of a fix...really bad. I'll PM you!

I remember the wind! Did a pretty nasty tumble after it blew the end of a dune several years ago. Hoser remember, I don't! LOL

Gary

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:46 am 

Cant wait to go gonna be a blast!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:15 pm 

Getting excited! The revolt is almost prepped and ready. Going to pick up a frame for Nukem today and deliver it to Dumont. PPP and Rppjr are going as well. I have a buddy coming along with a custom 2 seater buggy with a zx14 kawasaki Engine. Going to cook up some carne asada for Nukem (said he has never even heard of carne asada!)

Going to be a blast!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:29 pm 

carne asada is good shit I like both kinds don't have it around here, looks easy to make...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:27 am 

MMM mmm good carne will be gooood. Ill be loading up my quad in the truck friday and cruising out after work. Nukem your new Engine will be in my passenger seat to go with your new chassis nick picked up. Your gonna have a bitchen collection with the twins now

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:52 am 

Did a fluid change in the revolt, what a mess! The plastic side panels and the skid plate are all pop rivited on which is a PITA. The trans is easy enough to service, although messy since you drain fluid into the skid plate. The Engine is a bitch, you have to disconnect the line to the oil cooler, unplug the spark plug wires, remove the oil filter, and crank the Engine to pump the old oil out. This is per instruction in the manual! Really stupid technique, and there is no drain plug. Afastcar gave me a 12v pump to suck the oil out with, but I couldnt get it to prime so had to give up and do it by the book, and made an even bigger mess! Also had to swap the 5 point harness out that he put in, I am a bit fatter than he is and he trimmed the belts after install, so the stockers went back in. Yeah, that was a 2 hour job! Begining to tackle some of the challenges of this car, but still cant wait to run it on this trip! Sat it in for about 30 minutes making VROOM VROOM sounds and got a few strange looks from the neighbors LOL!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:22 am 

nickRNR wrote:
Did a fluid change in the revolt, what a mess! The plastic side panels and the skid plate are all pop rivited on which is a PITA. The trans is easy enough to service, although messy since you drain fluid into the skid plate. The Engine is a bitch, you have to disconnect the line to the oil cooler, unplug the spark plug wires, remove the oil filter, and crank the Engine to pump the old oil out. This is per instruction in the manual! Really stupid technique, and there is no drain plug. Afastcar gave me a 12v pump to suck the oil out with, but I couldnt get it to prime so had to give up and do it by the book, and made an even bigger mess! Also had to swap the 5 point harness out that he put in, I am a bit fatter than he is and he trimmed the belts after install, so the stockers went back in. Yeah, that was a 2 hour job! Begining to tackle some of the challenges of this car, but still cant wait to run it on this trip! Sat it in for about 30 minutes making VROOM VROOM sounds and got a few strange looks from the neighbors LOL!

That sounds pretty messed up. If you ever have to do a full overhaul is there somewhere you could tap a drain plug in? Could also maybe add a tee to the cooler, add a couple shut off valves(one just after the T and one in the drain line) then run the drain line to a convenient location for easier services. Got to ride it down the block yet? What do you think?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:31 am 

Yup, never had carne asada but I have heard of it. :-) I will do up some elk steaks, double pork burgers, pork chops, chicken boobs n other tasty stuff. Cant wait. We are rolling out of Cheyenne Wy late Thursday afternoon so should be there Friday mid morning. Ride all Fri/Sat n head back early Sunday.

Thanks Rusty, should have lots of go fast engines ready to drop into frames soon.

How much is gate entry? 1 truck n trailer with 3 machines? I will send a picture of our rig so you can spot us easier??? Near bathrooms 8 or 9 still correct?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:37 am 

Fatcat wrote:
nickRNR wrote:

That sounds pretty messed up. If you ever have to do a full overhaul is there somewhere you could tap a drain plug in? Could also maybe add a tee to the cooler, add a couple shut off valves(one just after the T and one in the drain line) then run the drain line to a convenient location for easier services. Got to ride it down the block yet? What do you think?

Hope to never have to do a full overhaul lol. It is a dry sump, so I believe the majority of the oil is in the canister, not the crank case. I tried to use a pump to suck the oil out of the canister, but it would work.

I also have 2 cops that live in my neighborhood, and the sand tires are mounted up and I don't feel like putting the dirts on to get a ticket LOL. I can wait till Dumont.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:39 am 

Nuke Em wrote:
How much is gate entry? 1 truck n trailer with 3 machines? I will send a picture of our rig so you can spot us easier??? Near bathrooms 8 or 9 still correct?

