Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 9:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:57 pm 

Since this trip was taken up with some wrenching, and the heat was oppressive some of us talked about a return trip based on the weather. Sooooo, I was looking at some dates and May31st or June 1st arrival and stay 3-4 days. This of course if dependent on the weather. Who's in?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:19 pm 

dang ez already!!!! I thought you were going to let someone else pick the date . lol Lets ride I just wanna ride.
for now count me in.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:24 pm 

Who's got a pilot I can have errr borrow? :-) :-)

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:37 pm 

Yep, too much wrenching and complaining about heat and failing AC units. I found something to cool you guys down

Attachments:
hello4.jpg
hello4.jpg [ 41.46 KiB | Viewed 877 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:38 pm 

redskinman wrote:
Im sure you can ride shotgun with EZ in his Hello Wildcat.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:54 pm 

ill check my days off. if I am off then count me in.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:33 pm 

anybody spek un se duch? I was so thirsty and hot i would have drank that hot.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:46 pm 

It will be comin up quick, I already have put in orders for more parts so I can privide entertainment in the wrenching department. Getting tired of buying ice every other day and the ice chests take up so much room in that little house on wheels so I had to fork out $400 for a new frige for the RV. Then I have to remove the old ammonia spittin unit and custom install the new one. So I have my work cut out before the next run. Ill try to keep the wrenching down to a minimim so we can RIDE JUST RIDE!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:20 am 

I would have liked to have made this trip even without a pilot but I'm already taking off memorial day weekend for http://redfest.com/ so taking off the next weekend is out of the question

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:11 pm 

If you guys wanna do a different set of days just put em out there. I figured the sooner the better with the weather.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 9:12 pm 

stix wrote:
redskinman wrote:
Im sure you can ride shotgun with EZ in his Hello Wildcat.

There is a good chance the cat will stay at home this trip. I really wanna get some hrs on the other pilot. I spent most of the day today changing out the tank and put a new pump on it. Leak checking it now. I've got some carb work to do on it and get it ready. So I'll probably bring both pilots this time.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 9:38 pm 

I am in an outage at work but may still be able to make it. I am in if at all possible. I plan to bring a trx250r as a back up ride this time

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 9:18 am 

how is everyone looking?

I may have to pitch my daughter end of the season tournament that weekend. BUT they may be extending the season due to rain outs :-)

either way my pilot is ready and my beater 250r is ready. If the ball game is moved out i will be there.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 10:06 am 

I'm out but i have the last week of august off and thinking about making the trip if some others are interested.The heat doesnt bother me so long as trailer a/c's working when im done riding :)

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 10:37 am 

stix wrote:
It will be comin up quick, I already have put in orders for more parts so I can privide entertainment in the wrenching department. Getting tired of buying ice every other day and the ice chests take up so much room in that little house on wheels so I had to fork out $400 for a new frige for the RV. Then I have to remove the old ammonia spittin unit and custom install the new one. So I have my work cut out before the next run. Ill try to keep the wrenching down to a minimim so we can RIDE JUST RIDE!

Before you toss the old RV fridge try this, turn it upside down for a week then turn it back upright and plug it in and see if it cools, sometimes they get a bubble inside that prevents the flow..

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 12:48 pm 

ChrisV wrote:
how is everyone looking?

I may have to pitch my daughter end of the season tournament that weekend. BUT they may be extending the season due to rain outs :-)

either way my pilot is ready and my beater 250r is ready. If the ball game is moved out i will be there.

Waiting for the weather forecast to make the final decision. If all is good there I'm in. Hopfully be able to make a final decision by next Wed. My plan is to drive on Saturday and try to get to North Campground by noon or so Sunday. I've reserved spot 611 at Buttercup.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 1:54 pm 

if i make it i will be there on the 30th-1st. i am a weekender due to work.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:25 pm 

redskinman wrote:
I'm out but i have the last week of august off and thinking about making the trip if some others are interested.The heat doesnt bother me so long as trailer a/c's working when im done riding :)

If not toooo dang hot we'll join ya'll

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:27 pm 

ez71pilot wrote:
ChrisV wrote:
how is everyone looking?

I've reserved spot 611 at Buttercup.

North?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:28 pm 

ChrisV wrote:
if i make it i will be there on the 30th-1st. i am a weekender due to work.

Im in for 31st thru 3rd

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:34 pm 

hoser wrote:
stix wrote:

Before you toss the old RV fridge try this, turn it upside down for a week then turn it back upright and plug it in and see if it cools, sometimes they get a bubble inside that prevents the flow..

Couple years ago before a ride, I turned on the fridge to cool it off before we went out the next day. The RV was on a slight incline, guess it was just enough to clog it up. So I pulled it and did like you said, flipped it upside down let is set for 2 days. Reinstalled and it worked like a charm for a year. Late last season I turned it on again and after about an hour of cooling off I open the door and bout got knocked to the ground by the ammonia, seemed to have leaked inside the fridge on the cooling unit. So its toast. Sold it on craigs list, ha. Ill post an RV frige woes of the new frige retrofit, I shot a few pics during the install of the half size frige. Almost got it trimmed in.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 8:42 pm 

Yes Stix, North. Prob won't need the reservation but did it any for two nights to secure the spot. Didn't need a deposit either, just clicked reserve.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 10:17 am 

weather is looking decent

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Waynoka+OK+73860

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:10 pm 

I'm on the fence on this, Almost as hot as last trip. The average highs are supposed to be 85ish and was hoping for that or close to it. I know ur only in for the weekend and I was lookinat at Sun to at least Wed and those days are 93-97 range.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:34 pm 

ez71pilot wrote:
I'm on the fence on this, Almost as hot as last trip. The average highs are supposed to be 85ish and was hoping for that or close to it. I know ur only in for the weekend and I was lookinat at Sun to at least Wed and those days are 93-97 range.

Night riding at Little Sahara is a blast if you have a good leader :-) You tent camping or in a RV?

Profile E-mail