Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:25 pm 

A couple of friends and I are headed to Durham Town plantation to practice safe trail and track muddin on November 29th. If you've never been there, make sure you check it out here: http://www.durhamtown.com/

I'm the only one with a Honda Odyssey so lets get some more out there!

If my rides are ready; I'll be taking my FL350R and my TRX450R. I may even take my FL250 if someone might want to buy it and if I can fit it!

Quote:
Durhamtown is the largest destination for off road adventures! Our Trails and Tracks are all one way with onsite medical personnel. We also have call box locations throughout the property. Durhamtown offers prime riding for Dirt Bikers, Mountain Bikers, Quads, Side x Sides, Buggies, Trophy Trucks, Jeeps and 4x4 Riders. Our property is 6,750 Acres of pine forest, a beautiful country setting and safety is our priority. Durhamtown is for all people who enjoy the outdoors. We have trophy managed hunting, clay target shooting, fishing and a rifle range. Bring your own off road vehicle or rent one from us! We have over 100 units for rent including all of your safety gear for one great price. We Rent Dirt Bikes, ATVs or Side x Sides! Sorry, we do not rent Jeeps!

1. ZeroClient (Host) FL350R, TRX450ER, and YZ85. Camping un-decided
2. ZeroClient (Friend) YamTM200, TRX700xx. Camping un-decided
3. ZeroClient (Friend) Polaris500 4x4, Honda trx90. Not camping

***UPDATED with Updated time! Its going to be so freaking cold on the 15th, that and the total list is very weak. Several have suggested moving this to the weekend just after Thanksgiving - so I did! Now you turkeys can come!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:17 pm 

My crystal ball predicts 4 or 5 pilots will be there that weekend :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:46 pm 

Do you guys camp right at their place? Just wondering about security for vehicles on the trailer while playing? I also travel with more than one vehicle.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:11 am 

Hey John,

There definitely are places to camp out so check out their website - they have campgrounds and cabins designed for "dirt-bikers" so don't expect some country club LOL! As for security, I can't say enough about having security - however the place should be fairly decent. It is soo far out of any particular beaten path that you might be fine - or you might want to bring a chain I guess. I can't tell you either way but its definitely southern country red-neck down here so take your pick. The plantation might be able to tell you better if you decide to reserve space ask them, and then post back!

Eric

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:08 pm 

You can camp in a tent, RV or rent a cabin. As mentioned check the website, it shows the cabins that are still available for that weekend.

They have a restaurant, bathrooms, showers, pro shop, parts department and mechanics shop on site. It is a really great place to ride.

As far as security, I have never had a problem but have heard stories of things being stolen now and then. Bring a chain and lock up to be on the safe side. Id say its the same as any other place where there are thousand of expensive toys sitting around in one location, some people just prefer to steal them instead of getting jobs to buy one.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:52 am 

I can highly recomend getting one of these screaming cable alarms.
http://www.batteriesdirect.com.au/shop/ ... vAodmW4Arw

They have saved me several times,a MUST buy in this world IMO.
Chains and locks are OK,but they just cut right thru them.
These alarms also have a red flashing warning LED to show it's activated and best move on to an easier job huh?
Crooks hate red flashing LEDs.

Boy it's loud too,120 DB...Louder than Image when ya tell her "NOT only does ya bum STILL look big...but I reckon even BIGGER than ya Mum's bum! :shock:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:41 am 

Thanks for the security responses. I travel in a motorhome and trailer the toys behind. The lock alarm seems like a good idea. I travel with a camera and recording DVR covering the trailer but, in the event, that only gives you a nice video of the guys stealing your stuff from you. The idea of preventing is just as attractive. I really didn't mean to side track the thread, sorry.

When I first visited their site the accommodations and the lodging buttons were both going to dead links. I think it's working now. I will read up on it thanks.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:38 pm 

I am seriously trying to make this. But, with a crazy and unpredictable work schedule, I can only offer a maybe right now. It really looks like a blast. Will any of you have a dirt bike as well? I might bring down my KTM also and practice my Superman's in the freestyle area but I don't want to be a show-off.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:54 pm 

Bring it all! You will regret not coming and leaving a toy behind.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:39 am 

Bring all your toys...

If you want to play on the freestyle jumps you should contact the office prior to arriving, it is the one area you need management approval (and probably a special waiver) to ride.

Don't worry about showing off, but just remember all attempts at showing off, successful or not are subject to immediate Youtube postings... :shock:

I will arrive 11/13 and leave 11/16.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:17 am 

Hahaha - totally joking. I'm recently 50 years and wont likely be showing up Travis Pastrana anytime soon.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:31 am 

5 days before event BUMP! So far I don't have any definites from this forum.. Please let me know so that I can update the list in the first post!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:53 am 

Guys I can not make it. Work trumps. Enjoy!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:07 pm 

BUMP! Come on people get on with the plan! I'm also trying to get DurhamTown to give me a $5 off coupon for their pro-shop (General park and ride admission) for all of us.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:17 pm 

Have a safe Trip.. you all enjoy. Post some pics of the place when you can.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:21 am 

Anybody contact Stoneman and Odykid they have both been their in the past, last I heard Odykid was out of the Pilots and Odysseys but might still have his Rhino and the kids has quads?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:40 am 

I changed the event date to 11/29/2014 in hopes to get better weather and a bigger list of participants.

I do not know how to contact those, Hoser.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:20 pm 

Wait a minute.. I got a second chance? Did DC still arrive on the 13th or is he changing up?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:43 pm 

As originally stated I arrived on the 13th (yesterday) and will be leaving the morning of the 16th. Currently there are 3 Pilots, 3 RZR's and 2 bikes here. Weather is perfect, trails are great (maybe a little dusty but cant complain). Today was the day to be here, maybe 30 people total at the entire place. There is a big MX event Saturday so there may be hoards of people on the trails but still a great time.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:56 pm 

DC wrote:
As originally stated I arrived on the 13th (yesterday) and will be leaving the morning of the 16th. Currently there are 3 Pilots, 3 RZR's and 2 bikes here. Weather is perfect, trails are great (maybe a little dusty but cant complain). Today was the day to be here, maybe 30 people total at the entire place. There is a big MX event Saturday so there may be hoards of people on the trails but still a great time.

Any pictures?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:59 am 

Glad you had s great time and sorry that I didn't get to come. Things came up. I'm sure you were not disappointed.

November 29th is the next visit!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:32 pm 

So we're getting down to the last few days before go-live. Right now the weather forecast is 0% rain with temperatures between 40~60 degrees. that's PERFECT for my air-cooled fl350! That and it just stopped raining in Georgia here this morning so it should hopefully dry up by Saturday the 29th. Friday and Sunday also look similar if those days are in your plans as well.

So, whose coming with me this time around?

I also have this event posted on my Facebook which has about 4~5 people going with various dirt machines so we are definitely going!

Profile E-mail