Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:07 am 

Two more trips planned for Glamis before season end!

March 27-30

April 10-13

Myself and one other Drakart and possibly a second "Alain Fricker" from Drakart planning on these two sets of dates so long as there aren't skin removing winds :shock:
Any and all welcome. We camp down near the end of Gecko road on left side, this is the best surface we have found for my wheelchair to get around. If anyone is interested in buying my 1990 Long Travel pilot, I might be able to tow it out there for test drive??

Cheers
Tadrad

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:16 pm 

I've been thinking about one last dune trip this season. Will keep you posted.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:09 pm 

Hey, lets go Nick. My boys are on spring break these next two weeks.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:21 pm 

I'm headed out this Thursday or Friday depending if my son can go or not. forecast says about 85*

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:31 pm 

I have spring break next week, which lines up with the March trip Tadrad wants to do. Money is tight as of right now. Will have to see. Defiantly want to go though.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:52 am 

tadrad wrote:
Two more trips planned for Glamis before season end!

March 27-30

April 10-13

Myself and one other Drakart and possibly a second "Alain Fricker" from Drakart planning on these two sets of dates so long as there aren't skin removing winds :shock:
Any and all welcome. We camp down near the end of Gecko road on left side, this is the best surface we have found for my wheelchair to get around. If anyone is interested in buying my 1990 Long Travel pilot, I might be able to tow it out there for test drive??

Cheers
Tadrad

Wish I could go tell Alain hoser says hi!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:19 am 

It is with much regret that the first Glamis trip March 27-30, is not looking possible for me! I will post again when I know for sure

Tadrad :-(

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:36 am 

I'm headed out tomorrow, Nick, Chris or anyone else is welcome.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:17 pm 

Okay, I will not be going to Glamis March 27-30 for sure! My season is most likely over as there has been a catastrof@#k
I left my Drakart in to a local bike shop last week to have a new clutch installed. I called yesterday to see if it was ready for pick up and they said no but asked me to come by. I got there to find my buggy had extensive damage to the front left corner! I was extremely pissed off all day and this morning I talked with the owner and explained the car needed to be taken to Drakart for complete repair. He agreed and that is now in motion.
I will add to this post when I know more, slim chance I'll make it out for the April meet BUT it does remain my goal at this point in time!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:11 pm 

That sucks. Was the damage there and you didn't know about it? Or did the shop mess it up somehow?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:12 pm 

Kuma wrote:
I'm headed out tomorrow, Nick, Chris or anyone else is welcome.

I will be in Vegas this weekend for some good 'ol redneck fun! Going to the monster truck races Friday and Saturday nights.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:22 pm 

nickRNR wrote:
That sucks. Was the damage there and you didn't know about it? Or did the shop mess it up somehow?

No, the shop put it into a wall while on an un-warranted test drive. I'd warned them it was fast and there was not enough space to do any type of test ride at their facility. Regardless, None needed for a new clutch?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:08 pm 

pics

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:09 pm 

have Alain charge them double for their stupidity

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:48 pm 

shoubadaba wrote:
have Alain charge them double for their stupidity

They're good guys and I aint out to hurt them. I still get the dirty stick regardless as the next buyer is going to see repair work regardless of pics and documentation from manufacturer. Sucks balls!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:25 pm 

tadrad wrote:
Okay, I will not be going to Glamis March 27-30 for sure! My season is most likely over as there has been a catastrof@#k
I left my Drakart in to a local bike shop last week to have a new clutch installed. I called yesterday to see if it was ready for pick up and they said no but asked me to come by. I got there to find my buggy had extensive damage to the front left corner! I was extremely pissed off all day and this morning I talked with the owner and explained the car needed to be taken to Drakart for complete repair. He agreed and that is now in motion.
I will add to this post when I know more, slim chance I'll make it out for the April meet BUT it does remain my goal at this point in time!

Sounds like that attention to detail thing again, sorry you had to be the victim of someone that cant follow simple instruction.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:36 am 

Wow this is a bad chain of events, how has the repairs gone with Alain? Any news? Sorry yo hear of your misfortunes!!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:11 am 

Mudbogger wrote:
Wow this is a bad chain of events, how has the repairs gone with Alain? Any news? Sorry yo hear of your misfortunes!!!!

Alain received my buggy on Friday evening and will remove the panels on Monday to take a closer look at everything. He is very busy at present with a contract from Europe so it my be a week or two before I know the extent of the damage. To the naked eye, front left suspension components mostly ripped away from frame, front left shock bent, front left spindle damaged and with the naked eye but better yet with a straight edge you can see couple of straight chassis tubes are bent which was a dead giveaway from seeing the floor bent and tortured looking. I will post more when I have more
Tadrad

Profile E-mail