Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:48 am 

Headed to El Paso, TX to ride the dunes @ Red Sands on November 8th. All are welcome. :-)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:54 am 

rarerat wrote:
Headed to El Paso, TX to ride the dunes @ Red Sands on November 11th. All are welcome. :-)

Just confirming date for the 11th and not the 8th?
Veterans Day!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:13 am 

Pilot bird wrote:
rarerat wrote:
Headed to El Paso, TX to ride the dunes @ Red Sands on November 11th. All are welcome. :-)

Just confirming date for the 11th and not the 8th?
Veterans Day!

Oops brain fart, yes Saturday November 8th. :-)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:48 pm 

Any and all are welcome!
TRXDoctor and scpilot66 try to make it if you can, the more the merrier:()

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:00 am 

Only 2 weeks away, can't wait:()

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:17 am 

Pilot bird wrote:

Same here, mine is ready to go aside from mixing a little gas & a rinse @ the carwash. :-)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:38 pm 

rarerat wrote:
Pilot bird wrote:

Same here, mine is ready to go aside from mixing a little gas & a rinse @ the carwash. :-)

Oh you mean your "new pilot"
She will rip in the dunes, more horse power and a smooth ride! What more can you ask for?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:15 pm 

Pilot bird wrote:
rarerat wrote:
Pilot bird wrote:

Oh you mean your "new pilot"
She will rip in the dunes, more horse power and a smooth ride! What more can you ask for?

lol.. I sure hope so.. :-)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:44 pm 

Only 4 days away anyone else able too make the trip & ride?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:45 pm 

rarerat wrote:
Only 4 days away anyone else able too make the trip & ride?

Crickets!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:45 pm 

Hey guys the Red sands trip got pushed back until tomorrow due to the winds.. Tomorrow should be a great day, come one come all!! :-)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:29 pm 

Wow what a day, Very awesome but unfortunately very painful. Thank you for everything Chris, cant wait to come back. :-)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:15 am 

rarerat wrote:
Wow what a day, Very awesome but unfortunately very painful. Thank you for everything Chris, cant wait to come back. :-)

Glad you made it home safe:()
Can't wait to see the video and have you tell the storie of your adventure!

We had everything from tires coming off rims, sheriffs checking up on us, and Nick trying to dig a grave for his pilot! Never a dull moment;)
Steve and me want to welcome you to the club, I really believe that bumper saved you!

Had an AWSOME time good buddy and can't wait to ride again!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:23 pm 

Pilot bird wrote:
rarerat wrote:

We had everything from tires coming off rims, sheriffs checking up on us, and Nick trying to dig a grave for his pilot! Never a dull moment;)
Steve and me want to welcome you to the club, I really believe that bumper saved you!

Here you go... I edited out the part where you helped me out of the Pilot & I laid on the ground crying like a little girl.. :-)

Lessons learned.. # 1 Respect the Dunes, not every little hump has a nice smooth transition down the other side. & #2 to heck with the horses, i am not slowing down again. I think if I hadnt backed off when I went past those guys on the horses & stayed closer to you I may have seen you go over the hump and know what was coming.. :shock:

It was a great day even though I shortened our trip by playing Lawn dart. ;-) It was a hard trip home I have never wanted to get out of my truck so bad in my life. I stopped several times and tried to walk around to loosen up but nothing worked. Finally last time about midnight I couldn't take it anymore and took some hard drugs just so I could get to sleep. I never knew what a candy @ss i was until this happened. Funny in the video it looks like nothing but I went from about 25 or 30 to a dead stop in about half a second. All you could see on the ground is where the front bumper stuck no tire tracks..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8ZFDb6 ... vtEeAwUxxQ

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:16 pm 

rarerat wrote:
Pilot bird wrote:
rarerat wrote:

Here you go... I edited out the part where you helped me out of the Pilot & I laid on the ground crying like a little girl.. :-)

Lessons learned.. # 1 Respect the Dunes, not every little hump has a nice smooth transition down the other side. & #2 to heck with the horses, i am not slowing down again. I think if I hadnt backed off when I went past those guys on the horses & stayed closer to you I may have seen you go over the hump and know what was coming.. :shock:

It was a great day even though I shortened our trip by playing Lawn dart. ;-) It was a hard trip home I have never wanted to get out of my truck so bad in my life. I stopped several times and tried to walk around to loosen up but nothing worked. Finally last time about midnight I couldn't take it anymore and took some hard drugs just so I could get to sleep. I never knew what a candy @ss i was until this happened. Funny in the video it looks like nothing but I went from about 25 or 30 to a dead stop in about half a second. All you could see on the ground is where the front bumper stuck no tire tracks..

That looks like a great place to ride hope your back is ok.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:47 am 

rarerat wrote:
Pilot bird wrote:
rarerat wrote:

Here is the video from another perspective, I cross the crash site at about 3:30!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXObhIDsF9Q

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:33 am 

hoser wrote:
rarerat wrote:
Pilot bird wrote:
rarerat wrote:

That looks like a great place to ride hope your back is ok.

It was an awesome place to ride and the first time I have ever been to the dunes, I cant wait to go back. :-) I did really screw up my back on that little hump, this getting old thing really sucks & I spent most of yesterday drugged up and in bed.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:36 am 

Pilot bird wrote:
rarerat wrote:
Pilot bird wrote:
rarerat wrote:

Here is the video from another perspective, I cross the crash site at about 3:30!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXObhIDsF9Q

Thank you Chris, wow that hump looks smaller than I thought, well you know its never the fall that hurts you... its just that sudden stop at the end. lol..

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:36 am 

rarerat wrote:
Pilot bird wrote:
rarerat wrote:

I sure hope you are OK Nick.
Looks like a great place to ride, hopefully I can make the next trip.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:17 pm 

scpilot66 wrote:
rarerat wrote:
Pilot bird wrote:
rarerat wrote:

I sure hope you are OK Nick.
Looks like a great place to ride, hopefully I can make the next trip.

Thank you, it was an awesome place to ride, much different than what we are used too.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:14 pm 

I've been to the Red Dunes! They're great for "beginners" like me! Nothing really large and intimidating like you see at Glamis! I always wanted to ride from the dunes down to the park near Fabens! Exit 49 on interstate 10!
I hope you're feeling better Nick!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:08 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:
I've been to the Red Dunes! They're great for "beginners" like me! Nothing really large and intimidating like you see at Glamis! I always wanted to ride from the dunes down to the park near Fabens! Exit 49 on interstate 10!

Get your buggy running go ride with these guys, how far is Red Sands from your ranch?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:19 pm 

hoser wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:

Get your buggy running go ride with these guys, how far is Red Sands from your ranch?

600 long miles! I sold a small boat I had, and kept the trailer to convert into a EEE hauler! Slap it behind the pickup and go west! Still might do the refurbish myself and take her on a western trip!

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 57.23 KiB | Viewed 1290 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:02 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:
hoser wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:

600 long miles! I sold a small boat I had, and kept the trailer to convert into a EEE hauler! Slap it behind the pickup and go west! Still might do the refurbish myself and take her on a western trip!

You have a different truck and camper?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:03 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:

Thank you David, I went to the "Quack o practor" today and I'm supposed to go back again tomorrow morning. He said I am too old to be beating up my body this way. I am still sore as hell, but at least I can walk straight after the appointment. :-)

The dunes were small but awesome. I had a great time and it was the first time I have ever ridden a dune of any kind. I have been watching everyone on heres youtube videos for years of Glamis etc.. and dreaming about riding there, but the little dunes about did me in so maybe I better just stick to watching videos.. lol..