Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 2:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:30 pm 

Yes in deed we had a blast. The sand was getting better every time we went out. In short we entered the gate and warmed them up a touch then it was WOT (Wide Open Throttle) until the fuel light came on. I would like to think EZ for possible saving me a top end. Yes I pull a dumb move. I finished off a gas can and went to top off the tank with another one of my cans and he ask if it had oil in it as it looked raw (NO BLUE tint). He was right. I filled up the wrong can with the oil. The can marked no oil had oil and the one marked pilot hp-2 had none. It took about a half of gallon so the ratio would have been lean. Goes to show two sets of eyes are better than one. Thank you EZ. That's one top end for you. I would say we all had a blast ridding and camp fire babbling. Thanks for the hot hamburger Stix as it made the drive home nice on a full tummy. Nice jump by the way. Way to use up the long travel.

As far as the way mine ran the last trip out was on the new set of reeds and it struggled (FAT) at 3/4 throttle and did not want to get on the main with the high humility and hot temps. I opped to change needle for this ride and it ran better. I went one stage leaner on the taper since the taper has the most over lap to the main at 3/4 throttle. The off idol 1/8,1/4 and half to 3/4 was fine. I do run a 7 plug. I run a v-force 2 cage and I bet the reeds they sent me were not a stiff as I was running causing this issue as it was the only thing that changed. I did end up a a tire puncture so I called it a day.

Thanks again for the invite and the good eats and drinks.
Adnoh

P.S. Stix my head is still spinning a little.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:39 pm 

redskinman wrote:
stix wrote:
redskinman wrote:
Damn that bottomed out bad

Thank god for suspension seat

good jump though,did it scare you a lil bit? :shock:

Not scary because we jumpem a lot when getting bored with trails or bowls. Whats scary is when you don't know its coming see below

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:55 pm 

adnoh wrote:
Yes in deed we had a blast. The sand was getting better every time we went out. In short we entered the gate and warmed them up a touch then it was WOT (Wide Open Throttle) until the fuel light came on. I would like to think EZ for possible saving me a top end. Yes I pull a dumb move. I finished off a gas can and went to top off the tank with another one of my cans and he ask if it had oil in it as it looked raw (NO BLUE tint). He was right. I filled up the wrong can with the oil. The can marked no oil had oil and the one marked pilot hp-2 had none. It took about a half of gallon so the ratio would have been lean. Goes to show two sets of eyes are better than one. Thank you EZ. That's one top end for you. I would say we all had a blast ridding and camp fire babbling. Thanks for the hot hamburger Stix as it made the drive home nice on a full tummy. Nice jump by the way. Way to use up the long travel.

As far as the way mine ran the last trip out was on the new set of reeds and it struggled (FAT) at 3/4 throttle and did not want to get on the main with the high humility and hot temps. I opped to change needle for this ride and it ran better. I went one stage leaner on the taper since the taper has the most over lap to the main at 3/4 throttle. The off idol 1/8,1/4 and half to 3/4 was fine. I do run a 7 plug. I run a v-force 2 cage and I bet the reeds they sent me were not a stiff as I was running causing this issue as it was the only thing that changed. I did end up a a tire puncture so I called it a day.

Thanks again for the invite and the good eats and drinks.
Adnoh

P.S. Stix my head is still spinning a little.

I didnt see any struggling :shock: , you were on my six all of the time. Di you get a chance to mic those reeds? Shame on you getting the gas can and mixed gas can mixed up, Gosh maybe no more Michelob 4 you until the gas tank is full?? Whew glad you didnt go poof. Glad nobody went poof kaboom.

Redskin kept up pretty good with everyone until he got skittish on the bowls. heheh, and we ARE NOT staying at sticker central at Cowboy Camp, Jen stil pickin stickers outta our clothes.

Well nothing broken this trip. The long travel does help and that jump"bottom out" would have been much worse if I didnt make the Adnoh advised shock adjustments, worked out well, I still have good smooth ride but don't bottom when coming down a dune.

We got a laugh at DBHarley for running outta gas not once but twice on the dunes, dayum, you and your zipties, lol

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:51 am 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:57 pm 

redskinman wrote:

6:19 and 7:26.... first time at Little Sahara?? "don't go down there" yea no sh!t, lol

Nice vid and editing thanks for posting Redskin

Oh and somehow you got me mini wheelie at 9:12 with hovercraft, too cool

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:45 am 

stix wrote:
redskinman wrote:

6:19 and 7:26.... first time at Little Sahara?? "don't go down there" yea no sh!t, lol

lol yeah I didnt want you to go there also,nice wheelies.I want to see the video of your jump.
Cmon Eric and Daryl,wheres your videos?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:31 pm 

Video of jump

Attachments:

trim.dOIU2d.MOV [ 11.77 MiB | Viewed 500 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:10 pm 

ez71pilot wrote:
Video of jump

:-)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:00 pm 

redskinman wrote:
stix wrote:
redskinman wrote:

lol yeah I didnt want you to go there also,nice wheelies.I want to see the video of your jump.
Cmon Eric and Daryl,wheres your videos?

Boy does Ez take good pics or what redskinman.
I had a good time I wished I could have rode with adnoh some but had to get back to work.
Things are starting to pick up here in ok again.
Havent really had time to even look at my video edit it or post it I will see what I can do . I do have to give a shout out and a great big thanks out to every one for saving my bacon while I took out the fl350 I have a solution for the gas situation . and yes I did put gas in it . :-) Boy run out of gas a couple of times I almost had a mutiny on my hand. :shock:
Hopefully the steak made up for it. I had a good time hanging out by the
campfire eating marsh mellows and solving the worlds problems. Hope to see everyone next time.
Stix glad you followed me up had a good time talking on the old cb too.

Profile E-mail