$40 at the gate. Not near bathrooms 8 and 9, looking at the grid map we will be in section D-8 or D-9 by the rock pile above toilet 4

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:28 pm 

nickRNR wrote:

The dealer always serviced it, came with the purchase, I thought the pump would work that's what it's made for? The service guys told me they would also pull the spark plugs so you would have no compression, easier on the starter and Engine to crank while its dry.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:43 pm 

afastcar wrote:
nickRNR wrote:

The dealer always serviced it, came with the purchase, I thought the pump would work that's what it's made for? The service guys told me they would also pull the spark plugs so you would have no compression, easier on the starter and Engine to crank while its dry.

Yeah, for some reason it wouldn't prime. It worked fine sucking out the old gas. I ran it for 40 seconds like the manual said, and checked the level before draining, it was way over full. When I drained it, I only got a little more than 2 quarts out of it (not accounting for the mess that pukes out of the oil filter hole and runs down the skid plate, about another 1/4 quart) So I got the new filter installed, cleaned up the mess best I could, and added 2 quarts thinking it would be low, it was still reading over full. Guess I have some more work to do.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:25 pm 

Is that the rock pile in the distance? Looks like the main road coming out of the drainage.

Attachments:
DSC08108.JPG
DSC08108.JPG [ 42.06 KiB | Viewed 954 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:29 pm 

Few more pics from a busy Presidents day...2005????

Attachments:
north campgrounds.JPG
north campgrounds.JPG [ 45.23 KiB | Viewed 954 times ]
north campground2.JPG
north campground2.JPG [ 48.38 KiB | Viewed 954 times ]
noth campgrounds3.JPG
noth campgrounds3.JPG [ 57.1 KiB | Viewed 954 times ]
SW end.JPG
SW end.JPG [ 39.98 KiB | Viewed 954 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:23 am 

looks like it is about an inch and a half to the right of your helmet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:01 am 

Just roasted my first belt ever on a pilot! That's impressive.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:39 am 

Fun isn't it! lol Hope you carried a spare in the cage. I have destroyed a few in my days. One got brutally wrapped into my driven clutch.

Dumont trip was great! Everyone treated us like family,great people, great food, great weather, great fun....wish I could have stayed longer. Over 1,000 miles each way sucked and my air mattress had a hole so that sucked too but didnt care. My machines were not very prepped for the ride so a little more wrenching at first than I wanted to. Bad water pump switch, water pump siezed up later, water leaks on my fittings, bad brakes, on n on n on. Mark (Elitespecialkid) swapped my backup 350 Engine in and I think it sheared the woodruff key...or that's what it acts/sounds like. My son mashed a rim n bent a tie rod on a witcheye on the very first dune we climbed! Classic! I also tore my rubber manifold on my 250R...leaned n siezed on day 2. I did a nice soft roll on a transferover a razorback...NickRNR has it on video, hope he posts it!!!!!

As soon as I down load n resize pics, they will be up...about lunch time.

Gary

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:09 pm 

some food pics...

Attachments:
792 (Large).jpg
792 (Large).jpg [ 63.77 KiB | Viewed 890 times ]
793 (Large).jpg
793 (Large).jpg [ 65.93 KiB | Viewed 890 times ]
800 (Large).jpg
800 (Large).jpg [ 50.45 KiB | Viewed 890 times ]
903 (Large).jpg
903 (Large).jpg [ 40.72 KiB | Viewed 890 times ]
905 (Large).jpg
905 (Large).jpg [ 67.13 KiB | Viewed 890 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:23 pm 

pics 1

Attachments:
File comment: I made my son get in the picture....he said he smells like shame. I laughed my ass off!
780 (Large).jpg
780 (Large).jpg [ 30.98 KiB | Viewed 888 times ]
781 (Large).jpg
781 (Large).jpg [ 30.81 KiB | Viewed 888 times ]
File comment: I bent and beat the tie rod straight and reused it. Rim...we will see if its salvagable later.
782 (Large).jpg
782 (Large).jpg [ 57.96 KiB | Viewed 888 times ]
784 (Large).jpg
784 (Large).jpg [ 46.57 KiB | Viewed 888 times ]
788 (Large).jpg
788 (Large).jpg [ 48.4 KiB | Viewed 888 times ]
789 (Large).jpg
789 (Large).jpg [ 55.36 KiB | Viewed 888 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:27 pm 

group 2 of pics

Attachments:
790 (Large).jpg