Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 12:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 1:25 pm 

hoser wrote:
ez71pilot wrote:
I'm on the fence on this, Almost as hot as last trip. The average highs are supposed to be 85ish and was hoping for that or close to it. I know ur only in for the weekend and I was lookinat at Sun to at least Wed and those days are 93-97 range.

Night riding at Little Sahara is a blast if you have a good leader :-) You tent camping or in a RV?

I do enjoy going out at night, but after my LS crash a few years ago I'm a little like drivin Miss Daisy. The one Pilot has Rigid LED light on it and it helps alot. I turn the 23' trailer into my little apartment to sleep in. Not too bad but just a fan to keep it cool. Been looking at installing a window ac unit but I don't wanna lock myself in the tailer after we ride. Its just nice to set out during the day after a ride and visit and bs. It was just so stinking hot last time. I haven't bailed yet, just debating. I really wanna ride. I'll wait to here from Stix, DBharley and Adnoh to see what the group is gonna do. When it was 95 out the last trip I think Adnoh's Vapor was showing 115 out on the sand.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 2:07 pm 

ez71pilot wrote:
hoser wrote:
ez71pilot wrote:
I'm on the fence on this, Almost as hot as last trip. The average highs are supposed to be 85ish and was hoping for that or close to it. I know ur only in for the weekend and I was lookinat at Sun to at least Wed and those days are 93-97 range.

Night riding at Little Sahara is a blast if you have a good leader :-) You tent camping or in a RV?

I do enjoy going out at night, but after my LS crash a few years ago I'm a little like drivin Miss Daisy. The one Pilot has Rigid LED light on it and it helps alot. I turn the 23' trailer into my little apartment to sleep in. Not too bad but just a fan to keep it cool. Been looking at installing a window ac unit but I don't wanna lock myself in the tailer after we ride. Its just nice to set out during the day after a ride and visit and bs. It was just so stinking hot last time. I haven't bailed yet, just debating. I really wanna ride. I'll wait to here from Stix, DBharley and Adnoh to see what the group is gonna do. When it was 95 out the last trip I think Adnoh's Vapor was showing 115 out on the sand.

I hear ya if you drive that far you want it to be near perfect I also hate the heat, keep an eye on the weather hopefully a cold front will move in about the day you want to ride :-)

Details about your crash?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 2:14 pm 

im good through tuesday as long as my junk holds up. i took a couple extra days off. I need to see about some sort of AC for sleeping. The heat during that day does not bother me.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 2:33 pm 

ez71pilot wrote:
hoser wrote:
ez71pilot wrote:
I haven't bailed yet, just debating. I really wanna ride. I'll wait to here from Stix, DBharley and Adnoh to see what the group is gonna do. When it was 95 out the last trip I think Adnoh's Vapor was showing 115 out on the sand.

its not going to get any cooler for a while!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 3:55 pm 

I hear ya if you drive that far you want it to be near perfect I also hate the heat, keep an eye on the weather hopefully a cold front will move in about the day you want to ride :-)

Details about your crash?[/quote]

I thought I had a thread on it, can't find it. It was only my 2nd or 3rd trip out so I was still learning the dunes and how stuff sneaks up on you. What sucks it was the last few minutes of 4 day trip with Stix and Adnoh and I was following Stix around. I guess I got a little comfortable and not paying attention and took a line outside of his tracks and went off the high side of a dune that had about 10-13' drop. It was too late when I saw it at the last second. You know how the smaller stuff blends in with the horizon beyond it and it all looked flat to me. Anyway just held on and hit nose first and think I flipped 3-4 times. I bend the steering column and shaft about 2 inches or so off center to the right. Ripped the left rear tire off the rim. Bent the front box of the frame an inch or so, bent tie rods etc, and messed up some plastics. More than anything scared me slow. I'm 250# and the harness and everything kept me pretty secure. So now at night, I don't see so well anyway I don't run real hard. Even during day trips I'm a lot more attentive and I'm damn sure I know what I'm going over.

Spent that whole winter with it apart and a frame shop helped out, new steering shaft and all the parts I could find new were replaced. It's the same pilot Adnoh just helped me maintenance the axles and stuff on. Thing is still going strong and you cant really tell I ever had a mishap. Real shame as it was a museum piece before, lol.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 4:01 pm 

ChrisV wrote:
im good through tuesday as long as my junk holds up. i took a couple extra days off. I need to see about some sort of AC for sleeping. The heat during that day does not bother me.

I was just hoping for normal temps, I hear ya though that the longer we go probably gonna be even warmer. Sounds like ur locked in. I think we just need to get away from the place we stayed at before also. No shade and frickin dusty as hell. We need to plan on North or somewhere that's not got a bunch of activity on all sides and some shade. Also even that short ride on the asphalt to the gate chewed on my sand tires some.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 6:22 pm 

ez71pilot wrote:

Quote:
I thought I had a thread on it, can't find it. It was only my 2nd or 3rd trip out so I was still learning the dunes and how stuff sneaks up on you. What sucks it was the last few minutes of 4 day trip with Stix and Adnoh and I was following Stix around. I guess I got a little comfortable and not paying attention and took a line outside of his tracks and went off the high side of a dune that had about 10-13' drop. It was too late when I saw it at the last second. You know how the smaller stuff blends in with the horizon beyond it and it all looked flat to me. Anyway just held on and hit nose first and think I flipped 3-4 times. I bend the steering column and shaft about 2 inches or so off center to the right. Ripped the left rear tire off the rim. Bent the front box of the frame an inch or so, bent tie rods etc, and messed up some plastics. More than anything scared me slow. I'm 250# and the harness and everything kept me pretty secure. So now at night, I don't see so well anyway I don't run real hard. Even during day trips I'm a lot more attentive and I'm damn sure I know what I'm going over.

