Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: GNCC in WV June 15
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:35 pm 

Trying to get some Pilot racers together for a GNCC cross country race on Saturday June 15 in WV. Any takers can call me. 724-350-0130.

Post subject: Re: GNCC in WV June 15
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:52 pm 

Added some pics to the post after the race. I got a flat tire on lap two, Dooey had trouble with his shifter, lead was handed to the new guy #5 Bob.

If any of you would like to plan ahead for September 12, we would like to get a good turnout for the GNCC in St. Clairsville OH.

Attachments:
File comment: pics from the pits
P79.JPG
P79.JPG [ 94.28 KiB | Viewed 723 times ]
File comment: Dooey working on his shifter on the Starting line. No better time to do this work, we were busy all afternoon before the race watching the grass grow.
P84.JPG
P84.JPG [ 128.02 KiB | Viewed 723 times ]
File comment: This is the new racer who had a lucky day.
P85.JPG
P85.JPG [ 104.83 KiB | Viewed 723 times ]
File comment: #0 on the starting line
P86.JPG
P86.JPG [ 111.37 KiB | Viewed 723 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:57 pm 

Looks like a nice day.

I wish Dooey still posted on here, good guy and I liked reading his race reports, not that theres anything wrong with yours MR.Trackside. :-)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:57 pm 

Looks like a good time.Do you just race against pilots or other utvs and sxs?Whats the track like and how long are the laps and the race?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:01 pm 

We race on the track with about 50 other vehicles. All UTVs. Lots of Can Am Commanders and Polaris RZRs. Highly modified and very fast vehicles. This course was different than most GNCCs for us. A short 3.5 miles through woods and fields over rocks and up and down natural terrain hills. Nothing too difficult for a Pilot though. The problem with this location was the rocky terrain. Most are not so rocky.

We start on the last starting row (13). Every 30-40 seconds, 4-6 buggies take off. We are only racing against other Pilots though. Since the top UTVs are so fast and since we did not start till about 6 minutes after them, it did not take them long to lap us.

A few years ago, we topped out with 11 Pilots in one GNCC in Ohio. Doubt we can ever see that again but it sure would be nice.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:51 pm 

Trackside wrote:
We race on the track with about 50 other vehicles. All UTVs. Lots of Can Am Commanders and Polaris RZRs. Highly modified and very fast vehicles. This course was different than most GNCCs for us. A short 3.5 miles through woods and fields over rocks and up and down natural terrain hills. Nothing too difficult for a Pilot though. The problem with this location was the rocky terrain. Most are not so rocky.

We start on the last starting row (13). Every 30-40 seconds, 4-6 buggies take off. We are only racing against other Pilots though. Since the top UTVs are so fast and since we did not start till about 6 minutes after them, it did not take them long to lap us.

A few years ago, we topped out with 11 Pilots in one GNCC in Ohio. Doubt we can ever see that again but it sure would be nice.

that's cool,wheres the video?
if the Pilots started on the front with the rzrs how do you think they'd do?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:12 pm 

I lost the go pro somewhere in the camper. I will find it this week and will post a video of the track.

The front row UTVs are way faster than a Pilot now days. They did not used to be, but they are highly modified now and Pilots do not stand a chance against them. A fast UTV could do an 8 minute lap that would take a Pilot 10 minutes to do. Mainly because they do not have to slow down for any rough stuff. However, it is not uncommon to find 10-15% of the UTVs sitting along the trail broke down.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:37 pm 

is it a timed event or a set number of laps? how long or how many?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:34 pm 

These tracks looks like a blast to ride, looks like it would be hard on the ol arms if you hit a tree though :shock:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:31 pm 

The GNCC is a timed event. You race for 1 hour.

Here is a youtube link that will show you the track. I forgot to turn on the camera on lap one, I had just gone through the main checkpoint then turned it on. You will see how many spectators are standing in the woods and see the rocks we had. Most GNCC trails are not this rocky for us, this is the worst. Next GNCC is in St.Clairsville OH Oct 12. Hope you can make it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MLdLxI8 ... e=youtu.be