Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 2:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Years Glamis
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:34 pm 

Its that time again 2014 is comming and we will be going to make a trip to Glamis I will be rolling out on January first at about 6 am Going to try and camp off of Gecko Rd Il will be staying til Sunday so 5 days in the sand

Post subject: Re: New Years Glamis
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:10 pm 

shoubadaba wrote:
Its that time again 2014 is comming and we will be going to make a trip to Glamis I will be rolling out on January first at about 6 am Going to try and camp off of Gecko Rd Il will be staying til Sunday so 5 days in the sand

Gecko Rd on the 1st LOL good luck with that one...

My son was asking about Glamis this weekend when he was home said he thought he might be off work about new years and wanted to make another trip, doubt its going to happen Easter maybe but not new years.

Hope you guys have a good time that place was a great time the year we were their, cool watching the hundreds of Christmas trees burn at midnight :-)

Take lots of pics and video...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:00 pm 

shoubadaba wrote:

But remember, if we can't get certain people to commit (cough cough.... :-) ) we are going to Dumont.

And yeah, I don't think Gecko on the 1st will happen dude. Too packed. Lets shoot for the washes.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:49 pm 

nickRNR wrote:
shoubadaba wrote:

But remember, if we can't get certain people to commit (cough cough.... :-) ) we are going to Dumont.

And yeah, I don't think Gecko on the 1st will happen dude. Too packed. Lets shoot for the washes.

Cough cough. Plan your trip like we are not going. Scott has 3 kids now and my balls are in my new girlfriends purse so odds of us being there are slim to none :-)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:29 pm 

Dumont is closer for me!

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:15 am 

awwww i want to hit china wall in the drakart and the pilot with the 583. woot woot

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:28 am 

I'll be at Glamis New Years, usually go about the 27th and stay through the 2nd, I'll be in the wash, probably 2 you know the place.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:29 am 

Jordan and I might show up in my RV for a few days. We are also going to do a Dumont trip before this trip, going to post a thread now.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:48 pm 

just bringing this post to the top, My phone works at Glamis, let me know when you get camped and we'll try to meet up, olds, hill 5, the flag???

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:04 pm 

Well, our trip is falling apart. Jordanhiggins2002 just got a new job, starts Jan 2nd. He was going to camp with me in the RV, I was going to tow all the toys, he was going to cover fuel costs. So as of right now, I am not making the trip. Unless something else comes up.

I hear others are falling out as well, but I will let them speak for themselves.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:13 pm 

well I'll be there, Chris, if you need a group to camp with let me know, that goes for all.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:10 pm 

Count me out, I'm not going to make this one.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:31 am 

Spoke to Jordan again, we might just come out Friday night till Sunday. Will see.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:26 am 

I have been to Glamis by myself and had a great time don't pass up a riding trip because a few people cancel, their is thousands of people to ride with once you get their, met a lot of really nice people to camp and ride with when I was their alone, hint park by and associate with people that have AZ plates all my bad experiences with people at Glamis had California plates and were the biggest assholes and pricks I ever met in the off road groups, they also have the dirtiest camps, nothing but great things to say about all those I encountered with AZ plates.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:26 pm 

hoser wrote:
I have been to Glamis by myself and had a great time don't pass up a riding trip because a few people cancel, their is thousands of people to ride with once you get their, met a lot of really nice people to camp and ride with when I was their alone, hint park by and associate with people that have AZ plates all my bad experiences with people at Glamis had California plates and were the biggest assholes and pricks I ever met in the off road groups, they also have the dirtiest camps, nothing but great things to say about all those I encountered with AZ plates.

So THAT'S why you haven't ridden with us in the past few years! The truth finally comes out! :-)

This trip is more about cost to me. Jordan is going to pay fuel costs round trip in the RV. That is the only way I can afford to go.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:19 pm 

nickRNR wrote:
hoser wrote:

So THAT'S why you haven't ridden with us in the past few years! The truth finally comes out! :-)

This trip is more about cost to me. Jordan is going to pay fuel costs round trip in the RV. That is the only way I can afford to go.

I havent been to the dunes since I was with you guys last, I have been to Glamis 4-5 times not much left to see their, rather be riding in the desert where their is thousands of miles of trails I have not seen yet, last time I went to CA gas was like .90 a gallon more and I spent like 150 bux camping fees AZ and NV its a free to camp, been checking out some trails in CA will have to come spend about a month their soon to check them out maybe can get you guys to ride the desert too?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:21 pm 

I'm heading out tomorrow, 12/28, anyone else?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:19 pm 

UPDATE:

Shoubadaba and I will be going to Dumont this Friday Jan. 3rd and staying until Sunday the 5th. Am thinking of camping at Little Dumont this time. All are welcome. PM me for cell info.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:34 pm 

nickRNR wrote:
UPDATE:

Shoubadaba and I will be going to Dumont this Friday Jan. 3rd and staying until Sunday the 5th. Am thinking of camping at Little Dumont this time. All are welcome. PM me for cell info.

Glamis is out Dumont is in?

Looks like your going to have perfect weather too.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/S ... v_outdoors

Look for that trail that goes from Dumont to LA while your there this trip :-) Its suppose to be on the west side some place? I wonder if they are talking about the old railroad tracks?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:49 am 

Yup, Dumont is the destination. Looks like Halorising is gonna make it too. Haven't been able to get in touch with Westecbuilder, he pm'd me a few days ago, I responded, then tried to call and text him with no answer.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:51 am 

im bringing the drakart and rhino as the pilot is down for a while

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:17 pm 

I'm back!
arrived Saturday afternoon, weather great!
Sunday morning woke up to some pretty good wind, the perfect amount, the dunes were virgin and enough wind to keep them that way all day but not so bad that you need to wear goggles in camp.
the rest of the time was just breezy, temps were T shirt weather, by Wednesday the dunes were pretty tore up but still lots of fun.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:02 pm 

Kuma wrote:
I'm back!
arrived Saturday afternoon, weather great!
Sunday morning woke up to some pretty good wind, the perfect amount, the dunes were virgin and enough wind to keep them that way all day but not so bad that you need to wear goggles in camp.
the rest of the time was just breezy, temps were T shirt weather, by Wednesday the dunes were pretty tore up but still lots of fun.

Glad you had a good time any pics or videos?

The others detoured to Dumont :shock:

Profile E-mail