Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:29 pm 

The crew and I will be going to G-Town for this event. Have some time to plan it out. See link...

http://www.utvunderground.com/2014-camp ... 11785.html

Probably going to camp somewhere off Gecko, that should put us closer to the festivities. Roll call...

Shoubadaba-pa-dooooo (the ever elusive!...Including his brother Randy and dad Russ and their crew)
ProPenisPopper (HAHAHAHAHA)
WestecBoner
HaloWeenieRising
Kum-aaahhh(all over her face)
RppJr(i got nothin funny damn it!!)
Afastcart-fart-butt-dart
Toby AKA DuneShart

Anyone else in?
TadRadical? Flippie? Cruzer01? Hit me up I can PM you my cell if you don't already have it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:22 pm 

When you guys start riding like them guys in Dubai count me in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZxHw-YZtME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtwlOdYWy80 these guys know how to ride https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQQ0QivNyVo

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:05 pm 

NAH! Those Dubai guys ain't got nuthin on me!!! LOL

We do ride pretty hard, but those guys ride stupid. I do want to try and do the RZR ride this time, but I don't think my 800 will keep up with 900's and 1000's

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:06 pm 

isn't camp RZR in the dust bowl this year? that would put gecko almost as far away as you can get? why not wash 2?
since the kids have all grown up we normally try to do off weekend trips, probable the weekend before holloween, maybe I need to take a week off and stay through both weekends :shock:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:10 pm 

nickRNR wrote:
NAH! Those Dubai guys ain't got nuthin on me!!! LOL

We do ride pretty hard, but those guys ride stupid. I do want to try and do the RZR ride this time, but I don't think my 800 will keep up with 900's and 1000's

That's how our group used to do smoker rides only with quads and bikes, fast leader and then it is a race for position! be so close to the guy in front's roost that it's just hitting the front of the quad, ahh the good old days. really brings the old saying to light "the older I get, the faster I was"

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:56 pm 

I would totally do a smoker run on a quad or in a beater pilot, but in a machine that costs $15k and more? I don't know about all you, but I am not planning on screwing something like that up lol.

Yeah, I talked to Rusty, I guess he still wants to camp off Gecko to avoid the dust levels, but I am sure it will be hard to avoid it no matter where we camp. Also, I seem to recall wash 2 is really soft. A few of us, including myself, have RV's and don't really want to get stuck, which is another issue because I see people stuck at Gecko pretty often. Sucks

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:13 pm 

nickRNR wrote:
I would totally do a smoker run on a quad or in a beater pilot, but in a machine that costs $15k and more? I don't know about all you, but I am not planning on screwing something like that up lol.

wuss, what's the point of having a machine if you can't beat on it!

Quote:
Yeah, I talked to Rusty, I guess he still wants to camp off Gecko to avoid the dust levels, but I am sure it will be hard to avoid it no matter where we camp. Also, I seem to recall wash 2 is really soft. A few of us, including myself, have RV's and don't really want to get stuck, which is another issue because I see people stuck at Gecko pretty often. Sucks

Air down your tires before you get stuck! and don't go so far in, yes it can get dusty but if the breeze is blowing west you'll be sucking that dust anyway.
in the sand at Gecko is softer than the wash, it's more like beach sand, which also keeps the dust down, camping is limited there hope you plan to arrive around Wednesday, holloween is a zoo! first major weekend and everyone is antsy to hit the sand!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:17 pm 

Rusty is supposed to be there Wednesday and save some camp spots. We will see how it works out.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:45 am 

nickRNR wrote:

Who the hell gets there RV stuck in glamis.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:24 am 

halorising wrote:
nickRNR wrote:

NICK!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:26 pm 

Kuma wrote:
halorising wrote:
nickRNR wrote:

NICK!

Not I! But I seem to recall SOMEBODY taking their RV through the dunes and giong off a drop off and burying it to the frame LOL! Took 3 trucks to pull it out

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:30 pm 

Now that's something to setup a camera on time laps, sorry for the spelling Nick, photography then add some benny hill music :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:55 pm 

halorising wrote:
nickRNR wrote:

One year I was at Glamis some moron drove his pickup truck towing about a 30' RV trailer behind him right off the end of Gecko road then drove a ways and decided to stop on a slight up hill to figure out where to go next :shock:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:52 pm 

Don't think I'm going to make the Halloween weekend, It's going to be a zoo! when you guys are running over all the rough sand you can get some satisfaction that the people the weekend before made it that way!!!

I know it's a little early but anyone for a dune trip the weekend before Thanksgiving?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:23 pm 

Kuma wrote:
Don't think I'm going to make the Halloween weekend, It's going to be a zoo! when you guys are running over all the rough sand you can get some satisfaction that the people the weekend before made it that way!!!

I know it's a little early but anyone for a dune trip the weekend before Thanksgiving?

I am still debating on which weekend to go for Thanksgiving, either before or weekend of. But it will be Dumont for sure, not Glamis that trip.

Yeah, I know it will be a zoo, but I want to do the camp RZR thing again, it was fun last time.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:41 pm 

I'd be up for Dumont the week before T day, I just have an obligation to spend thanksgiving with family.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:24 pm 

Man, I am in the wrong state!
California has all the cool fun stuff:()
That's it, I'm moving!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:12 am 

We are already over crowded, if you come in your welcome but you need to displace one of our many tree huggers and politicians

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:20 pm 

3 weeks to go. Lots to do. Service a few things on the RV, change oil on the RZR, try to talk PPP and Rppjr into going to Glamis instead of Dumont...lol. Shoubadaba's brother bagged a few deer this weekend, guess I know what to expect our cuisine to consist of. I have been striking out in my area on deer, came super close but archery is difficult, Shoubadaba and I have shot 6 times at 3 different does and missed! Really hard to compensate for altitude differences, I missed one by about an inch right over her back!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:15 pm 

Group is growing rather large. Seems like there is going to be somewhere between 8 and 10 RV's!

Kuma, are you still thinking of making an appearance? You will be there this weekend, right?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:34 pm 

I'm headed out tomorrow morning (Thursday), be there 'till Sunday, so all that beat up sand you'll be complaining about, you can blame on me :-)

Can't stay the week, I'll be headed to Atlantic City NJ Tuesday for a FAA conference, hope I don't get EBOLA :shock:

Still planning to hit Dumont weekend before TG, stay 'til Wednesday.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:41 pm 

Ah, ok. Yeah, don't get sick!

We will be heading to Dumont the weekend before turkey day for sure. I will make a new thread for it after this trip is over.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:58 pm 

Had a great time, not much of a crowd at all, sand was beautiful we could always find virgin sand :-)
temperature was pretty warm, 98 F. we'd do a morning ride and an afternoon ride, just a little night ride, all in the Pilot for me this trip, would have been too hot to gear up and work on the bike or quad, for me the prefect temperature for the bike is 60-65 I don't know how the MX guys go without killing themselves riding all out in the summer.

have fun next weekend, looks like they even planted some palm trees for the RZR thing.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:26 pm 

That's pretty warm for the dunes. I wouldn't want to wear the gear either. Palm trees, huh? That's funny! Last time I looked, weather says upper 80's low 90's for the start of the weekend, then down to lower 80's upper 70's for the last of the weekend. Still a bit warm for my blood, but oh well. I'm planning on winning that $35k xp1000 they are giving away! I should be a shoe in! I mean, I REALLY want it, that means I should win, right? LOL.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:39 pm 

Its starting to look like were not going to make this one. motorhome still in the shop and cars not running.

Profile E-mail