Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 4:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: heres race 5
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:23 am 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nglq8MfefIw
look at the lower left at 730. yup that was steve wheels again!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: heres race 5
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:49 am 

Damn! Hope he and the pilot are both alright!

How's the rotax treating you? Sure sounds good.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:38 pm 

It ran like crap. Really lean. I think the seal we used to seal the pipe leak closed off the fitting where they meet. I think my top end is toast after the last race. compresion test and csi coming.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:18 am 

that is really painful to watch. that track looked terrible. way over watered, design was crappy,couldnt tell where lanes were, and Steve rolled twice?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:16 am 

Wow that track looked rough but the pilot looked like it was soaking it up pretty good.Was that Steve that got nailed at 2:20 also? Other time looked like he was trying to pass and never saw that object on the ground :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:05 am 

nickRNR wrote:
that is really painful to watch. that track looked terrible. way over watered, design was crappy,couldnt tell where lanes were, and Steve rolled twice?

Its off road racing the track is suppose to be challenging I thought it was great seeing a track that didnt look like it was groomed for a nascar driver :-)

Have you ever watch the greats like Walker Evans race on a off road track that was confined to a area where the whole course was visible from grandstands like the old SODA or COOR racing series, when they had practice Walker Evans and a few others would hit the track as a hot lap, full on RACE MODE whilst others were feeling it out driving slow, yeah I was the guy at the sidelines of their drivers meetings that would bust out laughing when one of the racers would complain about over watering the track or dust, I would make sure to laugh loud enough to attract the attention of the track officials, it was comical to hear them guys crying about track conditions, when you watched the races and see the truly greats turn a pile of shit track into 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th places race after race after race.

Just RACE! lets see who can do the best with what they were given, go home complain to your mommy or wife lol they ALL are racing on the same track under the same conditions so who is really better equipped.

I thought the track was cool setup where your half inside and out, I will assume it was designed to keep the speeds where they could afford insurance for future races, what was that building used for before offroad racing?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:50 pm 

Who'd ya punt in the beginning?

Inside outside thing is pretty cool. Don't think I'd want to tag the gate opening though. They could of thrown a bale in front of the posts.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:54 pm 

hoser wrote:
nickRNR wrote:

Its off road racing the track is suppose to be challenging I thought it was great seeing a track that didnt look like it was groomed for a nascar driver :-)

Have you ever watch the greats like Walker Evans race on a off road track that was confined to a area where the whole course was visible from grandstands like the old SODA or COOR racing series, when they had practice Walker Evans and a few others would hit the track as a hot lap, full on RACE MODE whilst others were feeling it out driving slow, yeah I was the guy at the sidelines of their drivers meetings that would bust out laughing when one of the racers would complain about over watering the track or dust, I would make sure to laugh loud enough to attract the attention of the track officials, it was comical to hear them guys crying about track conditions, when you watched the races and see the truly greats turn a pile of shit track into 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th places race after race after race.

Just RACE! lets see who can do the best with what they were given, go home complain to your mommy or wife lol they ALL are racing on the same track under the same conditions so who is really better equipped.

I thought the track was cool setup where your half inside and out, I will assume it was designed to keep the speeds where they could afford insurance for future races, what was that building used for before offroad racing?

Nope, I would never put my machine through that torture. If I showed up to a race and the track looked like that, I would load back up and leave.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:31 pm 

I liked the track! Stay out of the fluffy stuff and youll go faster! Nick? really don't remember you having "Trailer Queens"? hahahaha

nickRNR wrote:
hoser wrote:
nickRNR wrote:

Nope, I would never put my machine through that torture. If I showed up to a race and the track looked like that, I would load back up and leave.

Profile E-mail