Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Winchester Wk of Aug 22
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:00 am 

Hi all. We're making a family trip (yep, family, girls, grandkids and all) to Winchester the week of August 22nd. Anyone going to happen to be there that week? We stay at Discovery Point. This year we're shacking up in one of their condos, rather than dragging the 5th wheel over, or tent camping. Just thought I'd throw this out there.

No joystick yet on Cameron's Oddy, but he's going, and the Oddy is going. Big brother will ride 2-up with him.

Not taking any bikes this year, just quads and the Oddy.

I need to purchase a Comet 94C in time to install it and tune it before we go. The stock Salsbury lost a roller. Any lines on good Comet pricing would be appreciated.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:14 am 

sounds like it will be a great trip. wish i could tag along! glad to hear you still have the odyssey and still have intentions of making it joystick controled. i actually found your business card in the shop the other day, ive been curious if you still had the odyssey or not!

as far as the 94c, im thinking ebay will be your best bet for pricing. ive got a junk salisbury clutch that you are more than welcome to if you cant get a 94c and it has any parts you may need.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:39 am 

Hi Matt, really good to here from you. One of these days you and your mom will need to make a trip to Winchester with us. Have you ever done that trip? I know you ride Moses, Juniper and White Pine. We were supposed to go to Little Sahara Utah, but then the wives and grandkids decided they wanted to go. Little Sahara is pretty much primitive sand camping, so would have been difficult for Cameron and the grandkids, especially in late August. So we opted for Winchester again.

We didn't make it down for the sprint boat races this spring, but usually do both races (they always fall on fathers day weekend and my birthday weekend, so both races are my present to myself). This year we'll be in the Oregon sandbox for my birthday, and will miss the race that weekend. One of my buddies from work runs in the modified boat class (049 Obsession), and we usually go with him for his two races at the slough. I was thinking if we actually made the August race, I'd look you up while we were in town. We've met several St John people who work the event who know you and your mom. Seems as though you're a pretty popular guy with all the hot girls in St John :). We'll hook up with you next season for sure if you're around.

Thanks for the tip on shopping ebay for a clutch. I didn't find much a few weeks ago when I started looking, but it may have just been how I worded my search. I've also been looking one of the Oddy Pilot parts sites pricing. Once I get the Salisbury off, I'll let you know what parts it needs, or whether it even looks worth repairing. We suddenly heard a load clicking, then immediately started getting vibration, so we shut it down. I kinda knew it was something that let loose in the clutch. It still moves fine, runs fine, but is noisy and vibrates the entire Oddy. The sheaves are not running true - maybe loosing the one roller took out the main bushing. I can tell the balance is off, but am pretty sure it's not the crank.

Anyway, tell your mom hi from us. Will let you know how this turns out.
Craig

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:46 pm 

we were planning a trip down to dunefest this year at winchester bay but i had some medical issues and got those tsken care of and didnt have time to get our stuff ready to go. still plan on teying to make a trip down yhere next year, maybe after dunefest so there isnt as many people, but we are going to get there eventually. we usually go riding up at mcroskey state park (outaide of farmington wa) and Juniper Dunes. just recently took a 5 day vacation up in elk river id and had an absolute blast. definately going to go back there again. we would love to meet up with you guys and go on a camping trip.

haha yeah im sure most St. John people lnow me, my dad owned the local auto repair shop until he passed away so most people know me from growing up down at the shop. if you are ever in the area feel free to get ahold of me. do you still havr my number? i can PM it to you if not.

i search fl350 94c on ebay and there is about 6 to choose from. i really enjoyed a 94c i had on an old odyssey. out of they box they are setup just fine for a stock odyssey. some of the odyssey specific parts places seem way overpriced, so do some shopping before pulling the trigger!! i bought a junk fl350 i sold to another friend in spokane and part of the deal was i wanted the Engine back, turned out it sat full of water for years. so i also have a good cylinder, head, and cases if you need/want spares. don't know why i wanted that Engine back!

it is good to hear from you too, have fun down in winchester hopefully we can make the trip next year. we have a toy hauler now and like to get away and go camping/riding as often as possible!

Profile E-mail