Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:25 pm 

The weather here in Oklahoma is breaking finally. Its still hot but September weather is right around the corner. All you Little Sahara guys throw out some dates and lets get something planned!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:41 pm 

Looks like September 21st thru 25th is going to be the date. Chime in to see if these dates are good for yall, Redskin, DB??

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:49 am 

I'd love to go,we'll see but I doubt I can make it happen.All my vacation time is gone and after I take this cruise in a week so will all my money! lol
Man I wish that place was closer,gas just tears me up.At 8 mpg it gets expensive,and then theres missing the time off work unpaid.
Ive thought about getting trailer hitch put on my Kia Optima just to pull the Pilot up there and camp in a tent instead of pulling travel trailer,would definitely help on gas
But now Ive got the rzr,if I wanted to bring both I'd need to buy another trailer.Right now I can fit everything in my garage,already paying storage fee on travel trailer,don't want another storage bill.
I can carry the rzr in back of truck but I wouldn't want to carry it all the way to OK like that,I'm afraid the trucks gonna collapse taking it 30 miles down the road,lol

Attachments:
tra.jpg
tra.jpg [ 95.29 KiB | Viewed 1057 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:55 am 

Did you check on sandfest? I thought it was in sept and don't wanna b anywhere near that place when that's going on.

Those date will work for me. I'll try to contact Adnoh and see what he's up to. I might have a friend here that is getting a RZR and see if I can convince him to come.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:43 pm 

ez71pilot wrote:
Did you check on sandfest? I thought it was in sept and don't wanna b anywhere near that place when that's going on.

Those date will work for me. I'll try to contact Adnoh and see what he's up to. I might have a friend here that is getting a RZR and see if I can convince him to come.

Sandfest is Sept 13 thru 16 so we'll just miss it.

Gas is coming back down here, found it for 3.15 the other day.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:02 pm 

Mark from Ponca City is going to stop by for a day ride

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:33 pm 

If my Utah buddies bail on the Killpecker trip, we will come down there again...been too many years since I was there.

Gary

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:45 pm 

Yea it would be nice to see some guys from the forum show up. You and DBloudHarley can catch up on your FL350 tuning

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:12 pm 

A small group of sand car buddies & I are coming down for Sand fest. I'm extremely busy with work so I'm only going to be there from Fri. till Sunday. Don't have room for the Pilot as I'm bringing a sandrail and an XP 900. Someday I'll blow the dust off this ol' girl.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:50 pm 

Toyman wrote:
A small group of sand car buddies & I are coming down for Sand fest. I'm extremely busy with work so I'm only going to be there from Fri. till Sunday. Don't have room for the Pilot as I'm bringing a sandrail and an XP 900. Someday I'll blow the dust off this ol' girl.

Looks like were gonna jus miss seeing your rail, any upgrades to the 900? You'll be there smack in the middle of Sandfest. Were trying to avoid the crowds. But maybe next year we will go on Sandsfest or Snake Hunt just to buggy watch.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:46 am 

stix wrote:
Toyman wrote:

Looks like were gonna jus miss seeing your rail, any upgrades to the 900? You'll be there smack in the middle of Sandfest. Were trying to avoid the crowds. But maybe next year we will go on Sandsfest or Snake Hunt just to buggy watch.

It's one of the reasons I like to make these events. Always plenty of things to look at. Lots of people brings out lots of crazy behavior so you have to be on the lookout.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:59 pm 

Been trying to find someone to go with me to help offset the gas cost but cant find anybody so doesnt look like I'll be going :(

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:03 pm 

So did you guys make the trip? I havent heard anything Drak: -:: Drak:: Drak:: Draktwin ::-: ::: :shock: :-)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:17 pm 

redskinman wrote:
So did you guys make the trip? I havent heard anything

We had excellent weather. The sand was great and not choppy. The machines didnt hold up too well though. I have a prob with the wifes Pilot, it keeps eating belts. My 5oo lost a big rod bearing and Erics broke a cv boot. The only thing left runing by the end of the trip was His Wildcat, lol. It was good times as usual though...If you would have come we would have had to take turns in your Pilot :shock: -:: -:: -:: -::

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:58 am 

If it keeps eating belts see if any of the faces on the clutch has a crack or worn through spot.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:49 am 

stix wrote:
redskinman wrote:

We had excellent weather. The sand was great and not choppy. The machines didnt hold up too well though. I have a prob with the wifes Pilot, it keeps eating belts. My 5oo lost a big rod bearing and Erics broke a cv boot. The only thing left runing by the end of the trip was His Wildcat, lol. It was good times as usual though...If you would have come we would have had to take turns in your Pilot :shock: -:: -:: -:: -::

Damn that sucks,so just you and Eric showed up? Sucks just when you thought you got the jetting down a bearing goes out,what a pisser

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:20 am 

shoubadaba wrote:
If it keeps eating belts see if any of the faces on the clutch has a crack or worn through spot.

Ok, I need to thoroughly check them, I gave the drive a good visual and hands on inspection but I didnt see any unusual damage, just the usual belt wear on the faces. Im wondering if my driven might be locked up causing the belt the get oversqueezed? I don't know, Im going to try to get that dam bolt out today after soaking in PB Blaster for a few days.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:22 am 

redskinman wrote:
stix wrote:
redskinman wrote:

Damn that sucks,so just you and Eric showed up? Sucks just when you thought you got the jetting down a bearing goes out,what a pisser

Yes it do suck! Was my wife, me and Eric on this trip. Yep everything was running and going good then, pooof! Damn, well back to the garage they go!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:23 pm 

If its the stock drive it only closes down to the same width as your belt. So over squeezing wont occur. Usually if it meeps popping belts its either dried out old belts or clutch face wear causing excesive heat. Were your belts newer and kept in a bag out if heat til in use? Or were the replacements in the stock holder spot in the pilots frame?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:02 pm 

shoubadaba wrote:
If its the stock drive it only closes down to the same width as your belt. So over squeezing wont occur. Usually if it meeps popping belts its either dried out old belts or clutch face wear causing excesive heat. Were your belts newer and kept in a bag out if heat til in use? Or were the replacements in the stock holder spot in the pilots frame?

I was thinking driven because when I screw the bolt into the threaded hole to spread the faces, the screw wil thread all the way untill it hits the face, then it takes a hell of a lot of torque to get the faces to spread so that's why I was thinking driven pulley problems, maybe something in the pulley not allowing the pulley to spread and squeezing the belt, I did put a video camera on the driven and both pulleys seem to spread as they should??

The first belt that broke was the Mitsuboshi, it was just probably out of width spec, then I put on another used Mitsuboshi, this one was used as well and carried in my spare belt place near the side panel, it broke only about 10 minutes later after the first, so I installed a used spare Gates belt. I ran it conservatively to get me back to camp, then at camp I make a hard pull and I think I could smell that belt heating up as well, so I shut it down, brought it home and ready to check the driven when I get that bolt to break loose. Like you said maybe those belts were on thier last leg, but I have I have never shredded a stock Honda belt before so that's what prompted me to check the pulleys.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:54 pm 

that's a great video. They are shifting correctly. How hot are the clutches after a hard pull?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:55 pm 

Ill hafta check that, how hot are they supposed to be? I pulled the driven clutch apart, the only thing I really found was that the spring was really tight around that cylindrical plastic piece. I finally got it loose and got a wire brush after the spring to knock some of the rust off of it. It still fits tight but not nearly as tight as it was before I got rid of the rust. I might just lube it there with some comet clutch lube or a dry lube.

Profile E-mail