Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:01 pm 

Just looking at my work schedule and when I can go. Hoping to do a Sept and Oct trip before putting the machines into hibernation. I think Sandfest is the weekend before, if I'm wrong let me know. Would arrive LS Sat 20th and prob head out Wed 24th. Wadda ya think?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:45 pm 

From what I was able to find Sandfest is Sept 12-14
I might be able to make those dates but most likely it would be the next week,27-?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:31 pm 

Ill have to get back with you, my pilot is still up on blocks waiting for a CV boot, jens has a few issues I need to address from here endows, Then I might upgrade my carb so Ill keep yall posted here.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:12 pm 

Im fully prepared to go on the 27th. I called the local motel and reserved a room just in case. Can only go for the weekend so taking the RV didnt make sence to me. My wife is an accountant so a three day weekend is the best she can do. Im planning for Friday (travel) Saturday-Sunday ride and drive home late sunday afternoon so she can be back at work Monday.
Of course im also up for a gathering in the spring too.

If its at all possible, let's do this.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:38 am 

I want to go but I probably wont know till around sept 15 if I can make it or not.The store I work at is going to be closing for 2 weeks for remodeling and I'm going to take my vacation one of those weeks.The remodel was going to take place this month but showcases were not going to be ready so its been pushed back till Sept 22,and could be subject to change again.
If I come I wont even have my pilot anymore,I'll be bringing my 2009 RZR 800 {without paddles}and hope I can keep up with you guys :-)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:54 pm 

Unfortunately I have to b at work that weekend of the 27th. I'm pretty much locked into the dates I listed.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:14 am 

i really don't think i could make those dates :(

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:11 am 

i will have to keep my eye on the kiddos schedules gonna be a busy year for me with them, however i am not head coach of soccer team i am now asst yeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaa. if that is the dates i will see what i can do . hopefully i will have the rv ready by then . no pics yet , not the toter home i was wanting but it makes a little more sense . lol Stix has been a big help on schooling me on the danged thing. I sure hope work holds out, we are going gang busters it nuts right now, i will be ready for a break.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:18 am 

dbloudharleys wrote:
i will have to keep my eye on the kiddos schedules gonna be a busy year for me with them, however i am not head coach of soccer team i am now asst yeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaa. if that is the dates i will see what i can do . hopefully i will have the rv ready by then . no pics yet , not the toter home i was wanting but it makes a little more sense . lol Stix has been a big help on schooling me on the danged thing. I sure hope work holds out, we are going gang busters it nuts right now, i will be ready for a break.

Yeah and kick stix's ass in gear and get him going too :-)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:20 pm 

Just fund out I may be in Ok, Texas and Florida those dates. I see what I can change.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:53 pm 

adnoh wrote:
Just fund out I may be in Ok, Texas and Florida those dates. I see what I can change.

At the same time?, your getting around these days

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:24 pm 

I have been on the move lately. Just got back from KC late last night. Getting my license in MO is a pain in the back side. Heck it's 155.00 every time I ask a question. The state want an address for MO and they could do me a favor and give a name of a guy. Want to guess how much for the mailing address. I just found a new business mission. I will go by a place in MO and lease out the address to any and all corporations that need a resident address. I started moving dates to make the ride.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:07 pm 

If the 27th works for tha majority then you guys do ur thing. After the weekend of the 19th my next available is Oct 4th - 7th. But really wanna get a Sept and Oct ride in if I can. Just don't get enough seat time.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:04 pm 

adnoh wrote:
I have been on the move lately. Just got back from KC late last night. Getting my license in MO is a pain in the back side. Heck it's 155.00 every time I ask a question. The state want an address for MO and they could do me a favor and give a name of a guy. Want to guess how much for the mailing address. I just found a new business mission. I will go by a place in MO and lease out the address to any and all corporations that need a resident address. I started moving dates to make the ride.

Not enough work around wichita, not the right kind of work? Maybe lease some land in MO, push some dirt around, charge entrance fee for quads, S by S, Pilots, Odysseys to ride... Just a suggestion. Sounds like your doing well though.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:07 pm 

ez71pilot wrote:
Just looking at my work schedule and when I can go. Hoping to do a Sept and Oct trip before putting the machines into hibernation. I think Sandfest is the weekend before, if I'm wrong let me know. Would arrive LS Sat 20th and prob head out Wed 24th. Wadda ya think?

Ill go for this date if my flux capacitor has a full charge by then, will take weeks to get charged to 1.2 gigawatts

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:32 am 

Ill go for this date if my flux capacitor has a full charge by then, will take weeks to get charged to 1.2 gigawatts[/quote]

lol, ok smartie. I just couldnt resist though when you told me what you were doing. Get that mutha working. I wanna ride man, I jus wanna ride.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:03 pm 

stix, my work load here is good. I have a design build job her for a customer that want me to do his work in MO. so travel I must. I'm not about to tell a customer that want to give me his money NO. He has facility's in MO,KS, Ok, TX, AR, LA and Fl. You know me in for a penny in for a pound. Good news in I should be back in town on the 20th.

