Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: May Little Sahara, Ok
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:05 pm 

Well im 2 days post elbow surgery and I'm being optomistic but would like to shoot for 23rd - 27th. Have to see how things progress but though id throw a date out there.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:51 pm 

i have alot going on right now so i will say that i am a maybe at best. would love to ride again though.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:45 pm 

Works for me

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:46 pm 

And where are ya'lls vids?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:54 pm 

Hello,

We will be there 23-26. We just purchased an FL 350 we will be bringing. We also have an 86 and 88 250r and more. We will be in space 125 up on the hill. come by and say hello if you have a chance.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:07 pm 

ChrisV wrote:
i have alot going on right now so i will say that i am a maybe at best. would love to ride again though.

Did you tell me u needed a horse collar for ur pilot? If so I've got a couple to choose from and you can have it. They ride up too much for my liking and I'm good with the set up I have. If you make it this trip I'll bring em.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:31 am 

ez71pilot wrote:
ChrisV wrote:

Did you tell me u needed a horse collar for ur pilot? If so I've got a couple to choose from and you can have it. They ride up too much for my liking and I'm good with the set up I have. If you make it this trip I'll bring em.

Thanks!!! I'm at that interview that I mentioned today and I have a feeling that my life is going to be crazy for the next several months.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:51 pm 

good luck with it chrisv.
keep us posted .
I am in don't know for sure how many days but I will be there.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:15 am 

thanks

Eric, hows the arm?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:36 pm 

Ok for now, prob a little too early to say. Tried to upload a pic from my phone but no luck. Get stitches out Tuesday. I'm gonna test it this weekend and try to get the cylinder removed for the top end job. Well see.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:02 am 

ez71pilot wrote:
Ok for now, prob a little too early to say. Tried to upload a pic from my phone but no luck. Get stitches out Tuesday. I'm gonna test it this weekend and try to get the cylinder removed for the top end job. Well see.

What was the problem with the pics from the phone did you get an error?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:50 am 

What was the problem with the pics from the phone did you get an error?[/quote]

Either my phone or verizon. Just wouldn't upload. Here lately youtube takes several minutes to play or won't at all. I'm pretty sure problem is on my end.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:26 pm 

Should we start reserving?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:17 pm 

OK I spoke with Stix and checking availability for that weekend was a no go. Memorial day it was booked and spots did not come available til Monday. So we changed the dates to Saturday May 16th, to Wed May 20th. So feel free to do any days within that time frame. I think Stix is coming in on Saturday, DBHarley probably Sunday. Spaces were really limited for the Saturday arrival but pretty much free up Sunday the 17th. Hope this works.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 10:12 pm 

Im heading out in the morning, ready to get the hell outta dodge, I neeed a vacation!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 9:51 am 

Getting on the road now, should roll in about noonish

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 5:52 pm 

So hows the weather? Riding yet? Why arent you riding? :shock: :-)

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 10:25 am 

Rolled in about noon or so and been raining, and raining hard pretty much til about 7 or so. Torrential downpours, crazy. Looks awesome now and the next couple days are supposed to be great. So Stix and I are unloading and getting ready to head out in a few.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 6:57 pm 

Had a great time, could not have picked a better day to go ride as the conditions were almost perfect. The first ride out was a break in the new Engine using the Mudbogger piston #4 so I tagged along with a couple of four seat razors ( in case I need a tow) while EZ and others were eating breakfast. I got to see a razor fold up the rear end like a pretzel as He launched it off a dune skyward. He got massive air and came down hard on the front then sideways on the rear and it just collapsed. On the way back in EZ found me out playing around and joined in on the ride back to camp. The Engine ran a touch fat which was ok for break in. We then filled back up and went for two more rides before shoot some video and I called it a day. Good news is both EZ’s #2 top end and mine held together. Stixs new Taz car is simply a cool ride. Man I just love it when my jaw hurts after a day of hanging out with other dune pilots. Thanks go out to all for the great time and the help setting up my new go pro. I know one thing for sure the front end of my pilot is gona get a anti squeak make over as it almost makes watching the video un barable.

Adnoh

http://youtu.be/zITSy3GX02E

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 7:41 pm 

adnoh wrote:
Had a great time, could not have picked a better day to go ride as the conditions were almost perfect. The first ride out was a break in the new Engine using the Mudbogger piston #4 so I tagged along with a couple of four seat razors ( in case I need a tow) while EZ and others were eating breakfast. I got to see a razor fold up the rear end like a pretzel as He launched it off a dune skyward. He got massive air and came down hard on the front then sideways on the rear and it just collapsed. On the way back in EZ found me out playing around and joined in on the ride back to camp. The Engine ran a touch fat which was ok for break in. We then filled back up and went for two more rides before shoot some video and I called it a day. Good news is both EZ’s #2 top end and mine held together. Stixs new Taz car is simply a cool ride. Man I just love it when my jaw hurts after a day of hanging out with other dune pilots. Thanks go out to all for the great time and the help setting up my new go pro. I know one thing for sure the front end of my pilot is gona get a anti squeak make over as it almost makes watching the video un barable.

