Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:14 pm 

Looking at an LS trip Sat 5th - Wed 9th, that's a couple weeks before sandfest, but it is labor day weekend so I would book early if interested. Staying at Buttercup if this pans out. Stix, DBHarley, Adnoh, Chris V, u guys in? The more the better.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:58 pm 

Put the date on my calendar. Looks like August will be a busy month for me.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:20 pm 

What about arriving Friday(Sept 4th), I think I will be leaving Monday or Tuesday morning, Reason is we are going to ride Lake Mckenzie the weekend before(Aug 29th thru Sept 2nd) then Beaver dunes on Thrusday and then to Little Sahara on Friday, anyhow a long week planned so I would like to leave LS on Monday or Tuesday at the latest and be able to ride with the Wolf Pack for at least 3 or 4 days.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:04 pm 

The earliest I cud get there is Saturday just due to needing Friday for the drive time, have to work that Wed, Thur til 3am Friday. Be nice to have someone to be able to ride with tues/wed. Give it a week or so and see what kinda response we get? Hate to drive all that way and not be able to meet up with everyone.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:00 pm 

As of right now I am in.
You know I am good till tues , possibly wednesday. Hopefully I will be recovered from wrist surgery by then . We will just add one more surgery to to freeking book I have going right now. Of course my
schedule could change by then but I am going to be ready for a break and hopefully the heat is going to break by then if the grasshoppers and beetles don't eat us up before then. lol
The news said they can see them moving this way on radar.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:41 pm 

Hope you don't have to drive one handed, well at least not your right hand.

Well Eric it looks like you have a buddy to keep you warm at night on Monday and tues night. Ok Ill get my spots reserved.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:34 pm 

I reserved also.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:30 am 

Its reserved .
I tried to get ez spot but he beat me to it .
Next ride I am gonna throw out some dates and scoop it up first.lol

Anybody else in for some fun in the sun.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:45 am 

Looks like I can not make it this ride. Every one have fun and be safe.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:11 pm 

We stopped off at palo duro Canyon for some R&R and rode with Redskinman today at Rosita Flats near Amarillo Texas. have the one pic from down in the Canyon and look closely it's a bird it's a plane it's Redskinman, and wife up in the cliff mountains

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 64.2 KiB | Viewed 4558 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 51.84 KiB | Viewed 4558 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:38 pm 

We departed palo duro canyon today and stopped at beaver dunes in oklahoma. The riding area is better suited for quads and maybe side x sides. The taz car and a pilot will be a bit too wide for the most trails. There's not many rolling dunes either. I was really hoping for more. The place just did t deliver from a Pilot riders standpoint. A s x s might be ok because your are higher in the air and weeds might not smack you in the face. Whelp, were headed to little Sahara tomorrow.

We stopped at an RV museum before we left Amarillo. There were some great vintage motorhomes travel trailers a a motorcycles. Here's some pics of the vintage Flexible motorhome that was filmed in the Robin Williams movie RV. Sorry about the sideways pics not sure why that happens with iPhone.

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 61.69 KiB | Viewed 4543 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 50.01 KiB | Viewed 4543 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 54.57 KiB | Viewed 4543 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 45.94 KiB | Viewed 4543 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 46.54 KiB | Viewed 4543 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:37 am 

More pics of trip
It was great to meet up with stix and his wife. The riding area is huge and it's free!

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 94.24 KiB | Viewed 4538 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 75.83 KiB | Viewed 4538 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 57.4 KiB | Viewed 4538 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 96.62 KiB | Viewed 4538 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:45 am 

We went to this famous Texas steakhouse where if you can a 72 ounce steak in 60 minutes it's free!.You might have seen it on man versus food.

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 40.64 KiB | Viewed 4538 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 36.6 KiB | Viewed 4538 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 49.88 KiB | Viewed 4538 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:48 am 

We zip lined across the canyon while we were there

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 47.11 KiB | Viewed 4538 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 78.69 KiB | Viewed 4538 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:58 pm 

Wel we finally made it to little Sahara. Fought wind from Amarillo all the way here. Anyhow it was worth it. The sand is silky smooths and the park is almost empty at least until the weekend hits We are the only campers at north campground which is nice. I went for a quick teaser ride to see if the Tazcar wanted to run a little hot like it did yesterday at beaver dunes. I didnt have paddle tires and I was just spinning tires and not moving at beaver. No air across radiator so might be why getting Engine warm. No problems here with the paddles. here's a few pics and I hope a video.

Attachments:
File comment: Lots of rain puddles and vegitTation growing in them. Havnt ever seen a puddle right in front of the north entrance. Havnt had rain in at least a week
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 26 KiB | Viewed 4527 times ]
File comment: Check out the razors and the wind is really blowing the sand around. Lots of new terrain since the spring
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 21.83 KiB | Viewed 4527 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 28.34 KiB | Viewed 4527 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 24.15 KiB | Viewed 4527 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 56.26 KiB | Viewed 4527 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 96.19 KiB | Viewed 4527 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:56 pm 

I missing it already, sorry I'm not there, hopefully get the house on the market in the next week or so and that will free up some time for me to try in Oct. Have fun, be safe and enjoy my spot.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:49 pm 

ez71pilot wrote:
I missing it already, sorry I'm not there, hopefully get the house on the market in the next week or so and that will free up some time for me to try in Oct. Have fun, be safe and enjoy my spot.

We're both getting a kick out of being handicapped. I had to change all fours on the taz. Nice not to have to worry about lug nuts getting lost on the rocks and jack works better on concrete. I was missing chasing you in the trails and bowls for sure. I can't get Darrel to run through the trails like we do. I hope Darrel and wife get out here soon though. Good luck with the house sale -::

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:25 pm 

Thanks for the pics guys!

I love seeing all the places I cant ride!

Hows the TAZ doing?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:41 pm 

bullnerd wrote:
Thanks for the pics guys!

I love seeing all the places I cant ride!

Hows the TAZ doing?

Your welcome. It's cool to see new terrain. If you ever make it to Oklahoma little Sahara is a pilot/odyssey fl350 owners playground. The taz has been a great buggy. I have had no issues with it since I bought it. The Engine got warm enough to trigger a yellow indicator light on the instrument panel. This happened while riding in deep sand with no paddle tires and I was revving the Engine everywhere just to keep moving. Once I got to little Sahara and put the paddle tires back on no Engine hot problems. I like this model Tazcar because it's smaller than later models and on my opinion the closest ride I have found to the pilot experience. But you have all the power you will need at little Sahara ok and plenty of suspension travel. I would recommend the taz for anyone who like the pilots or fl350's. I love the machine and can't imagine riding Nything else just yet. That Yamaha yxz looks cool though.

Profile E-mail