Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:05 pm 

hoser wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:
hoser wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:
I've been to the Red Dunes! They're great for "beginners" like me! Nothing really large and intimidating like you see at Glamis! I always wanted to ride from the dunes down to the park near Fabens! Exit 49 on interstate 10!
I hope you're feeling better Nick!

Get your buggy running go ride with these guys, how far is Red Sands from your ranch?

600 long miles! I sold a small boat I had, and kept the trailer to convert into a EEE hauler! Slap it behind the pickup and go west! Still might do the refurbish myself and take her on a western trip!

You have a different truck and camper?

Yea the ford 6.0 got totaled by an oil change place! They installed wrong oil filter, and it melted the plastic insert the filter sat in top of! Insurance company totaled big, and I got a great deal on the dually!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:10 pm 

rarerat wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:
I've been to the Red Dunes! They're great for "beginners" like me! Nothing really large and intimidating like you see at Glamis! I always wanted to ride from the dunes down to the park near Fabens! Exit 49 on interstate 10!

Thank you David, I went to the "Quack o practor" today and I'm supposed to go back again tomorrow morning. He said I am too old to be beating up my body this way. I am still sore as hell, but at least I can walk straight after the appointment. :-)

The dunes were small but awesome. I had a great time and it was the first time I have ever ridden a dune of any kind. I have been watching everyone on heres youtube videos for years of Glamis etc.. and dreaming about riding there, but the little dunes about did me in so maybe I better just stick to watching videos.. lol..

I hope it wasn't that seat I sold you's fault! I've nose dived like that a few times! First time I stretched my legs out straight in the ody to brace myself! Bad move! Jammed my back up pretty good! The second time I just relaxed and let the buggy take the abuse! That's a great place to go because they've got miles of trails there as well! You can ride clear down to interstate ten and back! (Might need to stage a vehicle there for gas refills!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:19 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:
rarerat wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:

Thank you David, I went to the "Quack o practor" today and I'm supposed to go back again tomorrow morning. He said I am too old to be beating up my body this way. I am still sore as hell, but at least I can walk straight after the appointment. :-)

The dunes were small but awesome. I had a great time and it was the first time I have ever ridden a dune of any kind. I have been watching everyone on heres youtube videos for years of Glamis etc.. and dreaming about riding there, but the little dunes about did me in so maybe I better just stick to watching videos.. lol..

I hope it wasn't that seat I sold you's fault! I've nose dived like that a few times! First time I stretched my legs out straight in the ody to brace myself! Bad move! Jammed my back up pretty good! The second time I just relaxed and let the buggy take the abuse! That's a great place to go because they've got miles of trails there as well! You can ride clear down to interstate ten and back! (Might need to stage a vehicle there for gas refills!

No sir not your old seat, I installed it in my daughters Odyssey right after I got it from you and she loves it.

I think I did brace myself with my legs, it jared me so darn hard even my front teeth hurt. :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:28 pm 

Well good! Yes that sticking your feet out won't happen but once! I'm going to preach about wrist straps too! Didn't see any! And noticed your hand just flop to the side! Sorry I missed the getting out and crying like a baby thing! Lmao
Seat looks brand new! Some elbow grease must have got on it! Lol

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:42 pm 

Yeah I know, they are there but I don't wear them because I cant bend my wrist enough to fully turn when I wear them. Chris has some really nice after market restraints on his Pilots, that I would like to add to mine, assuming my wife ever lets me ride it again. lol.. My hand flopping to the side was intentional, I was trying to hold myself up in the seat.. :-(

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:30 am 

rarerat wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:

Nick, I am so sorry to hear that you hurt yourself so bad that you had to seek medical attention:(
So much for being in good hands! Hope that you have a speedy recovery and are back to yourself in no time:()
Take care my friend!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:33 am 

rarerat wrote:
Yeah I know, they are there but I don't wear them because I cant bend my wrist enough to fully turn when I wear them. Chris has some really nice after market restraints on his Pilots, that I would like to add to mine, assuming my wife ever lets me ride it again. lol.. My hand flopping to the side was intentional, I was trying to hold myself up in the seat.. :-(

I never noticed you didn't wear wrist restraints until I watched your videos! You are one brave soul;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:10 am 

Pilot bird wrote:
rarerat wrote:

I never noticed you didn't wear wrist restraints until I watched your videos! You are one brave soul;)

I never wear wrist restraints fact is I removed them completely from my Pilot, every time I tried to wear them I ended up hurting my wrist, I even tried cutting them where they join the two together in efforts of gaining a little more freedom of movement, that helped a little but eventually I quit using them all together.

I have rolled my Pilot so many times I lot count never once did I ever feel I could stop or slow my Pilot from rolling by sticking my arms, hands outside the cage that's just plain stupid. I just put a death grip on the steering yoke and wait for the Pilot to stop then back on the gas if I am lucky enough to land on the wheels again.

That said YES I know the risk, I risk being knocked out during a flip and roll session then my arms flying outside the cage and being snapped like little twigs on a tree or possibly getting one or both my arms ripped off my body all together, IMO I will take the risk over being injured every time I try to drive aggressively with my wrist restraints installed.

No doubt the wrist restraints work well for you smaller guys with smaller arms, smaller wrist but wrist restraints never worked for me, I even bought a set of the wrist restraints they use for professional racers and gave them a try I rather sell my Pilot than go through the procedure required to make them work.

Its like the little guys who ride a Pilot with no helmet I think its scary, they are too short to make their head contact the cage, but I am tall enough where I bang my helmet on the cage 50 times or more each time I drive my Pilot, my Pilot has so many little red marks on it I am surprised their is still paint on my roll cage lol

I have no clue why rarerat does not wear his wrist restraints but if he can I would advise he and others wear them for their own protection like I mention if you get knocked out and lost control of your arms they will save you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:06 am 

Pilot bird wrote:
rarerat wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:

Nick, I am so sorry to hear that you hurt yourself so bad that you had to seek medical attention:(
So much for being in good hands! Hope that you have a speedy recovery and are back to yourself in no time:()
Take care my friend!

Thank you sir.