Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:04 pm 

Working the 12 hr shifts limits my available days and I'm down to my last couple vaca days. Wanting to try one more trip before it's too cold. So looking at sunday the 19th thru that Wed or Thur 22nd-23rd. See what the weather looks like as it gets closer.

Any takers?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:44 pm 

Only If I can take out the fl350!!!!!
I am in may be just for sun mon and and tues till noon again.
The rv ran great but she likes to gulp the gas , specially heading into the wind , also likes to walk a little.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:46 pm 

I'm out,wish I could

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:31 am 

What is it with yours and my schedule. I planed on being out of town working on those dates. Oh well I will see if I can change them. I like nothing more than playing cat and mouse around the dunes or dog and cat if you prefer.

Let you know what I can do. It darn cool this morning here. May be time to play with the piston. I like new shinny parts.

Since dbloudharleys is coming we outa sign him up with AAA I here they will bring you gas. Or we could get you and stixs some AAA rescue stickers for the pilot and play squad 51. Yes I know some one had to bring me parts in there cat. Yes I know some one saved my top end. Please do not let me forget it anytime soon. I should have to wear a empty bottle of HP-2 around my neck when ever were in camp on my next ride or two and punishment for trying to hurt a pilot Engine. EZ could wear a old belt, Stix a bag or two of jets and dbloudharleys a gas can. OH my what cold ones will make a guy do. Mrs. Stix could wear a hat made of old broken pilot fenders Mrs. Adnoh could wear a seized rod as a necklace.

Before you all think I already had too many cold ones look a the ride date. Halloween time. Next time EZ your over the house I will dig out a past trip where we rode the dunes in Halloween mask, yes many cold ones were involved. I had on Budweiser boxers and an monster mask. Try getting that out of your head.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:45 pm 

I guess I just suck at picking dates, lol. I might be able to do 26th - 30th, but I'll have to check on some things at work, Trying to make it a little sooner as I think its getting cold quick. There's a frost warning here tonite.

Were all due for a little help once in a while. I was dumb enough not to have a spare belt, duh. Oh well I hope we can make this work cause won't be any riding til May for me most likely. The holloween mask thing is awesome. That we need some pictures of. that's getting in the spirit of things.

Haven't heard from Stix yet on these dates so well have to see where everyone stands. I'd really like to do the 12th - 15th but that's a quick turnaround. Anyway, anyone who's interested chime in what works and well see.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:15 pm 

EZ, I would say stay with the 19-23rd. I should be able to shift dates. Do what's best for you and others and I will make it work.

Adnoh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:53 pm 

adnoh wrote:
EZ, I would say stay with the 19-23rd. I should be able to shift dates. Do what's best for you and others and I will make it work.

Adnoh

Sounds good, I'll just stick with that. Thanks for your repy. Got the Cat picked up today so I'm ready. lol

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:39 pm 

Anyone else or just us ?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:55 pm 

i guess were the hardcore "lets ride" group. I talked to Stix briefly and he's checking out what he can do. Been trying to get a friend of mine here go who has a razor but he's always got something going on. At least I can count on you guys.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:41 pm 

I know I got my to ride the living piss out of it then wrench on it and ride it again. I would bet were not the only ones EZ.
Speaking of wrenching I bet get to it I got a couple of flats to fix. Like Honda says "Let's Ride".

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:12 pm 

my plant outage starts on the 21st so i am out on this one too

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:09 pm 

ChrisV wrote:
my plant outage starts on the 21st so i am out on this one too

Sorry to hear that Chris, maybe next time. You need to get that sand rocket out there.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:21 pm 

Chris V, you should throw us out some dates that work for you so we can plan around them. We really need the sound of that twin. I can meet you for a day ride if need be.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:10 am 

adnoh wrote:
Chris V, you should throw us out some dates that work for you so we can plan around them. We really need the sound of that twin. I can meet you for a day ride if need be.

works for me just let me know , more the better.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:54 pm 

thanks guys, I feel the love. I would be out till November and Im not sure about the weather then.

next year ill have a little more time. I don't plan to coach my daughters softball team. I don't mind missing a game or two but as the coach they depend on me. right now I am doing softball 5-6 days a week. I love it but I am beat.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:03 pm 

Well got off my rear and got my pilot ready to ride tomorrow. At the last ride I got a flat well that is fixed.
I also a while back had to replace my reeds. Ever since then jetting was a touch off. I run a 39 kehin with a EEG needle and a 185 main. The Engine seam to be OK off idol and right on in the mid and went rich too soon towards 3/4 throttle. So I oppedd to change the neddle. My first choice was go to DEG with the clip in #2. This got my 3/4 where I wanted it however it bogged off the bottom from dead start. So this tells me to lean that overlap out. I then changed the needle to DGG in the #3. This brought back my whole shoot with a slight bogg as it went to 3/4 throttle. I then lowered the clip to #2 and it was spot on.
The plug has 2.5 threads black and the exhaust color good. The Engine temps is right around 175 and that is where I like it for the out side temp of today. I also should mention I run a champion N4c. I also did a static compression check wet and dry and only haaad a 2 lb difference. Depending on tommoorws temps I may opt to go a touch bigger on the main for the long pulls.

See you guys tommorow.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:54 pm 

Hmnnnnn. Getting ready to run with the big dog, or should I say Cat.. lol I just saw your post and should b a great day tomorrow. Were at the North. Cheese cubes and beer, and sand!!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:54 pm 

ez71pilot wrote:
Hmnnnnn. Getting ready to run with the big dog, or should I say Cat.. lol I just saw your post and should b a great day tomorrow. Were at the North. Cheese cubes and beer, and sand!!!!

Watch out for the stickers!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:28 pm 

yall suck, im at work :-)

have fun

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:49 pm 

Well had a great time as always. The new jetting was darn near prefect for my taste. Still not good enough to catch the CAT. The darn thing just out pulls me down the straight and is right on my back side thru the rough stuff. Oh well I'll keep trying. Thanks for the good time, Adnoh

P.S keep your finger out of the tire goo and be sure to sniff it to see just what it was. Pricless

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:16 pm 

omg, u cracked me up, little inside joke there huh. Well, since I can't out drive you I have to cheat with machine 24 years newer, lol. Good times as usual, just wish I was closer to do it more often. Thanks to Darryl for the great eats, breakfast, steak, hamburgers, just like room service.

Couldn't have asked for better weather, just needed a little wind to make it perfect. Well hopefully spring hurry up and get here. Another great dune season in the books for me and thanks to you all for the good times.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:24 pm 

im getting ready!!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:32 pm 

For what? Snowduning, lol.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:36 am 

ill do it. every day when i walk in to my garage i see the buggy calling my name!!! :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:29 pm 

my outage dates are 4/20/15 - 5/4/15 so if we can lets avoid those dates this year :shock:

Profile E-mail