Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:37 pm 

Here's a vid from Sunday's event,Andrew and his CopterCam dose great vids.
Funny we look so slower than inside the buggy?
I was having understeer probs again on the tighter bends,most time had to back off a lot while drifting wide just to gain front traction to steer.
I also stiffened up the rear end resie to #8.
I've got the rear brakes working a lot better now Diablo,the new master,caliper seals,and S/S lines have made a big difference.
But all that left hand rear brake squeezing sure brings on the dreaded forearm pump concrete.One time was nearly gonna pull outof the race,my fingers cramped up like an ol crow's claw.
The SxS's sure have the advantage with their AWD system,soon as the rears spin on the turns,the fronts take over,then wait for the rears to come back in like a good ol wrestling tag team match.
Was a great day weather wise,around 28C-82F,still in Autumn/Fall.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:45 pm 

Good stuff Bazz, thanks for sharin'

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:51 am 

No worries Mike.
I'z heea ta pleze ya masta! :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:27 am 

I have come up with a devious plan to counter the SxS's Auto AWD 4x4 system advantage!

First up here's how it works,then using reverse espionage,deactivate it! :shock:

From the service manual....
AWD Engagement: When the AWD switch is activated, the
AWD coil is powered by a 12 Vdc input which creates a
magnetic field. This magnetic field attracts an armature plate
that is keyed to the roll cage. When the ring gear and roll cage
are spinning (vehicle is moving), the energized coil and
armature plate will apply drag to the roll cage that indexes the
rollers inside the ring gear to an engagement position. While in
the engagement position, the front drive will be in an “overrunning”
condition (not engaged), until the rear wheels lose
traction. Once the rear wheels begin to lose traction, the front
drive will engage by coupling the output hubs to the ring gear via
the rollers. The front drive will remain engaged until the torque
requirement goes away (i.e. rear wheels regain traction).
AWD Disengagement: Once the rear wheels regain traction,
the front wheels will return to the “over-running” condition.
The vehicle is now back to rear wheel drive until the next loss
of rear wheel traction occurs

Engagement and diengagement is all mechanical as long as there is voltage to the armature plate...at that point there is no "decesion" process.. "sensing" rear wheel slip is completely mechanical. The front and rear gear sets are a different ratio..the front is geared slightly lower..so with no rear slip the front ring gear is turning a little slower than the output hubs/axles..once the rears slip then the front hubs(splined to the axles) slow down but the ring gear doesn't as it is linked by the prop shaft to the rear diff/axles ect...so the when the front ring gear tries to overspeed the front hubs a set of rollers are forced up ramps and lock the hubs to the ring gear...thus driving the front axles..
And once it is locked..it is pretty much a "locker"...each axle is splined to a hub..those hubs get "locked" to the ring gear by the wedged rollers..
no clutch packs per se ect that you would find in a limited slip..

End copy.

SO the way I see it,all I gotta do is attack/deactivate THAT DASTARDLY coil!

Now we go back in time to when I was kid,circa late 60's-70's.
I remember my father tellin' me about Marconi,and what he could do.
We just did a history lesson on Tesla(coil) and Marconi,that's why dad brought up what stuck in his memory from back in the day.
I've never forgot that he told me Marconi was able to drop a plane from the sky,and because he was a war/world game changer,that THEY killed him!
Fearing that he might be acquired by the wrong side.
Now being a kid I never believed it from dad,especially when I fell for the ol DadGag,you know,"Pull my finger son!" :shock: Image
So decided it was just another DadGag?

Anyway forward back to the future,I did some internet searching on the Marconi,plane/car thing.
Guess what,ol Dad was onto something,read this:

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/tesla ... sla_18.htm

MARCONI THE MYSTERIOUS

Marconi was the son of a wealthy Italian landowner and an Irish mother. When his first transmission in 1895 had not interested Italian authorities, he had gone to Britain. The Marconi Wireless Telegraph Company was formed in London in 1896 and Marconi made millions off his inventions.

Marconi and Tesla are both given credit for the invention of the radio. Marconi's historical radio transmission utilized a Heinrich Hertz spark arrester, a Popov antenna, and an Edouard Bramely coherer for his simple device that was to go on to become the modern radio.

Marconi was given the Nobel Prize for Physics in 1909 jointly with Karl Ferdinand Braun, who made important modifications which considerably increased the range of the first Marconi transmitters.

Like Tesla, Marconi was a mysterious man in his later years and was known to perform exotic experiments, including some in anti-gravity, aboard his yacht Electra. Marconi's yacht was a floating super-laboratory, from which he sent signals into space and lit lights in Australia in 1930. He did this with the aid of an Italian physicist named Landini by sending wave train signals through the earth, much as Tesla had done in Colorado Springs.

In June of 1936 Marconi demonstrated to Italian Fascist dictator Benito Mussolini a wave gun device that could be used as a defensive weapon. In the 1930s such devices were popularized as death rays as in a Boris Karloff film of the same name. Marconi demonstrated the ray on a busy highway north of Milan one afternoon.

Mussolini had asked his wife Rachele to also be on the highway at precisely 3:30 in the afternoon. Marconi's device caused the electrical systems in all the cars, including Rachele's, to malfunction for half an hour, while her chauffeur and other motorists checked their fuel pumps and spark plugs. At 3:35 all the cars were able to start again. Rachele Mussolini later published this account in her autobiography.

Mussolini was quite pleased with Marconi's invention. However, it is said that Pope Pius XI learned about the paralyzing rays and took steps to have Mussolini stop Marconi's research.

According to Marconi's followers, Marconi then, after faking his own death, took his yacht to South America in 1937.

So he already did it with cars,then I found this:

https://books.google.com.au/books?id=cy ... es&f=false

Very interesting reading huh?

SO in a nutshell,I need to learn the ways of Gugi Marconi huh?
Then with my new 4 channel remote (starting lights) it will be the perfect disguise to activate the Death Rays to the SxS's Coil!!!
The 4th button will be used at MY pleasure when they are into a turn,and I'll blast by them! :-)

Profile E-mail