Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 5:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:30 pm 

I havent been their in a while where you planning to camp?

We use to camp at the north camp grounds.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:00 pm 

Is this trip still on? Are the dates confirmed??

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:17 pm 

Yep. confirmed, come on out

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:20 pm 

what are the final dates?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:26 pm 

Saturday thru Wednesday, April 20th - 24th. EZPilot will be there on Saturday and were shooting for Saturday but with all the repairs I hav to make to be ready, it might be Sunday at the latest. Were staying until Wednesday. Adnoh should make a day trip on Monday, Tuesday??

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:29 pm 

Ok.. Was just talking to Drakman, were tossing it around. If I go, I may shoot for Thursday so I can meet up with Mark and Steph too. They stay till Wed.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:31 pm 

THEN stay till Wednesday too.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:38 pm 

Hope you guys can make it. Looks like we might see Mark and family as the are pulling away...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:41 pm 

Mark is checking his schedule to see if they can make it. We will shorten our trip time too if they cannot.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:49 pm 

The weathers going to be a crapshoot. It was 45 today and 79 last Saturday, supposed to be 70's for this weekend, crossing fingers for the trip!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:51 pm 

If it gets nasty looking I would not go. I have a 37 ft motorhome now and will have to pull 21 ft featherlite behind it. Not a bad weather rig.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:03 pm 

Still planning on going but I wont know until the day before I leave if I am going it will depend on work and weather, its 15 hr drive for me so will only go if the weather is some what good, no use me driving 850 miles to watch it rain lol

Being its early in the season I assume their will be plenty of camp spots to be found on Saturday? I usually get their Sunday late afternoon when everybody is leaving then get the good camp sites, leave on Friday or Saturday depending on how busy the dunes are I don't like riding their when its over crowded.

Hope weather and work is in my favor its been a long time since I have had my Pilot on the dunes, last time I was their was for 2 days a few years ago on the way home from my big west trip.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:48 am 

Darn this is starting to look like a Must-Attend-Gathering... Mind if I come ?

Lets see here the first weekend after Tax Day - hum ( light bulb )
I know we can call it the first annual "FO Uncle Sam Lets Ride" trip (FOUSLR for short)

Shoot its been way to long - I Need a Sand fix...

Oldest son qualified for the State Science Olympiad with a mousetrap powered car I
helped him build - of course competition is April 20 but I should be able to push out
after that and drive most of the night to arrive early on Sunday April 21

Hope the weather straightens out...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:06 am 

I am with you on the weather thing. That will be the only reason I would not go. Got the Drak ready, just have to change the oil in the pilot and throw some paddles on them.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:25 pm 

Are you goign to make it Dennis? That would be awesome.. Where is everyone planning on camping? Mark asked as they stay at duces wild where you can reserve spots.. I like North camp but will go where ever the groups goes. I would assume there will still be plenty of spots but who knows?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:32 pm 

Spcled1 wrote:
Are you goign to make it Dennis? That would be awesome.. Where is everyone planning on camping? Mark asked as they stay at duces wild where you can reserve spots.. I like North camp but will go where ever the groups goes. I would assume there will still be plenty of spots but who knows?

Where is the duces wild?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:34 pm 

That is where you have to ride along the entrance road that goes to the North Camp. The trail takes you back into town, sort of near the car wash.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:09 pm 

I really hope everyone can make it, would be cool to get a gathering of Pilots. After staying at Dueces wild a few time we found the North Campground much more convenient to the park entrance. As mentioned before seems everyone clears out by Sunday afternoon and we have had the place to ourselves. Unless the weather is 100% bad I'm making the trip.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:36 pm 

I plan on making the trip..... (Not till Sunday thou...)
(May even bring my rookie brother along)

I myself have stayed at both - Deuces may be a little quieter on the weekends but I prefer the North Campground
I would also assume that there will be plenty of spots available everywhere come Sunday afternoon....

To me the only draw to Deuces is that you can rsrv each site ahead of time to make sure you have a spot.
No showers, only porta potties and little shade, plus the trail along the road to the campground is usually
full of whoops and dusty....

Dennis

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:46 am 

FL670R wrote:
I plan on making the trip..... (Not till Sunday thou...)
(May even bring my rookie brother along)

I myself have stayed at both - Deuces may be a little quieter on the weekends but I prefer the North Campground
I would also assume that there will be plenty of spots available everywhere come Sunday afternoon....

To me the only draw to Deuces is that you can rsrv each site ahead of time to make sure you have a spot.
No showers, only porta potties and little shade, plus the trail alone the road to the campground is usually
full of whoops and dusty....

Dennis

The last time I was their was the first time I had been their since you could ride up town so I took the ride down that whooped up dusty mess no way the bad disc in my neck could ever take riding them 2 miles of whoops then the mile of whoops to access the dunes each time I wanted to access the dunes (6 miles of whoops round trip) hopefully their will be spots open in the North camp when I get their, I like camping in a group just cant take the whoops.

Heard some people say they planned on paving that trail to town in the future but at the same time the rangers said they were going to leave it as is with the speed bumps this was a few years ago anybody know if it got paved or improved?

Hope the weather is good that week. :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:57 pm 

Based on what I've seen in the past by Sunday afternoon space shouldn't be a problem. I won't be in til late Saturday nite, so in reality Sunday will b the first ride day for me. Not sure about Stix and Adnoh. If needed can probably pull my trailer in one spot and truck in another to save spaces if needed.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:01 pm 

I might try to make this??? if I can crash on someones floor?
just depends on the weather and work schedule... I won't bring the toyhauler, but can throw the pilot on the back of the truck...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:05 am 

Turbotexas wrote:
I might try to make this??? if I can crash on someones floor?
just depends on the weather and work schedule... I won't bring the toyhauler, but can throw the pilot on the back of the truck...

You can crash on the floor of my trailer, Ill have to get the Pilots out first :-) .

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:13 am 

Don't be surprised if I show up too. I need another early sand fix too. It would only be a Sat n half day Sunday ride. Wish I could stay longer. Really would like to see some familiar faces and meet some new friends too. Might even bring the beastie to eyeball and give advice on.

Gary

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:25 am 

I want to see lots of pics and video! Have fun everyone!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next