Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:03 pm 

The day that Dennis flipped Ol' Blue, Ez71 was right on our ass with the wildcat all the way through the trails as well as the open dunes.. I would say they do not need a single seat, it fits right in and was plenty snappy. Several times Dennis and I were whipping through the trails and I would look back thinking Eric would be gone but he was right there.. I told Eric I would trade him my drak for the wildcat. He perked up but did not think the bank would like the collateral exchange. LOL I liked the wildcat a lot without even driving it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:39 pm 

I had a blast with the cat, but my pilot is still my favorite. It was good to see my old friends and make new ones. Eddie, I appreciate your hospitality and letting me stay in your home when it was 27 degress out. Dennis and Adnoh are impossible to keep up with out on the dunes. I gave up and and played on the bunny hills, lol. Sorry about your Pilot Marc, I'm sure you'll get it all figured out. I hope we can all do it soon. Wed was some of the best sand I've been on. As always I appreciate the help with my pilot and it's good times to get out. Still cool that people stop in their tracks to check out the Pilots.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:10 pm 

Yep 3 great riding days out of 4 so cant complain. Eddie I owe you a six pac and a bag of fritos minus the teenager saliva... KIDS! Had a good time hangin in the SpclEd Palace on wheels. Tanks for the tote back to camp EZ, next time DBharley and I wont be driving Ms Daisy so we will have to get the lead out. I liked the Wildcat as well, The only time I think I floored it was when we were on our way back to the South entrance, it was at that time I could stretch my leg and reach my foot all the way to the floor, dam "short" genes! I looked for the video of the place where everyone bout flipped, I like how Zac n EZ waited for me to hit it, I did and Man, whoooa. I was riding on only one wheel, I think it was the front left. I thot it was over and I mean flip over. but somehow I got control and then flogged it some more. I think my crap camera stopped recording for that one. Man Im ready to get back out there again!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:17 pm 

You guys are both right, great trip. Loved the time out on the dunes but love the in camp time as much. Inside the camper or out by the fire equally as well. Stix, you owe me nothing brother, just hit me wrong when he helped himself and then ate the whole bag. Your right, KIDS, but we cannot live without them, wouldn't want to. Just had to say something but probably should have just kept it to myself.
I was very impressed with the wildcat Eric. Love the pilots but have to say the extra cush ride that the Drak gives you along with 4 stroke, I am sold..

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:00 am 

Yep Great Trip.... (well minus the little oops)

I must agree with Eric that Wednesday after it storm and the wind blew hard all night the Dunes were the best/smoothest I have ever been on...
Mid week and maybe 1 or 2 other riders in the entire place...

Behind Rich we did our best to lay tracks all over that ocean of silk....
Damn that was fun...

------

Tuesday was the first time I've ever endo'd a Drak - and It was most likely my over braking that got me....

We had just stopped for a short break and I was out of the car looking a quickly darkening sky
Got back in and I was going to lead the troops back towards camp for the night.

I rolled slowly over the first dune and ran vertically up the face of the next but as I approached the top and tapped the brakes
I felt the front end drop quickly and the rear kicked up as I fell over the dune I hit left front and really thought that it would
level me off but the tire sunk - I tried to find the gas pedal but my foot was off of the heel stop as I felt the rear go past vertical...
( I often wonder if I had a Pilot steering wheel in the Drak if I could have pull it out in time by nailing the gas ?)
Anyhow next it was Right rear then Left front then rear then front then side / top...

I hung there in my 5point for a second or two then I reached down and turned the key off as the møtør was still running...
I hopped out and started trying to right the machine when Eric appeared and threw the machine back on the wheels with me

Sand/Sky/Sand/Sky/Sand/Sky/Sand - It was kinda odd as I was going ass over tee kettle - I keep thinking ok this can stop anytime now - lol

Anyhow back at the shop I took the panels off of her to look at the damage...
  Left Front Tire de-beaded
  Busted Left Mirror
  Left Front Broken Upper A-Arm
  Right Rear Upper Link support collapsed at frame
  Right Rear Front of Trailing Arm almost torn off the frame
  Rear Muffler Mount Torn Off of Frame
  Rear Transmission Shift Cable and mount smashed into Tranny by muffler
  Top Fiberglass Panel Cracked in 3+ places

All and all not real bad - I guess... oh and one nice 5" bruise and cut to my right leg...

Here are some picts - enjoy...
Dennis

Attachments:
IMG_1127.jpg
IMG_1127.jpg [ 192.37 KiB | Viewed 490 times ]
IMG_1126.jpg
IMG_1126.jpg [ 185.89 KiB | Viewed 490 times ]
IMG_1185.jpg
IMG_1185.jpg [ 131.11 KiB | Viewed 490 times ]
IMG_1124.jpg
IMG_1124.jpg [ 187.46 KiB | Viewed 490 times ]
IMG_1122.jpg
IMG_1122.jpg [ 212.28 KiB | Viewed 490 times ]
IMG_1130.jpg
IMG_1130.jpg [ 202.73 KiB | Viewed 490 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:07 am 

Oh Yea Here are a couple picts of the "Hoodlums of Mayhem"

and one almost naked Drak

DR

Attachments:
IMG_1107.jpg
IMG_1107.jpg [ 202.37 KiB | Viewed 490 times ]
IMG_1110.jpg
IMG_1110.jpg [ 186.33 KiB | Viewed 490 times ]
IMG_1108.jpg
IMG_1108.jpg [ 215.52 KiB | Viewed 490 times ]
IMG_1186.jpg
IMG_1186.jpg [ 223.86 KiB | Viewed 490 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:21 pm 

Any full throttle videos?

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:57 pm 

I think when was shooting some faster paced video the camera shut off and did not get any footage. May have been operator error or too many cold ones. We don't not ride that fast anyway we just like to think we do.

edit: I should not speak for the other so I will say I like to think I do.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:33 pm 

redskinman wrote:
Im seriously starting to consider going to this,my boss saw me watching some youtube videos today of riding the dunes,he said you need to do that,I said can I have off till thurssday and he said yes,so that's one hurdle down.It would be unpaid thought,that sucks.Just don't know if I can physche myself up to make that 12 hr drive by myself.
Is anybody bringing their wife or girlfriends?
Do I need to make reservations or can I just show up?
Does campground have hookups or do I need a generator?
If I go I wouldn't get there till sunday night,then leave wed

You think you can make the upcoming trip to Little Sahara??

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:31 pm 

stix wrote:
redskinman wrote:
Im seriously starting to consider going to this,my boss saw me watching some youtube videos today of riding the dunes,he said you need to do that,I said can I have off till thurssday and he said yes,so that's one hurdle down.It would be unpaid thought,that sucks.Just don't know if I can physche myself up to make that 12 hr drive by myself.
Is anybody bringing their wife or girlfriends?
Do I need to make reservations or can I just show up?
Does campground have hookups or do I need a generator?
If I go I wouldn't get there till sunday night,then leave wed

You think you can make the upcoming trip to Little Sahara??

When is it?

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:47 pm 

June 2nd thru 5th

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12144

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5