Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:41 pm 

Spring will be sneaking up so lets get this on the books. UPDATED DATES..... April 4th thru 8th . Eric, Darrel, Chris,George, the usual motley crew get ready. If any new riders want to go, PM me or Ez71Pilot or Dbloudharleys and we can answer any questions. George you should be ready to go right?? Chris get on over to the Midwest for some duneing.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:09 pm 

No I will have to pass,probably wont make it at all this yr.Were going on a cruise in April so I cant take off any more time then.Then I'm pretty sure were going to use our other week of vacation going to Palo Duro State Park at end of Aug beginning of Sept.Theres a huge riding area within an hr of park
http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trai ... e_09f4.htm

,and the Kermit Sand Dunes are 4 hrs away

http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trai ... e_804e.htm

so I will probably go there for a day or 2 also

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:57 pm 

Cool, the best of both worlds, trails and dunes. Kermits about 8 hours from OKC give or take with the potty breaks. Let us know how you like those dunes. Maybe we can meet up there sometime. The Rosita Flats not far from LS. Might be nice for your RZR. We tried trail for the PIlots, not for us but Yall might like. Have a good time and we will catch up soon.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:06 pm 

I went back and read the area of Kermits Dunes, wow 25 square miles Ms Piggy!! I wonder if there are any straights to open up the Taz??

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:33 pm 

stix wrote:
Cool, the best of both worlds, trails and dunes. Kermits about 8 hours from OKC give or take with the potty breaks. Let us know how you like those dunes. Maybe we can meet up there sometime. The Rosita Flats not far from LS. Might be nice for your RZR. We tried trail for the PIlots, not for us but Yall might like. Have a good time and we will catch up soon.

Really? Im surprised,the trails looked very pilot friendly to me in the videos and pics.I don't know what kind of trails your used to besides Little Sahara but those looked better than any place I ride.Looking at the satellite pics there looks like miles of trails also.
Why did you think they werent pilot friendly?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:35 am 

redskinman wrote:
stix wrote:

Really? Im surprised,the trails looked very pilot friendly to me in the videos and pics.I don't know what kind of trails your used to besides Little Sahara but those looked better than any place I ride.Looking at the satellite pics there looks like miles of trails also.

I don't know if Rosita Flats trails are not Pilot friendly since I havnt been to that park. I was more speaking from our experience riding local trails and Red River ATV trails, navigating the tight trails and trees kinda sucked for us, you know Jen and her tendancy to get in a snafu. Little Sahara has trails but you can ride trails without trees and sand is a little more forgiving. You might like them and maybe I might like them as well if they are long and open so you can get some speed. The pics for the Rosita showed some hilly trails and I saw a long and open trail so who know what you might find and like. You'll have to post a ride report. Its not much further than LS for us.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:43 am 

stix wrote:
redskinman wrote:
stix wrote:

I don't know if Rosita Flats trails are not Pilot friendly since I havnt been to that park. I was more speaking from our experience riding local trails and Red River ATV trails, navigating the tight trails and trees kinda sucked for us, you know Jen and her tendancy to get in a snafu. Little Sahara has trails but you can ride trails without trees and sand is a little more forgiving. You might like them and maybe I might like them as well if they are long and open so you can get some speed. The pics for the Rosita showed some hilly trails and I saw a long and open trail so who know what you might find and like. You'll have to post a ride report. Its not much further than LS for us.

Oh I guess I misinterpreted your post I thought you had been there

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:06 am 

i can make those. once a date is locked in ill set my vacation time.
:-) :-) :-) :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:19 pm 

Those are good dates for me, Probably make it in the 28th or 29th and leave that Wed the 1st.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:53 pm 

Ill probably show up on the 28th as well. Im just gonna wing the campsite reservation system after the last fubar. Besides, we might get free rent again. DBloudharley darrel is set to go so this date is final. If any of you Baby Hueys want to back out, try to do it asap, the closer it gets to the "ride" the less chance most of us are going to be able to reschedule, catch my drift??

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:20 am 

I made the mistake of looking at February and not March for those dates. High probability can't do those dates. Sorry for the mix up. Ez

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:18 am 

ez71pilot wrote:
I made the mistake of looking at February and not March for those dates. High probability can't do those dates. Sorry for the mix up. Ez

Big Baby Huey lol

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:08 pm 

im still open on dates my exclusion dates are below

4/20/15 - 5/4/15 (planned outage)
3/20/15 - 3/29/15 (kids spring break) i could still go the 28th or so if that's the plan

otherwise i am open.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:34 pm 

If we schedule April 11th thru 15th they will be winding up the Snakehunt weekend so sand will be choppy unless its windy, we have done it before just a little bobble heady! And if we go April 18th thru 22nd Chris will have to leave early??...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:57 pm 

So what about Aprii 4th- 8th?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:22 pm 

ez71pilot wrote:
So what about Aprii 4th- 8th?

if that's the week before the snake hunt good luck getting a spot

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:29 pm 

According to one website, yes it is the week before sandfest.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:32 am 

looks like this lost momentum.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:15 pm 

April 4th thru 8th works for me. I think all the Snakehunters will be rolling in on the 9th(thursday/friday). If they show early we can gawk at the duners buggys, maybe even catch a race or two in the twin Chris!?!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:45 am 

sounds good. where do you reserve the camp spots? and where de we plan on camping?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:17 pm 

ChrisV wrote:
sounds good. where do you reserve the camp spots? and where de we plan on camping?

North campground. It 3 miles north of the "main" south entrance.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:39 pm 

so buttercup and the cowboy camp? they are filling already so I want to reserve one asap

looks like 615 and 617 are the only pull through camps left

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:10 pm 

I usually try to get 610 or 611. Might be busier than we thought coming up on snakehunt. I'm still no sure whats up at work with some things and don't know at the moment how things are gonna shake out.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:13 pm 

Yea I think Buttercup is the online name, If you can stay out of Cowboy do it, lots of stickers and a little farther from dunes. We spoiled to the South(Buttercup)! I might set resevation for Saturday and Sunday, most people are gone by Sunday afternoon. I just checked website and they show 13 spaces available for 4th thru 6th.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:22 pm 

I locked in 616

Profile E-mail