EZ, I had to change out the front diff in the avalanche today and hope to do some work on pilot tomorrow. I have had a run of bearing issues as of late, oh well just parts no big deal. Looks like I may tear into the transfer case this fall and refresh it up a touch while I'm at it. I can not wait to tear up some sand. Yea Mobil 1 in the font diff as well. Man your rubbing off on me. My MOM warned me about peer pressure.

Adnoh

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:55 pm 

Dang Adnoh, your work never ends. It's good that you're busy but it better not cut into our riding time....Jk. Seriously all work and no play is just not a good thing. I hope everything goes smoothly and we can all get together this fall. Always look forward to it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:19 pm 

EZ,No not gona cut into my ridding time. That just means I have to work harder. Got my pack serviced and check out today. I will update my clutch post later. I took plenty of pics to do a pdf. I also measured everything up as well. I'll share a few pics for your enjoyment.

Attachments:
File comment: 9 running hr on new pack
9hr on new pack.JPG
9hr on new pack.JPG [ 57.78 KiB | Viewed 962 times ]
File comment: cold one
good start.JPG
good start.JPG [ 85.19 KiB | Viewed 962 times ]
File comment: crack her open for a look
open her up.JPG
open her up.JPG [ 104.9 KiB | Viewed 962 times ]
File comment: put back together and ready to ride
back toghter.JPG
back toghter.JPG [ 109.77 KiB | Viewed 962 times ]
File comment: oh yaaaaa.
good day.JPG
good day.JPG [ 74.09 KiB | Viewed 962 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:48 pm 

ez71pilot wrote:
lol, ok smartie. I just couldnt resist though when you told me what you were doing. Get that mutha working. I wanna ride man, I jus wanna ride.

See Im not the only one that likes to tinker, see above. I got Jens pilot plastics and heat shield frankenstined back together. Got my CV boot repaired. Im waiting on the carb/intake kit to arrive and after a little jetting Ill be ready to ride man just ride!

THanks Adnoh for the cool plastic repair kit, worked good. 74.4... sounds like the rest of us will be trying to keep up in the trails as usual :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:26 pm 

redskinman wrote:
dbloudharleys wrote:

It doesent take much for stix to get going I think he just needed a breather from tinkering for a while, if his carb deal works out
we all might be trying it, lol
It sounds promising , I hope it does. Almost there on the old rv few more thing and it will be ready.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:49 pm 

dbloudharleys wrote:
redskinman wrote:
dbloudharleys wrote:

It doesent take much for stix to get going I think he just needed a breather from tinkering for a while, if his carb deal works out
we all might be trying it, lol
It sounds promising , I hope it does. Almost there on the old rv few more thing and it will be ready.

Sounds like somebody is ready to ride just ride. I know I am. How did the fan woes go. Any updates?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:06 am 

iiiiiiiiii wwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaannnnnnnttttt a break and to rrrriiiiddddeee riiiiiiidddee.
Nota on the fan yet I will keep tracking it down , did a complete flush on radiator changed to 180 thermostat that helped out alot.
gonna check the temp switch and relays next and freeking fuseable links which were a bad idea I wonder what goofy engineer came up with those stupid fuses.

If I cant get anywhere with that I will do the old aftermarket relay and fan just so happens I have one on hand.
The Wife said if she had a choice she wouldent sleep on the mattress that came with it, then she started talking about
a couple of the stains on it, well it didnt take much to convince me . lol

People are nasty. Next weekend will be tank valve on the crapper.

When is your new carb going to be in ?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:59 pm 

I got a good laugh when I saw all those dead soldiers on the ground. I'm interested to hear your results on the clutch pak, initial impressions, oil look good? I'll check the other thread.

I arrived in Vegas a few hours ago minus one bag. Damn airlines. Keep working guys, get ya chit done, the sand is callin.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:39 pm 

dbloudharleys wrote:
iiiiiiiiii wwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaannnnnnnttttt a break and to rrrriiiiddddeee riiiiiiidddee.
Nota on the fan yet I will keep tracking it down , did a complete flush on radiator changed to 180 thermostat that helped out alot.
gonna check the temp switch and relays next and freeking fuseable links which were a bad idea I wonder what goofy engineer came up with those stupid fuses.

If I cant get anywhere with that I will do the old aftermarket relay and fan just so happens I have one on hand.
The Wife said if she had a choice she wouldent sleep on the mattress that came with it, then she started talking about
a couple of the stains on it, well it didnt take much to convince me . lol

People are nasty. Next weekend will be tank valve on the crapper.

When is your new carb going to be in ?

HaHa, yep you just don't reuse matresses, its just not right. Let me know if you need help tracking down that pesky fan issue, do you have a wiring diagram or schematic? According to the intake guy Im looking at about 10 days ish. He got it on Saturday. Hes built it for the cr500 motorcycles, the pilot doesnt have a bend in the intake like the cycle so a little more time and trial and error.

Profile E-mail