Spent that whole winter with it apart and a frame shop helped out, new steering shaft and all the parts I could find new were replaced. It's the same pilot Adnoh just helped me maintenance the axles and stuff on. Thing is still going strong and you cant really tell I ever had a mishap. Real shame as it was a museum piece before, lol.
[/quote]

I know exactly what your talking about the sand can play tricks on the eyes and mind, their are times in full sun I rather not be riding the dunes because you can be so easily sand blind and not see things you should be...

Glad your ok and the Pilot is still running.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 6:32 pm 

hoser wrote:
ez71pilot wrote:

Quote:

hoser wrote:
I know exactly what your talking about the sand can play tricks on the eyes and mind, their are times in full sun I rather not be riding the dunes because you can be so easily sand blind and not see things you should be...

Glad your ok and the Pilot is still running.

When I noticed EZ wasn't behind me anymore I made a U turn to find him walking around daysed and confused from the wreck. The PIlot looked like Godzilla got a hold of it. EZ wasn't crying too bad, I think the tears were for his pilot and not from being hurt, Well at least we can joke about it now since its been a while, yep you really have to be careful when the sand is blowing, its like a mirage of ground in front of you when it can be a drop off... I still have to hold back when I find myself getting too brave.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 8:45 pm 

I will be at the lake. I will be back Sunday night and load for Monday. Got the dcp aligned and ready to finish putting it together.
Yes ez it was 115 on the sand.
Stix, after looking the bump kit over I will be reworking the whole kit.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 9:18 pm 

When I noticed EZ wasn't behind me anymore I made a U turn to find him walking around daysed and confused from the wreck. The PIlot looked like Godzilla got a hold of it. EZ wasn't crying too bad, I think the tears were for his pilot and not from being hurt, Well at least we can joke about it now since its been a while, yep you really have to be careful when the sand is blowing, its like a mirage of ground in front of you when it can be a drop off... I still have to hold back when I find myself getting too brave.

I cried all the way home, lol. Yeah I never thought of it that way, but it did look like Godzilla used it for a chew toy. Live a learn though.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 9:20 pm 

adnoh wrote:
I will be at the lake. I will be back Sunday night and load for Monday. Got the dcp aligned and ready to finish putting it together.
Yes ez it was 115 on the sand.
Stix, after looking the bump kit over I will be reworking the whole kit.

I think we all should be at the lake , that sounds much more inviting. Well, I guess we're gonna beat the heat and ride, just ride! I'll probably leave here Friday then and look to get in sometime saturday. You know me, I'll b looking for some primo spots at the north campground.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 8:33 am 

EZ,

what size is your trailer?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:07 am 

ChrisV wrote:
EZ,

what size is your trailer?

8.5 x 23'

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 10:42 pm 

I don't want to speak for anyone but it does look like Stix is out. So I'm just checking to see who all is committed. I know Adnoh looks good for Monday, You still in Chris? DBHarley?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 10:48 pm 

EZ, if plans change and you do not go leave me a voice mail. I'm leaving tomorrow for the lake. Do not feel you have to go if I'm the only one available. I can go about any time.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:21 am 

i can be there saturday the 31st - tuesday the 3rd. most likely head home on the 4th.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 11:07 pm 

Guys I am pretty solid when a date is set , but it just isnt going to happen I have one house I am finishing and got a start on another
the bills come first, sometimes being large and incharge SSSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKSSSSSS. But anyone in construction knows that I guess when I have the work I need the dough like everyone else you just don't turn it down. I am still trying to recover from the dadgumed recession I am about there , sure am glad the oil is keeping oklahoma going. I would be able to hit it next weekend.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 12:16 am 

Im gonna shoot for the weekend after as well.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:40 am 

dbloudharleys wrote:
Guys I am pretty solid when a date is set , but it just isnt going to happen I have one house I am finishing and got a start on another
the bills come first, sometimes being large and incharge SSSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKSSSSSS. But anyone in construction knows that I guess when I have the work I need the dough like everyone else you just don't turn it down. I am still trying to recover from the dadgumed recession I am about there , sure am glad the oil is keeping oklahoma going. I would be able to hit it next weekend.

Yup in construction you make the money whilst work is available, I used over time money I made in the 90's to make my RZR-S and my LT Pilot purchases :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 2:02 pm 

Looks like next weekend into next week is better. So I'm looking at hopefully getting there Sunday June 6th, staying til Wed or Thur 9th-10th. Let me know guys. Ty EZ

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 6:28 pm 

I was "testing" out the pilot today and really just showing out how I could wheely. well I back flipped it up on the roof.

the wife got a real kick out of that :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:13 pm 

ChrisV wrote:
I was "testing" out the pilot today and really just showing out how I could wheely. well I back flipped it up on the roof.

the wife got a real kick out of that :-)

Ha wheres the video!? :)

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 8:47 pm 

I guess you fixed the clutch . :shock: lol

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 9:35 pm 

Shoulda warned ya!

Watch out for that first step...it's a DOOZY! :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 10:16 pm 

dbloudharleys wrote:
I guess you fixed the clutch . :shock: lol

sort of. I think the alignment is off

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next