Adnoh

Always good news when theres no wrecks or break downs :-)
Cant believe you didnt get video of the rzr wreck!! :shock:

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 9:02 pm 

Adnoh, have you used all those returned pistons with no issues to date?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 9:05 pm 

adnoh wrote:

Adnoh

Thanks for posting the video of the Taz. Good job following Im sure you sacraficed some helmet sand to get the shots.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 9:13 am 

Redskin man:
Yes it would have been cool to see video of the razor jump and carnage. I had not installed the camera yet as I needed help setting it up. It looked like the rear radius rod bent allowing the wheel to fold over. It twisted the trailing arm and tore open the bottom shock mount. I do have some fuel use info for you. The book says the tank capacity is 4.23 gallons to which 1.32 gallons are reserve capacity. So in theory we can say the fuel light will come on just before the main tank need to be switched over to reserve or right around 2.91 gallons. As most know or should one would already have the tank set on reserve to prevent a lean condition as the man tank hits reserve so we wait for fuel light to come on the head in. or at least I do. My vapor said I rode 3.06 hours this trip, I used 12 gallons of gas based on the cans with 4 gallons each mixed at 32:1 with HP-2. I made four trips out on the dunes with each trip ridding until the fuel light came on. Based on this I can conclude I used an average of 3 gallons per ride and the Engine run time averages out to 46.5 minutes per ride. Keep in mind I use a 39 mm with a main jet for 2 rides at 180 and 2 rides at 178 with a static compression of 145. When I was running this same cylinder and head with a static compression of 165 I use a 180 to 185 main jet and the run time was a little less. One item to note is with the lower compression with this cylinder my peak rpm at WOT (Wide Open Throttle) was also less and that was to be expected. This Engine so far only produce 8070 peak rpm at 61.2 mph, this according to my vapor. The mph may be off a few however the base line is set so the difference for comparison is what I look at. A key factor here is Engine temperature versus air temperature. I watch this to look for onset of detonation. In my case the Engine temp max for the day was 176. It ran from 163 to 176 thought the day.

Mudbogger:
I have used two so far #1 and #4. I will use one more in two weeks with another Engine. The #4 ran at LS will receive an inspection and then added compression level and boost in rpm. Really glad to hear your doing better.

Stix:
I think EZ got the worst of it. I yelled at him to turn, he must have not heard me. You know me I like sand sandwiches. Ez just got the meal deal with his and supper sized it.

Any way had a great time and it was fun to get out on the sand.
Adnoh

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:36 pm 

adnoh wrote:
Redskin man:
Yes it would have been cool to see video of the razor jump and carnage. I had not installed the camera yet as I needed help setting it up. It looked like the rear radius rod bent allowing the wheel to fold over. It twisted the trailing arm and tore open the bottom shock mount. I do have some fuel use info for you. The book says the tank capacity is 4.23 gallons to which 1.32 gallons are reserve capacity. So in theory we can say the fuel light will come on just before the main tank need to be switched over to reserve or right around 2.91 gallons. As most know or should one would already have the tank set on reserve to prevent a lean condition as the man tank hits reserve so we wait for fuel light to come on the head in. or at least I do. My vapor said I rode 3.06 hours this trip, I used 12 gallons of gas based on the cans with 4 gallons each mixed at 32:1 with HP-2. I made four trips out on the dunes with each trip ridding until the fuel light came on. Based on this I can conclude I used an average of 3 gallons per ride and the Engine run time averages out to 46.5 minutes per ride. Keep in mind I use a 39 mm with a main jet for 2 rides at 180 and 2 rides at 178 with a static compression of 145. When I was running this same cylinder and head with a static compression of 165 I use a 180 to 185 main jet and the run time was a little less. One item to note is with the lower compression with this cylinder my peak rpm at WOT (Wide Open Throttle) (Wide Open Throttle) was also less and that was to be expected. This Engine so far only produce 8070 peak rpm at 61.2 mph, this according to my vapor. The mph may be off a few however the base line is set so the difference for comparison is what I look at. A key factor here is Engine temperature versus air temperature. I watch this to look for onset of detonation. In my case the Engine temp max for the day was 176. It ran from 163 to 176 thought the day.

Mudbogger:
I have used two so far #1 and #4. I will use one more in two weeks with another Engine. The #4 ran at LS will receive an inspection and then added compression level and boost in rpm. Really glad to hear your doing better.

Stix:
I think EZ got the worst of it. I yelled at him to turn, he must have not heard me. You know me I like sand sandwiches. Ez just got the meal deal with his and supper sized it.

Any way had a great time and it was fun to get out on the sand.
Adnoh

Thanks for the gas info.I did not know that about the gas tank,good to know,thanks.My pilot has the ATV Racing desert style gas tank,not sure how many gallons it holds,will have to check into it and compare to your usage